Protests

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You told us we would win on saturday remind us how that turned out? 

This team isn't going to start picking up points its weak as piss.

i did.. we are in a piss poor league.. Tide is going to turn i am confident.. Drop the liability  Sefil replace him with Wheater thats a massive step in the right direction.. We didn't play that bad first half at bradford just missing  a goal for some of our build up play.. Our problem was when we lost possession and they broke against us..we was all over the place looked like conceding everytime Bradford attacked us.

Our win will come and and things will take on a new perspective when it happens.. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You are a scab. Teach your kid right from wrong, some self respect and some morals. 

Stop using your kid as an excuse.

He won't have a club to watch when he is 20 if these two stay for another year or so.

It’s a game of football, not the AGM of the Black Hand.

I don’t think about them at all. And that’s besides the point anyway. If someone wants to take their child to a game of football, they should be able to do so without someone suggesting they’re morally bankrupt for doing so.

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

An outsider looking in would probably say, ridiculous recruitment policy aside, what have you got to complain about?

Is the "ridiculous" recruitment policy alone not enough?

I hear what you're saying.  Just being shit isn't enough to protest, but the reason why we are shit is.

The protest would need a clear, simple message.

53 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

My dad used to tell me tales about the miners strike and those miners  who were striking would start fighting and bullying those miners who didnt strike but went to work... calling fellow fans scabs for not attending a protest is pretty low dont you think?. we all love this club its in our blood..

No I don't, Mo.

28 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Is the "ridiculous" recruitment policy alone not enough?

I hear what you're saying.  Just being shit isn't enough to protest, but the reason why we are shit is.

The protest would need a clear, simple message.

That's the problem, there isn't a clear and obvious one. And folk aren't willing to give up going to the match which is why we sold 2000 season tickets and had 1000 at Bradford.

10 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’m hating the whole shit show, but my 10-year old is a football-mad Latics fan. I’ll use my brain and continue to take him, thanks.

For those of you boycotting, can’t blame you lads (and ladies) but stopping going probably isn’t enough. Just seems like apathy.

Get yourselves down to wherever Al, Mo and Barry park their cars and make your feelings known. Then go and do something with the 90 minutes you’ve won.

Just promise that if you call me a scab on my way into the ground, you do it with a smile so my lad doesn’t get too upset.

Mo's car is the 58 range rover black, parked about 10 meters to the left of the ticket office.... prob be a hire car, it's for show!

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

yes , 9 points up for grabs still.. Once we start picking points up all this will die out and peoples energies will shift to the football being played.... 

That isnt going to happen. This team is shit and totally fucked

Can we not call people "scabs" or anythingelse if they decide to go to the game and just want to do that.

Also for those who just want go to the game you need to understand that we are bottom of the entire football pyramid hurtling towards non-league oblivion. Passions are running high if people want to shout their dissatisfaction from the stand they are entitled too. 

We are fractured enough at the moment and everyone is pissed off people will show it in different ways.

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Personally, having not bought a season ticket for first time in years - and having paid to watch us in friendlies and the first 3 games of the season, I am now boycotting all games (home and away). We don't have a rich owner so, hitting him in the pocket will work if enough do it.

11 hours ago, Clifford said:

Those with a brain have been protesting aka not funding the two twats for months. Stop going, stop endorsing and stop funding the whole shit show. No excuses, stop fucking going. I know people who are 40/50 years in who won't go while these two are running things. Time to hit them where it hurts. 

11 hours ago, josh_latics said:

I didn't renew, haven't been this season, not sure when I will next go. The only way to properly protest is by hitting them in the pocket - which was season ticket time.

I would guess he made about c£500k from renewals (2000 at average of £250). That, plus the George money, EFL funds mean he's going nowhere for the foreseeable, and a few chants of "Abdallah Out" won't change that. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’ve watched our fanbase dwindle by thousands over the years. Must’ve hit the various owners hard in the pocket and look where it’s got us. Bottom of the football league.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

This won’t go down well, but...

You’re a scab who doesn’t care about the long-term health of our football club if you keep going to home matches. Giving these twats money is legitimising their actions which will ultimately kill OAFC. It’s that simple. 

#NoMorePenniesForTheLemmys

So there is one school of thought that believes that ‘hitting him/them in the pocket’ is the way to protest. 

As I see it, If we simply look at the financial impact of any boycott on the Lemsagans, this means that they will need to put more of their own money in to the club simply to break even. The reduction in cash flow may then lead to bills being unpaid, players wages being late again and creditors taking the club to court. The reduction In available cash will also mean that we cannot afford to bring in decent loanees.

All of the above will further impact the team performance and our downward spiral will continue. 

So what is it that the ‘hit them in the pocket’ movement are hoping to achieve? Ultimately I imagine it is to drive the owner and his brother out of the club. Then what? 

For this protest to ultimately succeed it needs there to be someone ready to step in with the financial means and the business acumen to take on our ailing club and turn things around. Does this person/group exist? Is the FLG that saviour? 

One thing that is plainly evident is that the fan base is divided on what to do - and each is entitled to his own opinion and approach. We have already seen infighting amongst our supporters and vitriolic comments about scabs only fuel the toxic atmosphere that surrounds our club.

I know that we all want this club to be a success but we need a coordinated response. The fans meeting that has been talked about on here needs to take place and it wouldn’t be a bad idea if the FLG joined that meeting.

Let’s work together.

Sick to death of protesters. Three times a week a protest from the unwashed "extinction rebellion" against climate change (why the fuck they waste theirs and my time protesting against a natural phenomena is beyond me. Where were the carbon emissions when Greenland was a tropical paradise?) forces my 30-40 minute drive in to a 3 hour slog. They glue themselves to the road, and dangle themselves from bridges accross the Brisbane river. Cut the ropes and run over the rest is what I say. Rant over.

Back on track. We are shit. We know we are. We will improve. Move along.

Don't mind me. I have been stuck in bed for 11 days with a chest infection. 

Over that as well.

Influence with any owner of our Club from the Trust doesn't come from being a 3% shareholder

The current Trust membership is only c350 supporters

Should the Trust have a membership of over c1,000 supporters, I would suggest any owner would be more interested in its ideas and opinions as it would be clearly more representative of our supporter numbers

Lots of posts currently on forums and social media about protesting but lets be brutally honest, we don't have enough supporters that can even be bothered to join our supporter organisation specifically created ''to protect the long term interests of Oldham Athletic’

We seriously need to get the Trust membership numbers up, it costs less than one match ticket and a pie !

I really do think a Trust with greater supporter numbers is or best chance  :OASISscarf:

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Influence with any owner of our Club from the Trust doesn't come from being a 3% shareholder

The current Trust membership is only c350 supporters

Should the Trust have a membership of over c1,000 supporters, I would suggest any owner would be more interested in its ideas and opinions as it would be clearly more representative of our supporter numbers

Lots of posts currently on forums and social media about protesting but lets be brutally honest, we don't have enough supporters that can even be bothered to join our supporter organisation specifically created ''to protect the long term interests of Oldham Athletic’

We seriously need to get the Trust membership numbers up, it costs less than one match ticket and a pie !

I really do think a Trust with greater supporter numbers is or best chance  :OASISscarf:

Trust had their chance but preferred to get in bed with Abdallah so it would benefit one man, sorry if that offends anyone who gives up their time to help run it but the Trust has run its course in many peoples eyes and is impotent. 

Archived