Was it really 30 Years ago since Latics got promoted to the top Division (1)?

I was 1 at the time. I didn't start supporting Latics until a mate brought me along on a 'bring a friend for a quid' day (see, they do work sometimes) when I was 16. Then I started coming every week, got hooked in our play off season under Shez. Little did I know nearly 15 years later that's still the highest I'd see us climb. I look forward to getting back to times where our league position is the only thing that worries me. 

10 minutes ago, JED said:

Wow, well done Dave. You’ve got a good memory or you’ve checked your OASIS database! Happy days.

Can't remember what I had for breakfast but your silky 5 a side skills stick in the mind!

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Even though we lost WBA fans were raving about the brilliant Alan Groves.

One match I didn't mind us losing as it was great to see their fans celebrating, something which we had the privilege of doing in the early 90s.

I was in the Chaddy End for that match. Did WBA fans launch a pitch invasion at H/T or maybe it was another game? Sure I remember seeing a line of them right across the pitch running towards us. It felt like the Alamo 🤣

The one game  above all others I wish I had gone to  missed it for a stag do  that I couldn’t get out of to either ripon  or thirsk races  remember  when we got the result  through  singing Oldham in the stand at the race course  there must of been about 4 or 5 coach loads of different trips from Oldham who joined in  bizarre to say the least

29 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Happy anniversary.

So sad that of the 3,000 or so who went to Ipswich, I would expect maybe at least half that number no longer care or maybe sadly are no longer with us. 

Never to be forgotten day for all those privileged to have been there and may the current and future generations one day experience something akin to this 

Thanks for the memories      

On 4/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, Worcester Owl said:

I was in the Chaddy End for that match. Did WBA fans launch a pitch invasion at H/T or maybe it was another game? Sure I remember seeing a line of them right across the pitch running towards us. It felt like the Alamo 🤣

Think you were dreaming Worcester, no pitch invasion at half time/ just one at full time. The Baggies fans only turned their attention to a handful of Latics herberts who for some reason thought it might be worth a go charging at the hordes of Baggies 

29 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Think you were dreaming Worcester, no pitch invasion at half time/ just one at full time. The Baggies fans only turned their attention to a handful of Latics herberts who for some reason thought it might be worth a go charging at the hordes of Baggies 

Yes at full time I remember them chanting for Jonny Giles, and he and the albion team all came out on top of the old main stand boxes. I was sat in the Ford stand and had a great view of probably more than 10,000 green and yellow bedecked fans celebrating. Possibly biggest attendance I witnessed at BP.

34 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

The pitch invasion was the Burnley FA cup game - full length Rochdale Road End to Chaddy End.

29 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Yes at full time I remember them chanting for Jonny Giles, and he and the albion team all came out on top of the old main stand boxes. I was sat in the Ford stand and had a great view of probably more than 10,000 green and yellow bedecked fans celebrating. Possibly biggest attendance I witnessed at BP.

Wasnt that our only home defeat that season ? 

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

What happened to those boxes? They really were ahead of their time for a small club. 

Archived