MATCH: vs Bradford City (A) 14/08/2021

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

They will if the money is right, we tolerate shite because we are skint and have to make do. Salford let him go because they have higher aspirations, and can afford someone better. Eith that or the class of 92 can’t judge a player. Pidge is an honest pro, but he is indicative of what we are and have been for a while- he’s make do.  

Agreed and I think we are make do for many of our players,effectively last chance saloon.  West laid it bare yesterday when he said basically their careers are on the line and they need to be able to see games out.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Headers he has nailed down, tackles he has nailed down, 

Just picking up on this point.

Headers. He should have headed the long punt from the keeper prior to the first goal yesterday. He also failed to win the header for Newport's winner last week.

Tackles. He mistimed one in the 98th minute yesterday which cost us the game...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Just picking up on this point.

Headers. He should have headed the long punt from the keeper prior to the first goal yesterday. He also failed to win the header for Newport's winner last week.

Tackles. He mistimed one in the 98th minute yesterday which cost us the game...

And you've just made my point.... you seem to erase from your memory the countless other chances at goal hes prevented. Like I said, that long punt, he was yet again alone at the back. Angol was pretty much in on goal after 1 flick on... The tackle yet again alone. Tackled 1 then had to get back up and try and tackle again because Angel was in on goal with noone else near him. So instead of pointing a finger at the 1 player who gives a shit and gives everythin for the shirt, and most of the time gets it bang on, point it at the lazy shite hes had around him for the past 18 months

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

And you've just made my point.... you seem to erase from your memory the countless other chances at goal hes prevented. Like I said, that long punt, he was yet again alone at the back. Angol was pretty much in on goal after 1 flick on... The tackle yet again alone. Tackled 1 then had to get back up and try and tackle again because Angel was in on goal with noone else near him. So instead of pointing a finger at the 1 player who gives a shit and gives everythin for the shirt, and most of the time gets it bang on, point it at the lazy shite hes had around him for the past 18 months

And also let's not forget that in 3 games we have limited the opposition to a few shots on target. By them odds you would expect clean sheets if you had a half decent keeper who doesn't let in 90% of shots on target. Yet again not pierrgiannis fault. Even clarke was slow and didn't win every header and every tackle. But he had 1 or 2 around him and a half decent keeper

In all this ridiculous farrago about the goalkeepers I can't help but wonder what Leutwiler is thinking. After four years sitting on the bench he takes the plunge to sign to play at a lower level and can't even get as far as the bench 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

In all this ridiculous farrago about the goalkeepers I can't help but wonder what Leutwiler is thinking. After four years sitting on the bench he takes the plunge to sign to play at a lower level and can't even get as far as the bench 

Thought the same myself. Though I'm wondering if that's the risk you take when you decide to join this shit show and you haven't done your due diligence on our glorious leaders.

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So my understanding is that Leutwiler has signed a 2 year deal which because of the transfer embargo should only have been for 1 year.

Is that correct?

appears to be but who knows.  Obviously we'll be contracted to pay him anyway

If the EFL have to approve the contract and they haven’t then surely it’s null & void.

If we’re paying him then why isn’t he playing.

Why can’t the club be more open and let the fans know what is actually happening!

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If the EFL have to approve the contract and they haven’t then surely it’s null & void.

It's a good point. In the financial sector any Senior Management (closely defined rather than a layman's interpretation) appointment is always subject to regulatory approval in all circumstances.  Whether the EFL's embargo related approval process is as strict and formal I doubt but don't now

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If the problem is the contract then just void it and let him sign a one year one with a verbal promise of a second year. 

That would be the answer with a management you could trust !!!

Can you imagine how he would feel about that?  Motivated to be at his best?

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It'd resolve the problem though.

part of it but it would need both parties to agree.  if I was in Leutwiler's boots and all this is true I'd be looking to get a loan out of the place as soon as possible.  Twice in my career I've made moves which I realised were mistakes very early in the piece and my focus was very much on rectifying the mistake by moving on.

13 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

And also let's not forget that in 3 games we have limited the opposition to a few shots on target. By them odds you would expect clean sheets if you had a half decent keeper who doesn't let in 90% of shots on target. Yet again not pierrgiannis fault. Even clarke was slow and didn't win every header and every tackle. But he had 1 or 2 around him and a half decent keeper

Yes, but theres no point carefully packing and bubble wrapping 90 massive boxes of precious glass if youre jus gona launch it off a cliff once youve done it is there?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

So my understanding is that Leutwiler has signed a 2 year deal which because of the transfer embargo should only have been for 1 year.

Is that correct?

Surely the EFL sanctioned it, in which case its the clubs fault for the current situation?

20 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

We need to accept that we are where we are and pierrgianni fits this division well

This acceptance of abject failure by a sizeable % of the remaining fans (i.e. those who still attend games) baffles me but it is, undoubtedly, one of the reasons that the regime still sits pretty. 

56 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No they haven't sanctioned it, that's the whole point.

So why was the 2 year deal announced when he signed, surely the club must have had the go ahead to make it public?

Who's the club Secretary, he should be able to explain?

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So why was the 2 year deal announced when he signed, surely the club must have had the go ahead to make it public?

Who's the club Secretary, he should be able to explain?

lt probably said at the bottom 'this transfer is subject to EFL ratification.'

Somebody will probably check and let us know..

Archived