MATCH: vs Bradford City (A) 14/08/2021

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Wow. DKD apart from the stupid last minute moment was decent. Everyone slagging Adams off for his delivery, you can’t deliver mail if an address doesn’t exist. We don’t have anyone in The box, just a flood of 10s and wingers.

Get a presence up top and Adams might find someone on the end of it. When you’re crossing to DKD you’ve got No chance.

Pierganni is the man people should look at today. Had fuck all to do, yet he was made to look a fool on the half way line and then committed an act of stupidity in the 95th minute. He’s an imposter, and non-league clobber at best.

What happens when you deliver, and they’ve moved house? 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Wow. DKD apart from the stupid last minute moment was decent. Everyone slagging Adams off for his delivery, you can’t deliver mail if an address doesn’t exist. We don’t have anyone in The box, just a flood of 10s and wingers.

Get a presence up top and Adams might find someone on the end of it. When you’re crossing to DKD you’ve got No chance.

Pierganni is the man people should look at today. Had fuck all to do, yet he was made to look a fool on the half way line and then committed an act of stupidity in the 95th minute. He’s an imposter, and non-league clobber at best.

Can’t agree. All of Adams crosses were awful too deep or too close to the keeper. He made a couple of awful decisions on the edge of the box too that he could have laid off and his only shot was embarrassing.  Had a very bad day.  Rightly dragged off.  DKD did nowt. First touch was poor all day. 

BP1960.

You are a footballing man.

Are you suggesting you don’t know why the first choice keeper is sat in the stands getting paid.

Read up on the embargo rules. You can only resolve the situation when you are in a position to come out of the embargo and the club is not.

4 minutes ago, Barryowen said:

BP1960.

You are a footballing man.

Are you suggesting you don’t know why the first choice keeper is sat in the stands getting paid.

Read up on the embargo rules. You can only resolve the situation when you are in a position to come out of the embargo and the club is not.

So why don't the club admit the mistake?

I look forward to your answer.

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can’t agree. All of Adams crosses were awful too deep or too close to the keeper. He made a couple of awful decisions on the edge of the box too that he could have laid off and his only shot was embarrassing.  Had a very bad day.  Rightly dragged off.  DKD did nowt. First touch was poor all day. 

Because he’s having to aim for players who aren’t there. Stick players who are consistently in the mixer and more often than not he will find them.

Aside from the last minute don’t understand the DKD criticism today, and I’ve been critical of him many times before.

Our problems are at the back, despite needing a ST.

Other than Clarke who I thought was decent today and Hart who is more of a LWB/LM, we have to deal with Pierganni and Jameson who are non league at best. 

That’s our BIGGEST problem.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He should have saved the penalty! any average keeper who dives the right way saves that!

And the 1st goal too! Terrible keeping, and people gave Lawlor stick!

Well personally thought we outplayed them, yet again a team gets the better of us because they have a little more upfront, we dominated that game for long periods but the frailties of last season are still obvious at the back, Pidge won the aerial duel but as soon as they started to turn him and get in behind he was fucked. Had a good day out just a shame we couldn't hold on to the point our play deserved. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We scored. 
Sounds like Hoppy had a good debut. 
We’re not bottom of the league. 
Hopefully KC is on the mend. 
I’m in Norfolk on holiday having my financial pants pulled down. (Sorry- drifted off there) 

AHA!

I don’t often post after match but given I’ve now got a nearly 2 hour train journey and I’m into double figures on the drinks front why not. 
Firstly to the absolute knobhead of a steward  who decided that his highlight of the day would be to make a 10 year old lad cry his eyes out, well done you succeeded. His tiny flag didn’t have the requisite fire certificate so you wouldn’t let him in. First class. I understand why Bradford may be more concerned about fire risk than most but grow a pair of bollocks and show some basic human empathy you cunt.

Secondly, and to use an oft used cliche if that had been a boxing match the ref would have called it off after about 65 minutes. We were miles better than them and it wasn’t even close. 2 ridiculous defensive howlers aside they were miles behind us in terms of technique, passing etc. 
We need something up front undoubtedly but if Hope and Dearnley manage 40 games between them we’re going to batter a lot of teams in this league. We’ve played 2 of the favourites and lost to 88th and 98th minute goals. I’m neither a happy clapper nor a doom and gloom merchant but the chances of this team getting relegated are as close to zero as it’s possible to be.

Cheer up lads. 

13 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I don’t often post after match but given I’ve now got a nearly 2 hour train journey and I’m into double figures on the drinks front why not. 
Firstly to the absolute knobhead of a steward  who decided that his highlight of the day would be to make a 10 year old lad cry his eyes out, well done you succeeded. His tiny flag didn’t have the requisite fire certificate so you wouldn’t let him in. First class. I understand why Bradford may be more concerned about fire risk than most but grow a pair of bollocks and show some basic human empathy you cunt.

Secondly, and to use an oft used cliche if that had been a boxing match the ref would have called it off after about 65 minutes. We were miles better than them and it wasn’t even close. 2 ridiculous defensive howlers aside they were miles behind us in terms of technique, passing etc. 
We need something up front undoubtedly but if Hope and Dearnley manage 40 games between them we’re going to batter a lot of teams in this league. We’ve played 2 of the favourites and lost to 88th and 98th minute goals. I’m neither a happy clapper nor a doom and gloom merchant but the chances of this team getting relegated are as close to zero as it’s possible to be.

Cheer up lads. 

Double figures , well done on the articulate post

Gutting that. Thought they probably edged it in terms of clear cut chances, but thought we looked the better team in possession and would probably have scored a couple more if we'd had an actual striker on the pitch for the majority of the game. 

Positives: plenty, I think. We look good in possession and once Hope or Dearnley are fit I think we'll be a real threat. Hart looks a really good signing, I really like Whelan now who is always looking to get on the ball and is great at nicking the ball back. Hope did really well for the goal and I think could be the foil up top we've been missing. Bahamboula (🥰) drifts a bit and can sometimes try too much, but he's capable of moments of genius as he showed again. Lastly its just so fucking good to be back isn't it? Cracking atmosphere in our end 

Negatives: Ive been on the piss for 3 days straight and desperately need a good night's sleep

After watching the highlights again I think we need a decent keeper, fucking hell they were two awful goals to concede, you'd be embarrassed, have a read of Bradford's forum they also couldn't believe how poor our keeper was and to quote he'd be getting slaughtered if he played for us, come to think of it in two league games I've seen he hasn't made a save has he? Get rid of him and play a striker and things could turn out alright this season.

Archived