• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Looking at that Latics team we had 2 full backs playing at centre back who to my recollection never played there before or after, so perhaps no surprise we conceded so many.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Looking at that Latics team we had 2 full backs playing at centre back who to my recollection never played there before or after, so perhaps no surprise we conceded so many.

Doesn't it just bring back those memories  -  there was something really special about the Johnstone, Lister, Frizzell years.

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Who came after McDowell Pete?

Gordon Hurst very briefly. Then Bates wanted a “name” so Jimmy McIlroy. Jack Rowley then returned before Frizzell as acting then permanent. Turned out ok didn’t  it? 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Gordon Hurst.  Not a name that means anything to me.  His successor, Jimmy McIlroy, was in the hot seat when I made my debut

From what I heard Jimmy McIlroy was far too nice to be a manager.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I plan to although as I would normally take my son I'd opt out if I thought there was a chance of toxicity

Away fans in a top tier family stand not behind one goal I think with a very good views of the pitch.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You might need to hit the bar more if we suffer a Bournemouth like defeat.😆

I wasn't a  local last tie we played there and travelled from London.  By getting off one stop early at Manningtree and getting the next train we made a useful saving n the fare.  Leaving the Manningtree station buffet was quite a  wrench on a cold night:

MANNINGTREE STATION BUFFET - Restaurant Reviews & Photos - Tripadvisor

Archived