MATCH: vs Exeter City (A) 13/11/21

Despite the late goal this manager has to go, he just won't change his beloved non working 3 centre backs, forcing Mcgahey to cover wide left is plain nonsensical.

The biggest threat up front was Piergianni late on.

Hope was awful, how many times have we said that?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

One goal doesn’t polish a turd - DKD does it once every few weeks

this side are going down 

My thoughts exactly, Performance went worse as the match went on and scoring a wordly changes nothing. Punts forward to players who can't get on the end of them and none of the units work well. Couto has been forced to play too many games and he is constantly out of position. Pidge is the only left footer of the centre backs but they would rather play McGahey there. Poor for poor one on one finishes Exeter could have been out of sight. Bambi started well but not much comes of it. A squad without redemption, especially in the final 3rd.

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I've not watched the game but the stats show that we had more possession and more shots than Exeter. Was it a genuine shocking performance or was it just a case of we didn't take chances and gave away soft goals.

More possession but no penetration with everything breaking down when it was fired toward Hope, Exater weren't much better but much stronger physically, that's what's the difference in most matches to me.

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I've not watched the game but the stats show that we had more possession and more shots than Exeter. Was it a genuine shocking performance or was it just a case of we didn't take chances and gave away soft goals.

The problem is we don't have a striker. Missed three good chances early on, but then conceded with their first chance and heads dropped.

We actually played alright, but we play badly?  We lose.  Play well? We lose also...but this is the best you'll get out of this squad.

We're fucked, but none of it's the managers doing..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

The problem is we don't have a striker. Missed three good chances early on, but then conceded with their first chance and heads dropped.

We actually played alright, but we play badly?  We lose.  Play well? We lose also...but this is the best you'll get out of this squad.

Come on. It's not all down to him. But come on.

Just now, JoeP said:

It's all his doing we are joint bottom of the league. His tactics are abysmal yet he never changes them or his favourite players no matter how poor they are. 

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Where to start?

The first fifteen minutes saw us on top creating two good chances but not taking either. Bahamboula was on his game and it augured well.

Then the inevitable happened - failing to stop the cross from the right and Piergianni slipping at the vital moment to allow Jay an easy finish.

From that point onwards we were outthought, outmuscled and outfought.

We spent long periods of the game failing to win the ball and, when we did, failing to keep the ball.

There were, once again, too many players not playing well - Hope and DKD the main culprits.

The second goal was comical with the ball bouncing off a retreating Couto into the path of Brown who could not miss.

Exeter squandered two other good chances to double their lead.

And then a wonder strike from Bowden gave us a chance which we failed to capitalise on. The free kick for the foul on Piergianni just outside the ‘D’ was woefully wasted.

Bringing on Stobbs, Hopcutt and Dearnley had little impact. 

Irrespective of the manager’s failings the players once again let themselves down. 

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Go on..

If you read my posts I would have signed signed strong fit players especially up front and in midfield, the reason we are losing is we are too lightweight and bullied in most games

Then it would be 4 at the back not the ridiculous lop sided 3 centre back and 2 deep midfielders tactic Curle insists on playing.

The players don't look comfortable with his formation, even when he had his best players  available.

He had the chance to sign the type of players required and failed to do so, putting his faith in Hope who he keeps telling us will score goals. Bahamboula is a wide man and wasted by Curle. He won't change so it's ironic he says if the players won't change he will change them.

The table does not lie.

29 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Thoroughly miserable experience that. Dreadful performance, dreadful tactics, and some absolute twats in the away end. I can't stand the owners, but there's absolutely no excuse for racism. Disgusting 

What was actually being said/chanted/shouted here because this needs stamping out we want shot of the owners but if racist chanting persists the media will get hold of this and we will lose any goodwill that we can get?

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Not play Hallam Hope as a lone striker. Not keep 3 centre halves on when we're 2 down. Not take our two best attacking players off when we're two down. Etc 

He only has one fit striker.

We have no "best" option in any position.

He should have stuck with the team that are losing 2-0??

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What was actually being said/chanted/shouted here because this needs stamping out we want shot of the owners but if racist chanting persists the media will get hold of this and we will lose any goodwill that we can get?

Chants about the owners being goat shaggers and paedos. Just abhorrent, and completely takes away from what we're trying to achieve by chanting for him out.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you read my posts I would have signed signed strong fit players especially up front and in midfield, the reason we are losing is we are too lightweight and bullied in most games

Then it would be 4 at the back not the ridiculous lop sided 3 centre back and 2 deep midfielders tactic Curle insists on playing.

The players don't look comfortable with his formation, even when he had his best players  available.

He had the chance to sign the type of players required and failed to do so, putting his faith in Hope who he keeps telling us will score goals. Bahamboula is a wide man and wasted by Curle. He won't change so it's ironic he says if the players won't change he will change them.

The table does not lie.

Didn't see too many dissenting voices when Hope signed. Would he have signed some of the ones we ended up without the budget restrictions? Doubtful. Tactically we knew what we were getting with Curle, his formation preference and style of play was widely known to anyone with a passing interest in lower league football.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The table does not lie.

Agree with the last line, but changing the manager isn't going to solve that.

Pool of players we can sign is limited by our funds and reputation.

The players don't look comfortable because they're not good enough.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on Bam but while entertaining his end product 9 times out of 10 is pretty woeful.  He scores a few.  Like the ball to much to be a provider..

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Chants about the owners being goat shaggers and paedos. Just abhorrent, and completely takes away from what we're trying to achieve by chanting for him out.

That doesn't sound the least bit racist to me. Please explain.

The players don't look comfortable because they're not, playing them out of position & playing a player who does score goals , actually he does nothing. Yet we had a player who scored 2 goals on Tuesday & had to sit his arse on the subs bench , why ? If he's scoring goals it surely warrants to be in line- up. Hope was supposedly a godsend according to Curle that is why he won't drop him , he can't admit when he's wrong . He needs to go , his record speaks for itself

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Agree with the last line, but changing the manager isn't going to solve that.

Pool of players we can sign is limited by our funds and reputation.

The players don't look comfortable because they're not good enough.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on Bam but while entertaining his end product 9 times out of 10 is pretty woeful.  He scores a few.  Like the ball to much to be a provider..

Bahamboula looks fed up of playing for Curle.

Curle keeps saying it will change when his best players come back, but it was as bad when they were available.

AL has lost interest so won't sack him, he will carry on regardless with tactics not even the players look like they are comfortable with.

He will have a transfer window to put it right, we will see then if he signs the hold up centre forward he should have signed in the first place.

1 minute ago, Craig barnes said:

The players don't look comfortable because they're not, playing them out of position & playing a player who does score goals , actually he does nothing. Yet we had a player who scored 2 goals on Tuesday & had to sit his arse on the subs bench , why ? If he's scoring goals it surely warrants to be in line- up. Hope was supposedly a godsend according to Curle that is why he won't drop him , he can't admit when he's wrong . He needs to go , his record speaks for itself

Because Dearnley is made of glass and he can't play 2 games a week he will just breakdown and get injured and be out for months. I don't remember him saying Hope was a godsend do you want to show me where he's said that?

Archived