MATCH: vs Exeter City (A) 13/11/21

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because Dearnley is made of glass and he can't play 2 games a week he will just breakdown and get injured and be out for months. I don't remember him saying Hope was a godsend do you want to show me where he's said that?

Dearnley may be made of glass but he can score goals. 

Playing him in a nothing cup game on tues night and then not playing him in a crucial league game is just pure stupidity.

25 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Chants about the owners being goat shaggers and paedos. Just abhorrent, and completely takes away from what we're trying to achieve by chanting for him out.

Ah so that’s what the first line was about. Calling our owner a paedo alone is probably very counter-productive, adding in chants about Arab / North African men shagging goats goes beyond that.

TBH I’m not surprised, it was always going to be one of those days when after the players had taken the knee someone shouted “Get up you spineless cun*s”.

I know Bin Man was found innocent, but the next time Abdallah says he’s been the victim of racist abuse I’m going to believe him, unless there’s decent evidence otherwise. (I think I thought it was quite likely when there was another claim a few weeks after the incident with Bin Man).

Racism has no place in society, football or Oldham Athletic, if you want to be a racist F off, and when you get there F off some more.

3 minutes ago, Craig barnes said:

Did he not say he tried everything to get  Hope here was hearing things ? He praised him so much because he worked with him at Carlisle . Maybe it's a different Kieth Curle ??? 

I don't know you tell me I don't remember him saying he's a "godsend"

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Didn't see too many dissenting voices when Hope signed. Would he have signed some of the ones we ended up without the budget restrictions? Doubtful. Tactically we knew what we were getting with Curle, his formation preference and style of play was widely known to anyone with a passing interest in lower league football.

So why didn't he sign the vitally needed hold up centre forward when he had the chance before the transfer deadline?

Very poor management.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So why didn't he sign the vitally needed hold up centre forward when he had the chance before the transfer deadline?

Very poor management.

Because we were under transfer restrictions you know this that's why we had to punt on that lad from Geordie Shore.

31 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah, I remember Corney having the same kind of chants directed at him. Of course it's fucking racist. It's the same tropes about middle Eastern folk as then shagging camels etc

Ah thanks for that. In my book, being racist is attacking/insulting somebody because of their race. In your book, being racist is attacking/insulting somebody who is not ethnic white british. Do I understand you correctly ?

25 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Ah so that’s what the first line was about. Calling our owner a paedo alone is probably very counter-productive, adding in chants about Arab / North African men shagging goats goes beyond that.

TBH I’m not surprised, it was always going to be one of those days when after the players had taken the knee someone shouted “Get up you spineless cun*s”.

I know Bin Man was found innocent, but the next time Abdallah says he’s been the victim of racist abuse I’m going to believe him, unless there’s decent evidence otherwise. (I think I thought it was quite likely when there was another claim a few weeks after the incident with Bin Man).

Racism has no place in society, football or Oldham Athletic, if you want to be a racist F off, and when you get there F off some more.

You may have heard this lad being told to shut the fuck up shortly after by someone...

8 minutes ago, redlion said:

Ah thanks for that. In my book, being racist is attacking/insulting somebody because of their race. In your book, being racist is attacking/insulting somebody who is not ethnic white british. Do I understand you correctly ?

I'd say calling our Owner a camel shagger is a racist slur as its making reference to his background. Calling him a c-unit or calling for him to leave the club isn't I suggest we stick to that.

6 minutes ago, redlion said:

Bovidaeliacs may or may not be an appropriate word. It may not even be a word, but it probably should be. 

Then the chants would at least have meaning, irespective of their validity.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Maybe there wasn't one willing to sign for 800 quid a week?

Whitby centre forward Hazel scored an hat trick today, that's 18 in his last 12 appearances.

200 goals in non league and still only 27yo.

Doubt if Hope could match that at any level.

42 minutes ago, Craig barnes said:

JoeP , do you write Curles post game excuses or what ? You say Bam only scores a few goals , a few more than Hope then ? 

Keith's blamed the owners, has he??  Not seen that.  Fair play..

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd say calling our Owner a camel shagger is a racist slur as its making reference to his background. Calling him a c-unit or calling for him to leave the club isn't I suggest we stick to that.

I think the actual words were "goat shagger" but nevermind. I don't see how making a reference to a camel is a problem anyway. Many people are linked to objects in their life/job/country etc. It is not racist. Perhaps you and a few others on here are what some of us class as wet snowflakes. Sorry, but in the circles that I move in, that's what you would be classed as.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, no, a thousand times no. 

Who manages the team then to have taken us to this illustrious position?

I'd bet my bottom dollar Dino wouldn't have done as bad, even with this lot.

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He will have a transfer window to put it right, we will see then if he signs the hold up centre forward he should have signed in the first place.

What, one who'll play for a tin of beans? 

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Whitby centre forward Hazel scored an hat trick today, that's 18 in his last 12 appearances.

200 goals in non league and still only 27yo.

Doubt if Hope could match that at any level.

And you think he'd give up whatever he does for a living to come here for £800pw?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Who manages the team then to have taken us to this illustrious position?

I'd bet my bottom dollar Dino wouldn't have done as bad, even with this lot.

Mo.  The owners.  They've imposed shite players on their managers through one relegation and now they've realised it doesn't work, they don't want to know and are now leaving Curle to turn the remains into something that can hopefully be the third least-shit team in the entire football league.

You think our current position is just down to what's gone on this season?

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What, one who'll play for a tin of beans? 

Plenty out there on lower money than we pay. I've made recommendations when scouting to several amateur players who made it to the top flight and the Championship, including Lee Trundle, Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor who played for Sunday league pub teams.

27yo Hazel at Whitby has scored 200 goals in non league,thats on a par with Vardy. 

Archived