Time to back Shez!

4 minutes ago, redlion said:

Well I'll be there on Saturday. If Shez can make the effort, it's the least I can do. It'll be my first visit since that shit show on the first

home game of the season. It was that bad I can't even remember who we played or the score. My self preservation system has

kicked in, erased it from my memory in order to preserve my insanity. 😁

Newport - 0-1

You're welcome :) 

Not sure what to make of Shez coming back.

If AL wanted to genuinely keep us up then we'd have appointed a real manager 5 games ago, and also had a plan (even if selling our best assets) to go into this window free of the embargo restrictions.  So why now?

The cynic in me thinks She offering his services up for free was a gift - no cost, quietens down the protests and negativity, potentially gets a bit more income through the door - but potentially doesn't mean we actually stand a chance (quite why AL would want to deliberately ruin us I don't know, but it appears to what he has been doing for a while now).

For me - head not heart says its too little, too late and we are too far gone and have too little quality to get out of this.  Heart t least hopes for some positivity - performances with passion, the odd result and fist pump and you never know.  I think we need circa 28-32 points from 21 games to realistically stay up....

2 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

This is how I take the situation ....... A former manager (I know 5 times) who this board have sacked more than once ... and more importantly saved us more than once during the last 10 years, publicly offers his service free of charge to the man ran him out of the club more than once in an effort to see his beloved Oldham stay in the football league. After a terrible performance and scoreline away at Harrogate town (ffs) he is announced that his offer has been accepted. For this to have happened and as quickly as it has some form of negotiation has taken place between the two parties that both parties are happy to announce. I have no idea what those negotiations were ... I have no idea if Mo will still medal.... I have no idea if he will be allowed any new players ... or who has been sold...What I do know is that time and time again JS has made substantial differences to mediocre players and made them fight. He may even play them in the correct positions and in a style they can appreciate and understand. Who knows !!!! but it isnt just another appointment is it ..... Im fairly sure AL would not have reached out to Shez ,,, would he ... even if so that is humble pie. I will get a ticket for Saturday and see for myself because suddenly I am interested in what happens over the next 5 or so days. 

The fat lady has not sang !!! Thats enough for me 

#shezonahattrick?

The only way Mo will ever medal is on a podium for Most Useless Sporting Director Of All Time.

Sorry, couldn't resist that. Nor can I probably resist the thought of doing battle with the M6 on Saturday to witness in person Shez's latest coming. It may be too little too late from 🤡 but what a story this is, we just may be in for a wild ride over the next few weeks.

In Shez we trust.

3 hours ago, Harry Taylor said:

Watched  my first match in 1947 aged 8 with my Dad and been a fan ever since. For years I was membership/travel secretary of the old supporters club. Sadly now not able to get to matches because cant manoeuvre the steps at the ground any more. But wish to say having seen many many managers and owners over the decades it was welcome news to see Shez back. It  I thought a drone would hold me still over the ground on match days I woild do it !!!!!!!!!!       Go for it Shez.

If you go on Saturday I'm sure there will more than plenty of latics fans willing to help you! I will carry you to a seat if need be! 

50 minutes ago, Warrington Blue said:

Keep the faith, get down there, the fight starts on Saturday 👍👍

As much as Shez is a legend and its a step in the right direction, its not enough for me until certain criteria has been met. I don't condone anyone for going though, we all make our own decisions. 

7 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

This is how I take the situation ....... A former manager (I know 5 times) who this board have sacked more than once ... and more importantly saved us more than once during the last 10 years, publicly offers his service free of charge to the man ran him out of the club more than once in an effort to see his beloved Oldham stay in the football league. After a terrible performance and scoreline away at Harrogate town (ffs) he is announced that his offer has been accepted. For this to have happened and as quickly as it has some form of negotiation has taken place between the two parties that both parties are happy to announce. I have no idea what those negotiations were ... I have no idea if Mo will still medal.... I have no idea if he will be allowed any new players ... or who has been sold...What I do know is that time and time again JS has made substantial differences to mediocre players and made them fight. He may even play them in the correct positions and in a style they can appreciate and understand. Who knows !!!! but it isnt just another appointment is it ..... Im fairly sure AL would not have reached out to Shez ,,, would he ... even if so that is humble pie. I will get a ticket for Saturday and see for myself because suddenly I am interested in what happens over the next 5 or so days. 

The fat lady has not sang !!! Thats enough for me 

#shezonahattrick?

When did this board sack Sheridan let alone more than once?

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

As much as Shez is a legend and its a step in the right direction, its not enough for me until certain criteria has been met. I don't condone anyone for going though, we all make our own decisions. 

Ps, I'll more than likely txt you on Saturday evening to say how shite it was 😂😂😂

It's time to back the club defo 100% abdondon the boycott we are bigger than that.

Nowt stopping us givin dalla n that dogs abuse either.

Chuck some dalla out chants in when the ball bounces into the car park and weve got a spare 40 seconds shouldn't harm anybody that matters.

Archived