Time to back Shez!

IMO we should be in whether or not…Shez has made the effort the least we can do is give him our full backing at the games.

No matter what happens over the next few weeks, hopefully, these 🤡🤡’s are not going to be here much longer.

Whether they pay the EFL loan off or not we have to try and stay in the football league somehow and if fully supporting Shez & the team is the only way we can help then so be it!

Their time here is all but finished and the job is almost done. A few good crowds at this stage won’t make much difference to them financially but could have a massive influence on our results.

If the worst happens and they are still here in May we can renew our protests next season, hopefully in the same division!!

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If supporting the team now is the right thing to do then was it not also the right thing to do in August? Dizzying amount of u-turns.

It's basic common sense to change views when circumstances change

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If supporting the team now is the right thing to do then was it not also the right thing to do in August? Dizzying amount of u-turns.

We look like Dicks if we don't turn up. We've been protesting under the headline 'sell the club' and 'get a proper manager' if we don't go now after they've said they're selling up and brought the manager we wanted then what are we protesting? Sheridan has come in on his own accord for next to nothin wages when he didn't have to just because he loves the club. Don't no about anyone else but I'm not gunna shove that back in shezs face and say thanks mate but all ur sacrifices aren't enough for me to come and support you. I'll be there

8 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

We look like Dicks if we don't turn up. We've been protesting under the headline 'sell the club' and 'get a proper manager' if we don't go now after they've said they're selling up and brought the manager we wanted then what are we protesting? Sheridan has come in on his own accord for next to nothin wages when he didn't have to just because he loves the club. Don't no about anyone else but I'm not gunna shove that back in shezs face and say thanks mate but all ur sacrifices aren't enough for me to come and support you. I'll be there

We had a proper manager in August. And I wouldn't get too carried away with the idea that Sheridan is doing it for love. But I get what you saying.

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's basic common sense to change views when circumstances change

Have circumstances changed? Fans insisted the boycott was about the owner, not the results. Last time I checked Abdallah was still the majority shareholder. The lads and manager have needed backing all season, so that’s nonsensical reasoning. 

I remember people getting upset at that Adam Morallee for suggesting that protests were over bad results. He was 100% right. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Have circumstances changed? Fans insisted the boycott was about the owner, not the results. Last time I checked Abdallah was still the majority shareholder. The lads and manager have needed backing all season, so that’s nonsensical reasoning. 

I remember people getting upset at that Adam Morallee for suggesting that protests were over bad results. He was 100% right. 

Of course they have changed.

It's quite simple if we have latics in our hearts (I do) then rain or shine I'm there supporting the players even though they may not be good enough but I still go and cheer them on and always gave almo rock all so please people just pack the park for possibly our final swansong in the league and if our mercurial manager pulls off the impossible I'm the first buying the drinks!!

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Of course they have changed.

How? The owner is still here.

Is Abdallah announcing his supposed intention to sell all that is needed to quash the protests? That’s pretty handy.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

How? The owner is still here.

Is Abdallah announcing his supposed intention to sell all that is needed to quash the protests? That’s pretty handy.

Well he's not going to say it's up for sale and a sale is completed the next day!  If you can't see getting Shez back as some sort of pride swallowing I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Of course bad results are a part of the problem but bad results have been a by product of this regime ever since they arrived. They were given plenty of grace and leeway and it’s taken 3 years of a downward spiral on and particularly off the pitch for fans to take action.

Due to fans pressure over the last few months thankfully they’ve indicated that they’re selling up which is a result the protests were trying to achieve from day one….you’d have to be a lunatic not to be ecstatic.
It’s almost job done now but we need to stay up if at all possible and bringing in Shez gives us the very best chance of staying in this division and being under new ownership next season.

That’s the only reason I’ll be returning to Boundary Park from next Saturday!

It wasn't just about the owner leaving, it was about wanting the owner to change his ways and run the club better - that was always going to be the quickest route to things improving. The problem was that never showed any signs of happening, so a sale seemed the only way for change to happen.

The owner has changed, potentially. He's said he'll listen to offers for the club and he's made a managerial appointment that fits with the short term need to stay up and is popular. I think that's quite a big thing for him.  Whenever anyone has been popular they've been pushed out... Clarke was never about him being too old, it was because he was too popular in the dressing room and with the fans. Byrne, Wheater, Murray and many others who've left have been too popular either with staff, players or fans.

I still want to see him back up his promise to improve the squad with Shez making the calls before I'm convinced he's properly changed though. And Mo remains a huge problem of course.

This is how I take the situation ....... A former manager (I know 5 times) who this board have sacked more than once ... and more importantly saved us more than once during the last 10 years, publicly offers his service free of charge to the man ran him out of the club more than once in an effort to see his beloved Oldham stay in the football league. After a terrible performance and scoreline away at Harrogate town (ffs) he is announced that his offer has been accepted. For this to have happened and as quickly as it has some form of negotiation has taken place between the two parties that both parties are happy to announce. I have no idea what those negotiations were ... I have no idea if Mo will still medal.... I have no idea if he will be allowed any new players ... or who has been sold...What I do know is that time and time again JS has made substantial differences to mediocre players and made them fight. He may even play them in the correct positions and in a style they can appreciate and understand. Who knows !!!! but it isnt just another appointment is it ..... Im fairly sure AL would not have reached out to Shez ,,, would he ... even if so that is humble pie. I will get a ticket for Saturday and see for myself because suddenly I am interested in what happens over the next 5 or so days. 

The fat lady has not sang !!! Thats enough for me 

#shezonahattrick?

1 hour ago, Bigtic1975 said:

It's quite simple if we have latics in our hearts (I do) then rain or shine I'm there supporting the players even though they may not be good enough but I still go and cheer them on and always gave almo rock all so please people just pack the park for possibly our final swansong in the league and if our mercurial manager pulls off the impossible I'm the first buying the drinks!!

Case of Wiehenstephaner Hefe Weissbier please

Well I'll be there on Saturday. If Shez can make the effort, it's the least I can do. It'll be my first visit since that shit show on the first

home game of the season. It was that bad I can't even remember who we played or the score. My self preservation system has

kicked in, erased it from my memory in order to preserve my insanity. 😁

Archived