BPAS PODCAST: 8th Aug '22, S3E1: Torquay Heads

34 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don’t hate it. I’d rather hear from someone who played/managed us tho. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I suppose there’s a lot to pack into the hour, and there’s a perverse enjoyment in hearing fellow fans berate the performance of players. It’s like being down the pub on a monday morning. Plus it’s lovely to get back to that, instead of talking about the constant shitstorm. 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I suppose there’s a lot to pack into the hour, and there’s a perverse enjoyment in hearing fellow fans berate the performance of players. It’s like being down the pub on a monday morning. Plus it’s lovely to get back to that, instead of talking about the constant shitstorm. 

13 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Although I do enjoy the podcast, I feel it would be better if there was the odd ex player Q and A in place of fan talking bollox bit. Is this a possibility ? Have you tried to get any on before ? I’m fairly new to it so appreciate I may have missed some prior ? 

We set our stall out early as a current affairs podcast. We've done countless interviews, but they're focussed primarily on the here and the now, not nostalgia. As time progresses and things settle down, maybe space will present itself for this. On the fan guest approach, we are a fan podcast, made by fans for fans, so we don't want to stop this. Listening to others views we also think is healthy and can bring us together, as it allows us to get to know each other better, esp folk on here who converse regularly in the written format, but have never met or heard each other speak.

35 minutes ago, BPAS said:

We set our stall out early as a current affairs podcast. We've done countless interviews, but they're focussed primarily on the here and the now, not nostalgia. As time progresses and things settle down, maybe space will present itself for this. On the fan guest approach, we are a fan podcast, made by fans for fans, so we don't want to stop this. Listening to others views we also think is healthy and can bring us together, as it allows us to get to know each other better, esp folk on here who converse regularly in the written format, but have never met or heard each other speak.

Like I said I do enjoy it, you do a great job. It was a genuine question. That’s a fair enough answer. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Like I said I do enjoy it, you do a great job. It was a genuine question. That’s a fair enough answer. Thanks. 

We appreciate the feedback. We’ve been working on new features for this season to lighten the mood, as we took onboard feedback that the tone was often too negative, even tho we think that simply reflected the circumstances at that time. Once we’ve had closure on all the outstanding topics, we’ll maybe find more time for the nostalgia.

31 minutes ago, BPAS said:

We appreciate the feedback. We’ve been working on new features for this season to lighten the mood, as we took onboard feedback that the tone was often too negative, even tho we think that simply reflected the circumstances at that time. Once we’ve had closure on all the outstanding topics, we’ll maybe find more time for the nostalgia.

Tbf Matt or Andy, the tone was only negative because we were losing every week and were owned by those divs...

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

I just wanna know what’s Neil adams favourite vegetable ffs 🙈🤣

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived