Signing & Player Rumours

30 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

The tactic would work if our 2 big strikers played like Desierve did for Halifax yesterday.  It just looked a different game when Desierve was challenging our defenders.  He did get away with a lot yesterday which I think had it been Fondop or Nuttall doing would have been a free kick everytime. 

Fair point, for them it did work can’t disagree. Don’t think either of our centre halves could deal with him yesterday and he did cause problems for sure. 

I don’t know enough about Nuttall other than the home games he has played for us, but not sure he is that type of player anyway? 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

I’ve no idea if they can create or not. 

Norman gets the ball, waves everyone forward and punts it to Fondop or Nuttall.  

Majority of the time centre half wins the header, we lose the second ball because we don’t press and possession is the back with opposition, rinse and repeat. 

Not a dig at Norman either, long ball seems to be the tactic, it’s shite to watch and isn’t working.  How often in a game do we string 5-passes together?  

Not having it that it’s down to ability, they are professional footballers we’ve played in theory lesser opponents with lesser players who don’t need to do that, so why do we? 

I always wonder why they don’t have one or two player on the other side and kick to them,When the other 18 are on the other side of the pitch or play a ball to half way line and pick it up. 

2 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Fair point, for them it did work can’t disagree. Don’t think either of our centre halves could deal with him yesterday and he did cause problems for sure. 

I don’t know enough about Nuttall other than the home games he has played for us, but not sure he is that type of player anyway? 

Nuttall was absolute crap yesterday.  I can't see what type of player he's supposed to be because he just looks like a passenger to me.  He may be a great finisher but we won't create chances for him if he can't hold the ball and bring others into play or control the headers when he actually manages to win one. 

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I always wonder why they don’t have one or two player on the other side and kick to them,When the other 18 are on the other side of the pitch or play a ball to half way line and pick it up. 

Tollitt went to do that yesterday and Unsworth shouted at him to get back into the massive group of players bunched up on one side. 

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Was he? I really don't rate him. Works hard, but he's crap.

3 in 7 including the Chesterfield game. He was the best player of a shite bunch before his lay off. Needs to be in a side that picks Chapman and Tollet out wide

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I think he means Hope should be in there ahead of one of those two. 

Quite. I'd play Chapman central and put Shelton at right back to allow us to drop J Clarke without having two elderly men at centre back.

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

As do I.

14 hours ago, latics22 said:

Modern coaching. Same reason that so many sides, even Premier League, bring every player back at corners.

Condense the play, block the space. Yawn 🥱 

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Modern coaching. Same reason that so many sides, even Premier League, bring every player back at corners.

Condense the play, block the space. Yawn 🥱 

Yes fucking tedious, particularly when you attempt it with non league players who average about half a dozen fuck ups a game each, then when you concede they don't have a clue because they were sent out to play for a 0-0....

What is all this 0-0 game shite that Unsworth spouts like it's some sort of fucking achievement, reminds me of the time Banide went up to Barrow looking for a 0-0 last season when Barrow hadn't scored or won for about 3 months.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes fucking tedious, particularly when you attempt it with non league players who average about half a dozen fuck ups a game each, then when you concede they don't have a clue because they were sent out to play for a 0-0....

What is all this 0-0 game shite that Unsworth spouts like it's some sort of fucking achievement, reminds me of the time Banide went up to Barrow looking for a 0-0 last season when Barrow hadn't scored or won for about 3 months.

Yet another misinterpretation that folk are trying to beat him up over.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yet another misinterpretation that folk are trying to beat him up over.

Not at all he gave the impression he was happy at 0-0 even though we got fucking battered in every department, he's said it several times in post match interviews so it must be something he sets out to do.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not at all he gave the impression he was happy at 0-0 even though we got fucking battered in every department, he's said it several times in post match interviews so it must be something he sets out to do.

Yep. The only thing more baffling than his tactics on Saturday were his post match comments again...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep. The only thing more baffling than his tactics on Saturday were his post match comments again...

The slick passing game on the Chapel Road training ground is obviously spoiled by the BP pitch condition.

18 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Was he? I really don't rate him. Works hard, but he's crap.

He produced more than any other attacking player in that period. He's an EFL player and one we need back if he can fit. Tollet and Chapman just don't add anything in a 442.

22 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Ah Hope. The guy that turns back on himself every time he receives the ball. He will suit the negativity Unsworth wants. 

22 hours ago, Shrek said:

Stand out player before the Chesterfield incident. Walks in ahead of any of the current wide men when fit.

I thought he was terrible last season but Shrek is correct - this season he was, somehow, our least worst player prior to getting twatted. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I thought he was terrible last season but Shrek is correct - this season he was, somehow, our least worst player prior to getting twatted. 

You just know you’re in the shit when you’re eagerly anticipating the return of Hallam Hope!!

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I condemn the language but appreciate the support young Harry.

18 hours ago, Shrek said:

Quite. I'd play Chapman central and put Shelton at right back to allow us to drop J Clarke without having two elderly men at centre back.

II would play Chapman in a Cheltenham XI and as far away from an Oldham one as possible. Never going to be anywhere near as good as our other Chapman's stools and is marginally better than our other Ellis.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You just know you’re in the shit when you’re eagerly anticipating the return of Hallam Hope!!

He was fairly crap on his initial return. Hopefully he'll not come back until he is fully ok.

Archived