Mike Fondop

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

If you’re on Twitter, drop them a message suggesting they find an alternative 

I am not. I shouldn't have to come up with a suggestion and if they can't find one then at least don't use this one. Monty's suggestion is decent enough and I did hear them sing it once.

I remember Placide's reaction once and I felt so sorry for him, and yet they continued to sing it!!! I sort of guess why some sing it because it is a catchy tune, (that's why the B***ard Rovers song gets dragged up) but I really hope the main people in the Athleticos either change the words or nip it in the bud when the song starts.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

If you’re on Twitter, drop them a message suggesting they find an alternative 

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

I am not. I shouldn't have to come up with a suggestion and if they can't find one then at least don't use this one.

I didn’t say that you had to come up with a suggestion, merely that you suggest that they find an alternative.

However it’s all moot if you’re not on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I didn’t say that you had to come up with a suggestion, merely that you suggest that they find an alternative.

However it’s all moot if you’re not on Twitter.

Yes, sorry about that. I mis-read it and realised as soon as I clicked send.

My thoughts are though that they should have enough decency themselves to realise it's wrong. Can you imagine we have won an important match (stay with me on this) and Fondop comes over with his baby in his arms, family pitch-side so pleased for him and they sing that!!! Not only that it's 8 year old kids belting out the song. Truly awful

5 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes, sorry about that. I mis-read it and realised as soon as I clicked send.

My thoughts are though that they should have enough decency themselves to realise it's wrong. Can you imagine we have won an important match (stay with me on this) and Fondop comes over with his baby in his arms, family pitch-side so pleased for him and they sing that!!! Not only that it's 8 year old kids belting out the song. Truly awful

The ones who are singing it are being part of the crowd, I'm not on twitter but the suggestion to send a message to the athleticos hashtag is a good one. 

19 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The ones who are singing it are being part of the crowd, I'm not on twitter but the suggestion to send a message to the athleticos hashtag is a good one. 

I hope someone does send a message, although the main people within the Athleticos are adults and if they can't see it for themselves then an anonymous person telling them may not change anything.

Also, I still would like someone to explain to me why this song has been used for Placide and now Fondop. There is a connection there that I can't quite put my finger on....

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

I hope someone does send a message, although the main people within the Athleticos are adults and if they can't see it for themselves then an anonymous person telling them may not change anything.

Also, I still would like someone to explain to me why this song has been used for Placide and now Fondop. There is a connection there that I can't quite put my finger on....

Could be wrong but wasn't Placide actually on Tinder and that's where the song came from? Assumed thete was logic to the original. Seems daft with Fondop if he's shacked up and got kids etc.

As shit as the Mvoto 'swings his cock...' song. 

6 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Could be wrong but wasn't Placide actually on Tinder and that's where the song came from? Assumed thete was logic to the original. Seems daft with Fondop if he's shacked up and got kids etc.

As shit as the Mvoto 'swings his cock...' song. 

if he was on tinder he still brought his wife and two kids to most of our matches.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

if he was on tinder he still brought his wife and two kids to most of our matches.

Fair enough. Must've just been nicked off someone else. Assume there was a story behind the original. 

A bit like the Baxter chant... Made no sense. 

I don't think he was on Tinder. I seem to remember it was song starting up at other clubs and we nicked it , but could be wrong with that.

I do know that Placide physically wilted when they sung it. He went from an extrovert on the pitch into his shell which then impacted on his performances. 

I didn't go on this forum at the time but was it ever mentioned on here?

13 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I don't think he was on Tinder. I seem to remember it was song starting up at other clubs and we nicked it , but could be wrong with that.

I do know that Placide physically wilted when they sung it. He went from an extrovert on the pitch into his shell which then impacted on his performances. 

I didn't go on this forum at the time but was it ever mentioned on here?

Think that was more to do with his mum (?) dying. He didn't lilke the song, but doubt it affected his performances.

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Think that was more to do with his mum (?) dying. He didn't lilke the song, but doubt it affected his performances.

Yes it was that as well and so when you are vulnerable , sensitive to anything negative and need support, how did the Latics fans help?

He was an extrovert , he made a save in a match, turned to the fans and then they started up this song and he just put his head down. He couldn't express himself in case they sung that song. It affected his performance

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes it was that as well and so when you are vulnerable , sensitive to anything negative and need support, how did the Latics fans help?

He was an extrovert , he made a save in a match, turned to the fans and then they started up this song and he just put his head down. He couldn't express himself in case they sung that song. It affected his performance

Can't  the club warn fans on the official website against personal chants such as this?

38 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

This is awful, must admit I didn't notice it at the time. I love the enthusiasm of the Athleticos, although I generally can't pick up the 'lyrics' of their songs, but if the Fondop song is what I think it is it really needs to stop. I believe the Athleticos are recognised by the club as a semi-official supporters group, so surely the club can do something to stop it?

3 hours ago, Only Blue said:

I was wondering where Graham from Jeremy Kyle's show had disappeared to, turns out he's now a regular poster on OWTB,s under the pseudonym of Only Blue.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I was wondering where Graham from Jeremy Kyle's show had disappeared to, turns out he's now a regular poster on OWTB,s under the pseudonym of Only Blue.

I have no idea who or what you are referring to, I assume it's some sort of dig.

If Graham was a pale, balding man who was concerned about inappropriate behaviour then yes that was me.

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You mean you are going to stand next to them @Monty Burns? I'm looking forward to the TikTok video after.

no l mean we can all just keep talking negatively about it on here, in the pub, at work, on sundays, on thursdays, at the match, at the kebab shop, at half time, with the kids, with Grandad, in the newsagents

ya get me?

Archived