MATCH: vs Altrincham (A) 25/10/22

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Heard some very poor things about him when he signed and I haven't seen anything to suggest those reports were wrong...

I'd heard similar, there was good reason he was available only weeks in to the season, Barrow couldn't get shut quick enough.

Not usually one to go to town on wanting to see different formations because, for example, 2 teams playing 352 can play it completely differently. However I do think a switch to a flat back 4 might give us a bit more. I kind of understand why unsworth has stuck with this (remember shez was playing it with this lot). If they're already (in theory) used to playing this way it should be easier to improve it. Also from the sounds of his interviews, the area they've been focusing in training is the defensive side of the game (in and out of possession) and it's likely the base formation used will be a 3/5 back. Changing formation now almost puts all that work in the bin. This lot are barely capable of learning how to play 1 formation nevermind 2.

I’ve seen two games all season, Chester away and last night. We’ve been outplayed in both.

Unsworth plays a back three/five because he knows the midfield gets walked through so thinks it’s a way to minimise our vulnerability.

I lost count of the number of times the midfielders were on the defenders toes with a big gap (where the Alty midfielders were) to Tollitt & Fondop.

The defenders sit too deep and therefore we can’t pressure the opposition, not that we’ve got the midfielders to do that anyway. 

Something is not right, Wellens was petrified when he came on, every pass was backwards to Okagbue.

Both games Vaughan has come on in an inside right position but we don’t keep the ball enough to use his strengths and therefore only see the obvious weaknesses.

The players are all on different wavelengths and there’s just no cohesion.

Unsworth didn’t say much at Chester, it was mainly Jeffers and last night was even worse! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’ve seen two games all season, Chester away and last night. We’ve been outplayed in both.

Unsworth plays a back three/five because he knows the midfield gets walked through so thinks it’s a way to minimise our vulnerability.

I lost count of the number of times the midfielders were on the defenders toes with a big gap (where the Alty midfielders were) to Tollitt & Fondop.

The defenders sit too deep and therefore we can’t pressure the opposition, not that we’ve got the midfielders to do that anyway. 

Something is not right, Wellens was petrified when he came on, every pass was backwards to Okagbue.

Both games Vaughan has come on in an inside right position but we don’t keep the ball enough to use his strengths and therefore only see the obvious weaknesses.

The players are all on different wavelengths and there’s just no cohesion.

Unsworth didn’t say much at Chester, it was mainly Jeffers and last night was even worse! 

some players are scared of the fans