MATCH: vs Altrincham (A) 25/10/22

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The concede 4 against Torquay and we play one up front? Get ur coat unsworth!

When I watched them in training it was 5 defenders together in drills, he's not going to change that if it's what he always works on.

Edited by BP1960

Big shout from me but that performance stunk tonight and I'd go as far as to say Unsworth has lost the dressing room, watched us for near on 40 years and that was as gutless as I've seen from any team home or away. Went for a 0-0 set up for a 0-0 and we were lucky not to concede 4, wouldn't of scored if we were still playing till Friday afternoon.

Called Unsworth out as Billy bullshitter weeks ago and I still stick by it 7 2 1 again tonight and not fucking good enough, were going to get beat in this league but to perform like that in a local derby is embarrassing and criminal, I'd have the players in three times a day for the rest of the week because they are taking the piss out of the fans who are travelling. 

How can Altrincham knock it about at will and we don't put a glove on them yet our lads can't even muster up a positive forward pass, they had a 600 mile round trip Saturday in the late kick off but were bright and first to every ball, something needs to change urgently because something within the club is badly wrong, whether that's the manager I don't know but we can't continue like this the lot of them including the expensively assembled coaching set up can get in the bin the useless wankers.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Big shout from me but that performance stunk tonight and I'd go as far as to say Unsworth has lost the dressing room, watched us for near on 40 years and that was as gutless as I've seen from any team home or away. Went for a 0-0 set up for a 0-0 and we were lucky not to concede 4, wouldn't of scored if we were still playing till Friday afternoon.

Called Unsworth out as Billy bullshitter weeks ago and I still stick by it 7 3 1 again tonight and not fucking good enough, were going to get beat in this league but to perform like that in a local derby is embarrassing and criminal, I'd have the players in three times a day for the rest of the week because they are taking the piss out of the fans who are travelling. 

How can Altrincham knock it about at will and we don't put a glove on them yet our lads can't even muster up a positive forward pass, they had a 600 mile round trip Saturday in the late kick off but were bright and first to every ball, something needs to change urgently because something within the club is badly wrong, whether that's the manager I don't know but we can't continue like this the lot of them including the expensively assembled coaching set up can get in the bin the useless wankers.

Strikes me as many lack willpower and determination as well as fitness, DU knows who they are, pay them all up and start again.

Unsworth carrying the can for that tonight. Team is ok not bottom 4 material. Not even close to getting best out of them. Don’t see how we will score. Can accept his record if there is progress, if he’s unlucky and individual errors cost us, but there is no progress and they sit back inviting pressure. It’s only a matter of time like tonight until oppo get a break and shot on goal. He plays no width yet has a target man who needs crosses. His target man struggles to control it yet is left isolated and we have no one gambling on a flick. There are no options when we get ball apart from hit it long as everyone is on edge of own box. His team doesn’t press or attempt to close down is opposite half. As much as it hurts I can take setting up not lose at alty but when u go 1-0 down with 15 to go u have to change it. He’s inflexible has no track record of success and now has a fucking awful return against some do the worst teams in the league. He gets 3 more league games for me. 3 points and some progress or he needs to be fired.  I don’t think he has a clue for this level of football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Called Unsworth out as Billy bullshitter weeks ago and I still stick by it 7 3 1 again tonight and not fucking good enough, were going to get beat in this league but to perform like that in a local derby is embarrassing and criminal, I'd have the players in three times a day for the rest of the week because they are taking the piss out of the fans who are travelling. 

Totally agree. Just posted an almost similar rant and hadn’t seen this. His tactics give them no chance to get up field. Chronic I think he’s a fraud as well, although hope I’m proved wrong 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Unsworth carrying the can for that tonight. Team is ok not bottom 4 material. Not even close to getting best out of them. Don’t see how we will score. Can accept his record if there is progress, if he’s unlucky and individual errors cost us, but there is no progress and they sit back inviting pressure. It’s only a matter of time like tonight until oppo get a break and shot on goal. He plays no width yet has a target man who needs crosses. His target man struggles to control it yet is left isolated and we have no one gambling on a flick. There are no options when we get ball apart from hit it long as everyone is on edge of own box. His team doesn’t press or attempt to close down is opposite half. As much as it hurts I can take setting up not lose at alty but when u go 1-0 down with 15 to go u have to change it. He’s inflexible has no track record of success and now has a fucking awful return against some do the worst teams in the league. He gets 3 more league games for me. 3 points and some progress or he needs to be fired.  I don’t think he has a clue for this level of football. 

I think you’re all talking bollocks personally…football is football, if the players are shite, they are shite!

This fixation with 5 at the back actually doesn't help defensively as if teams play 442 against us they over load us down the flanks which has happened a few times already.  We desperately need width and to get balls in the box as Fondop will score with proper service. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I think you’re all talking bollocks personally…football is football, if the players are shite, they are shite!

How did Shez seemingly get more out of them then?

Unsworth is tactically inept and that's being generous, Couto for Gardner Saturday sums him up, even tonight 1-0 down he brings on a midfielder and you think great until he then asks Sheron (who was fucking dreadful tonight by the way) to slot in to the back seven. 

Fucking embarrassing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Do you think this formation is getting the best out of them? 

Genuine question. 

Unsworth sat down in silence for the entirety of that game in the dug out, and so did his coaching staff for the majority. Very strange I found. That was totally unacceptable even by our standards tonight. The fanbase simply haven’t taken to Unsworth it seems to me, I know results and performances dictate that but it just seems very uneasy towards him, and him towards us in fairness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Unsworth sat down in silence for the entirety of that game in the dug out, and so did his coaching staff for the majority. Very strange I found. That was totally unacceptable even by our standards tonight. The fanbase simply haven’t taken to Unsworth it seems to me, I know results and performances dictate that but it just seems very uneasy towards him, and him towards us in fairness.

Notts County scored 6 away with 10 men for almost half an hour. Thats the sort of team and manager fans want.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He can only play players in the squad and this squad is absolutely abysmal.

Formations and tactics are totally irrelevant!!!

Sorry but I can't agree.

There's enough attacking players available who we could play off Fondop and be more of a threat.  At the moment we seem to be playing Tollitt off him for 60 minutes and no one else.

We are setting up in a way that invites teams onto us and hope for a 0-0.  We shouldn't be doing that at all against bottom half National League teams even with the poor squad we have.  Unsworth is responsible for tonight's defeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Notts County scored 6 away with 10 men for almost half an hour. Thats the sort of team and manager fans want.

And how long has it taken them to get there….it’s about time you all took a reality pill!!!

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Because we are sick to death of fucking frauds coming in to the club and taking the piss, can't blame Abdallah anymore so whose fault is it? You could hear a fucking pin drop in that away end for the last hour.

Is it the board?, is it the management team?, is it the players?, is it the fans?, who knows but one things for sure something's wrong and it needs addressing because we'll soon be down to 3000 fans watching that fucking tripe. We need some players in and sharpish before this turns toxic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How did Shez seemingly get more out of them then?

Unsworth is tactically inept and that's being generous, Couto for Gardner Saturday sums him up, even tonight 1-0 down he brings on a midfielder and you think great until he then asks Sheron (who was fucking dreadful tonight by the way) to slot in to the back seven. 

Fucking embarrassing.

Because Shez is a better manager, especially for Oldham Athletic.  Should have employed him a staff.

At least the players aren't getting bollocked.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Because we are sick to death of fucking frauds coming in to the club and taking the piss, can't blame Abdallah anymore so whose fault is it? You could hear a fucking pin drop in that away end for the last hour.

Is it the board?, is it the management team?, is it the players?, is it the fans?, who knows but one things for sure something's wrong and it needs addressing because we'll soon be down to 3000 fans watching that fucking tripe. We need some players in and sharpish before this turns toxic.

It's not the board.

They've just made an early, expensive mistake which I think they will learn from.

All the infrastructure stuff sounds brilliant, but they might have to act quickly and at a cost, if they're to get the right people in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

The minute i walked into the ground tonight it felt subdued. 
ive been watching us for 40 years and this is the worst team I’ve seen in a Latics shirt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It was toxic at FT! Players were told were to go, and DU wasn’t anywhere to be seen. 
I’ve said this numerous times now, but we’ve blown a massive opportunity with the feel good factor at the beginning of the season and 8k+ home fans. Thats gone now, and I agree, we’ll be back to 3000 very soon, and then next season a big reduction in ST holders once more. 

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

he’s obviously happy with no press, sat deep playing for 0-0 or he’d be out waiving them forward. But it is odd as an ex Eng player with good experience that he isn’t up coaching them through the game shouting instructions