Unsworth

24 minutes ago, Shrek said:

He needs to go for it. Instill confidence by encouraging them to attack. For me best side for Tuesday is:

Norman 
Shelton
Yarney
Hogan 
Kitchen
Rooney
Chapman
Sheron
Tollet
Timmy
Nutall 

Yes I've including the god awful Tollet but we've no other options wide unless Hope is back.

Tollitt has been bad since he got his new contract but I agree with you Andy -we have nobody else. Reckon he'll bring Clarke back in and shift Yarney to full back...

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Don't think you can start a run of four home games with two defeats, things will just get silly.

The whole thing just seems joyless for everybody at the moment, you can't just let that carry on.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No manager will do better with this squad, it isn't made of the right stuff.

😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It looks plain to see that Unsworth’s going nowhere.

Before yesterday I thought very slowly improving, and that this would continue for the rest of the season, and although it wouldn’t be pretty we would finish mid table, well away from danger. The crunch would come in pre season, where we had a Ronnie Moore situation with season ticket sales well down as no one could stand the manager.

After that yesterday I’ve lost hope of mid table mediocrity and I’m dreading next season already.

I think you’re right, he’s going nowhere, but the same can’t be said about the fans if this dross continues 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There isn't a manager available to us who would have improved the points tally significantly. If you know of one then give the Rothers a call and let them know who it is.

I reckon anyone from this messageboard would have given us a better points return from the last 23 matches...

• Like 1

There isn't a manager available to us who would have improved the points tally significantly. If you know of one then give the Rothers a call and let them know who it is.

You don’t actually believe that surely?

19 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It looks plain to see that Unsworth’s going nowhere.

Before yesterday I thought very slowly improving, and that this would continue for the rest of the season, and although it wouldn’t be pretty we would finish mid table, well away from danger. The crunch would come in pre season, where we had a Ronnie Moore situation with season ticket sales well down as no one could stand the manager.

After that yesterday I’ve lost hope of mid table mediocrity and I’m dreading next season already.

Agree 100% Steve, thought we were making baby steps but all optimism gone now. At least 4 home performances as bad as yesterday and in every game we have looked like we  have fewer players on the pitch than any opposition , no matter how talented they may have been.  We are the worst team in or out of possession I have seen this season and its not beyond possibility we may go down again.

• Like 3

How many of our players improve the teams at the top end of the table? If you can name more than 2 I'll be surprised.

Bar the 2 outstanding sides we have players who wouldn't look out of place. Kitchen, Norman, Nutall being the main 3. Hogan was a leading player in the league last season and Rooney has dominanted this league for many years. Hope is better than this level.

We've got a good group, just lacking key elements and a manager who has the confidence to go at teams

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Ok, that’s not acceptable. 

But it’s not the same as get out of our fucking club, or it’s not good enough. 

Love this boys. 😂

Prior to yesterday, we lost 1 in 6- and you were all quick to tell us. 

Now we need to ditch the formation that has given him his best run of results. . okaaay. 

You’re as fickle as the rest of us. 😁

Just pointing out 442 isn't a wonder formation that guarantees wins despite what half the people over 50 think because "back in the good old days"

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

How many of our players improve the teams at the top end of the table? If you can name more than 2 I'll be surprised.

Oooh, that’s a toughie. 

Kitching - won promotion 

Hogan- won promotion

Rooney won Promotion and player of the season. 

Shelton won Promotion 

Chapman won promotion 

Nuttall

Fondop

Norman

Both Clarke’s 

Abraham 

Have played nearly all their career in league football. 

But other than the starting 11 either winning promotion or playing a division/s higher I’m sure they couldn’t catch at sides at the top of table. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just pointing out 442 isn't a wonder formation that guarantees wins despite what half the people over 50 think because "back in the good old days"

I agree fluff- I’ve always said I’m not wedded to it. But it’s the only formation we’ve done anything with - and seeing as though the manager is untouchable and I want to win games, it looks like it’s here to stay. 

If a new manager could get his ideas across in a different formation - that wins games, I’d ditch it tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oooh, that’s a toughie. 

Kitching - won promotion 

Hogan- won promotion

Rooney won Promotion and player of the season. 

Shelton won Promotion 

Chapman won promotion 

Nuttall

Fondop

Norman

Both Clarke’s 

Abraham 

Have played nearly all their career in league football. 

But other than the starting 11 either winning promotion or playing a division/s higher I’m sure they couldn’t catch at sides at the top of table. 

Winning promotion doesn't necessarily make you a good player individually, as we seeing play out on a weekly basis with this lot...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The remit for this season has been to stay in the division. We are not in the bottom 4 and still have multiple games in hand on our rivals...

People always look on games in hand as a positive, but if we lose our game in hand over Gateshead on Tuesday, they’ll actually go above us and we’ll be back in the bottom four.

in our case games in hand could turn out to be a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Yeah, we must just sign all the passengers who play 40 odd games but don’t contribute. 

So all these good players with good characters who have won all these promotions are all consistently underperforming at the same time and that's all down to the manager and his tactics? You'd think one or two might have been able to rise above it all given they are so good...

Edited by deyres42

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So all these good players with good characters who have won all these promotions are all consistently underperforming at the same time and that's all down to the manager and his tactics? You'd think one or two might have been able to rise above it all given they are so good...

Spot on!