Positive Mental Attitude

If all fans can get fully behind the side in the next 2 games we'll be safe IMO with 2 wins.

The players came out 2nd half and gave it plenty. No point in turning up ready to boo etc or even contemplating wanting a defeat so the manager changes.

One win and the shift in mentality on here and social media is noticeable. 

Unsworth's mentioned the players being worried. It's vital the supporters are 100% behind them throughout the game. If they deserve stick at full time, get stuck in. Plenty of talent in the side for the level, it may be the mentality that's the issue, the pressure put on them by playing for us and not a stockport or Fylde.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Shrek said:

If all fans can get fully behind the side in the next 2 games we'll be safe IMO with 2 wins.

The players came out 2nd half and gave it plenty. No point in turning up ready to boo etc or even contemplating wanting a defeat so the manager changes.

Unsworth's mentioned the players being worried. It's vital the supporters are 100% behind them throughout the game. If they deserve stick at full time, get stuck in. Plenty of talent in the side for the level, it may be the mentality that's the issue, the pressure put on them by playing for us and not a stockport or Fylde.

You've changed, Andrew...

58 minutes ago, Shrek said:

It's a football forum, fans will bitch and have differing opinions now I've just gone through some of your posts and like most of us you have your opinion, Peter Clarke has come in for some right stick in particular from you so it's a bit fucking rich being preaching and patronising.

Anyway we'll be just fine if the players put a shift in, last night proved that and a different approach second half helped reap the rewards, nobodies arsed if a player makes a mistake or we get beat off a better team, what is inexcusable is for a player to not turn up which is what happens on occasions so whilst I agree with part of what you are saying I'm not having it that fans should wait till full time to voice their displeasure, do you think clapping them off like heroes at half time last night would of had the desired effect because I don't. 

Now I get that this is for some but not most players a big move but we are no bigger in terms of following than the likes of Stockport and Tranmere who some of these players have turned out for, there will be 10k plus in BP every week if we are ever half decent again, we take thousands away even though we are shit so they know what they are getting in for, if they don't like that backing I'd suggest they are probably at the wrong club, top end sport is demanding if we are putting a team out there to compete they are going to be shot at and shrinking violets have no need apply.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a football forum, fans will bitch and have differing opinions now I've just gone through some of your posts and like most of us you have your opinion, Peter Clarke has come in for some right stick in particular from you so it's a bit fucking rich being preaching and patronising.

Anyway we'll be just fine if the players put a shift in, last night proved that and a different approach second half helped reap the rewards, nobodies arsed if a player makes a mistake or we get beat off a better team, what is inexcusable is for a player to not turn up which is what happens on occasions so whilst I agree with part of what you are saying I'm not having it that fans should wait till full time to voice their displeasure, do you think clapping them off like heroes at half time last night would of had the desired effect because I don't. 

Now I get that this is for some but not most players a big move but we are no bigger in terms of following than the likes of Stockport and Tranmere who some of these players have turned out for, there will be 10k plus in BP every week if we are ever half decent again, we take thousands away even though we are shit so they know what they are getting in for, if they don't like that backing I'd suggest they are probably at the wrong club, top end sport is demanding if we are putting a team out there to compete they are going to be shot at and shrinking violets have no need apply.

Language please. 

At the games I am talking about. I'd fully support any player on the field. Seeing too much excitement about 'toxic' atmospheres etc. Last night could have gone south but the players stuck at it as did most of the fans. We need more of that at the games.

The Internet is the Internet, irrelevant at 3pm on a Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

The fact they played better yesterday despite being booed off at half time and booed back on for the 2nd half somewhat undermines your argument, no? It's on the players, manager and coaches to deliver results, not the fans.

34 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The fact they played better yesterday despite being booed off at half time and booed back on for the 2nd half somewhat undermines your argument, no? It's on the players, manager and coaches to deliver results, not the fans.

Vocal minority doing the booing.

As I said the players stepped up. Encouragement over discouragement usually helps individuals.

If the fans are waiting for an opposition goal or a mistake to abuse or pounce on certain players that's not helpful. We've clearly got players who are mindful of making mistakes listening to Unsworth's interview.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

As I said the players stepped up. Encouragement over discouragement usually helps individuals.

If the fans are waiting for an opposition goal or a mistake to abuse or pounce on certain players that's not helpful. We've clearly got players who are mindful of making mistakes listening to Unsworth's interview.

Unsworth talks shite, he's doing and saying everything he can to get the players on side as he knows he's fucked without them, he's gone full circle from digging then out to bigging them up. I get that he's not as thick as he comes across and has probably worked out what he needs to do.

I don't see fans waiting to abuse they generally react to what they see and let's not beat about the Bush it's been piss poor, as I've said previously mistakes will happen, we'll even get outplayed but effort and desire should be a bare minimum, first half yesterday only a few of them turned up and they were rightly/wrongly booed off, second half they were all at it which begs the question why have we witnessed so many insipid performances this season, that's not the fans fault at all.

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

Nah, that bollocks. 

You’re talking about a no booing utopia, where fans don’t mind when players don’t compete or look at it. 

The notion that any fans, of any club will clap and encourage lack of effort and inability to compete is for the birds. 

The fans reflect what is happening on the pitch, and it gets worse when they see the same type of performance most weeks. 

Fans boo insipid first half. 

Fans cheer competitive second half. 

It was ever thus. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nah, that bollocks. 

You’re talking about a no booing utopia, where fans don’t mind when players don’t compete or look at it. 

The notion that any fans, of any club will clap and encourage lack of effort and inability to compete is for the birds. 

The fans reflect what is happening on the pitch, and it gets worse when they see the same type of performance most weeks. 

It was ever thus. 

Encouraging their side to get back into the game happens in grounds all over the country.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nah, that bollocks. 

It was ever thus. 

You rarely, if ever, hear Liverpool or Man Utd supporters booing the team. Clubs with class. If you are unhappy with what you are seeing then sit quietly or leave the stadium.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unsworth talks shite, he's doing and saying everything he can to get the players on side as he knows he's fucked without them, he's gone full circle from digging then out to bigging them up. I get that he's not as thick as he comes across and has probably worked out what he needs to do.

I don't see fans waiting to abuse they generally react to what they see and let's not beat about the Bush it's been piss poor, as I've said previously mistakes will happen, we'll even get outplayed but effort and desire should be a bare minimum, first half yesterday only a few of them turned up and they were rightly/wrongly booed off, second half they were all at it which begs the question why have we witnessed so many insipid performances this season, that's not the fans fault at all.

There are fans openly hoping we lose games. Fans booing 10 mins in, it's self defeating. 

Just now, deyres42 said:

You rarely, if ever, hear Liverpool or Man Utd supporters booing the team. Clubs with class. If you are unhappy with what you are seeing then sit quietly or leave the stadium.

Top class players are in the Premiership for a reason, they add determination to their skills, at lower levels many players have one or the other.

5 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Encouraging their side to get back into the game happens in grounds all over the country.

Yep- and they are generally called happy clappers, and I would defend their right to see the positive at all times. In the same way I’m defending people being able to vent their frustration by booing. 

I personally don’t boo or encourage shite. I sit muttering to myself, but that’s me and everyone is different. The idea we should have a collective mindset to how we react and respond to a game is absolute nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why is that?

Perhaps some are absolutely sick of starting the game in the same piss poor manner they’ve seen 500 times before. 

We are renowned now as a fanbase that turns on the team quickly, opposition managers and commentators often make reference to it, it isn't a tag you should want but some of our fans seem to almost relish it.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We are renowned now as a fanbase that turns on the team quickly, opposition managers and commentators often make reference to it, it isn't a tag you should want but some of our fans seem to almost relish it.

According to you, and people you’ve made up in your head. 

Attacking your own fans at every opportunity isn’t a tag you should want, but you seem to relish it. 

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Go on then, name your renowned sources.

Booing at half time last night was utterly moronic. We were v unlucky to be 1 down and performance was just about ok.

OK "just about ok" is a low bar, but booing should be saved for abject performances (if you are childish enough to actually feel the need to boo 🙄)

49 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Liverpool fans booed a player for having the audacity to complain about racism not that long ago. Class indeed.

Archived