Positive Mental Attitude

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aren’t we the opposite?

Entitled to me- would be fans saying we used to be in Premier league, I’m not watching non league! 

But we don’t, we still turn up in our thousands. I’d say we have the most resilient fans in the country. 

I've worded that badly, it should've read we're more entitled than most fans to voice our displeasure after decades of absolute toss. We're absolutely not entitled in the other sense, I think most Latics fans now would be happy with us just stringing a few wins together

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of booing. Some people do it and some people don't. I thought the booing at Half Time was justified. However, I'm not going to start slagging people off for not booing. It's really not big of an issue that some people are making out. Get over it. 🤣

12 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of booing. Some people do it and some people don't. I thought the booing at Half Time was justified. However, I'm not going to start slagging people off for not booing. It's really not big of an issue that some people are making out. Get over it. 🤣

Oh, well that's that then...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Oh, well that's that then...

You can carry on talking about booing. People are making out as if that's all we do. The Athleticos are there every home game supporting and cheering on the side, yet people make out as if the fans are constantly booing the side. People have different ways of expressing dissatisfaction. I don't see why it's such a problem. 

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Many flocked to watch us in the pinch me years then dropped out the lower we fell.

It's the same at any club, however some faithful will go for decades come rain or shine.

To be fair plenty from that era are no longer with us! - and every club needs new and younger fans to come on board.  It's remarkable that anyone under the age of about 35 is bothered

11 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

You can carry on talking about booing. People are making out as if that's all we do. The Athleticos are there every home game supporting and cheering on the side, yet people make out as if the fans are constantly booing the side. People have different ways of expressing dissatisfaction. I don't see why it's such a problem. 

Everyone's entitled to boo if they wish (I don't) but it was a bit ironic at halftime on Tuesday because they'd not played that bad.

It's more effective when it's in context.

16 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yeah, they don't though.

Pretty sure United were booed off when they were walloped by Brentford not all that long ago. I especially remember the stick they got as a team and Giggs in particular in the 1994 Wembley FA Cup semi final from United fans behind where I was sitting before Hughes scored.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I've worded that badly, it should've read we're more entitled than most fans to voice our displeasure after decades of absolute toss. We're absolutely not entitled in the other sense, I think most Latics fans now would be happy with us just stringing a few wins together

👍🏻

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Pretty sure United were booed off when they were walloped by Brentford not all that long ago. I especially remember the stick they got as a team and Giggs in particular in the 1994 Wembley FA Cup semi final from United fans behind where I was sitting before Hughes scored.

article-2321254-19A5975D000005DC-975_308

6 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

How do you feel about Unsworth waving?

I agree with sentiment of the opening post.

But actually, I feel like the home crowds have been really quite patient this season.

I remember in previous seasons (talking a few years ago, drifted away from being into football during the Lemsagam years), just a misplaced pass would get instant mass jeers of derision.

Now it feels like there's an acceptance that we're at a level where that's just gonna happen a lot, and there's no real crowd reaction 

Then there's (usually) a decent amount of constant positive noise coming from the home end, and it all adds up to what I feel is a decent environment to play in.

Yes, Halifax was a bit ugly, but then a lot of ire was also directed at the referee, and we were really shite.

Maybe it's because I've not been a regular for a while until now, but that's how it feels to me.

Theres the ingredients for it to be one of the best places to watch football in if we start getting things more right than wrong in the pitch.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, TheBigDog said:

“Not waving but drowning”

Booing.

Always music to our ears when the other team's fans start up slagging their own side.     Back in the day we called them Sidestand Moaners.

To continue the classy theme, Voltaire said:   ‘POUR ENCOURAGER LES AUTRES’.    As we all know from our history lessons, he was taking the piss when the British shot their own Admiral, for putting up a poor show against the French.

https://wordhistories.net/2016/10/22/pour-encourager-les-autres/

Archived