MATCH: Chesterfield (A) 25/02/23

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t disagree.

But how many times have we said similar, and nothing happens. He’s going nowhere. 

You’re probably right, I’d like to think at some point we start winning consistently under DU. But we are still in a worse position than when he arrived months ago, not even managed mid table. 

All the stars are aligned for this one. Chesterfield on a bad run, Latics might be arsed to turn up, a sizeable crowd and the Unsworth masterplan of shit tactics and motivation. 

Dreading the scoreline and the inevitable slide back towards the relegation zone. 

What should be a thing of enjoyment has been turned into a weekly torture session. 

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

You’re probably right, I’d like to think at some point we start winning consistently under DU. But we are still in a worse position than when he arrived months ago, not even managed mid table. 

I know. 

I’ve stopped trying to figure out what the board are seeing- because while results have picked up, the performances are still very poor. It can be only be the cost of getting rid, which must be relatively big. 

Another point worth mentioning is this ugly football thing. I’ve reflected on this and Unsworth doesn’t even play ugly football. Phil Parkinson does ugly football very well- (Compact/tough tackling/lump up to two strikers) and I don’t mind that as long as you win. But Unsworth isn’t even doing this- we don’t compete, we don’t win battles, we don’t dominate. 

16 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Have we sold 1200? 

Only 40 left at 2.00pm so pretty much sold the initial allocation. On the official Twitter it says there will be a limited amount of extra tickets available from their ticket office.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That’s a brilliant effort considering our league position and the constant shite being churned out…..if we don’t perform I’m thinking it’s going to be toxic and maybe something that Frank and his board are not going to enjoy and will not be able to ignore!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s a brilliant effort considering our league position and the constant shite being churned out…..if we don’t perform I’m thinking it’s going to be toxic and maybe something that Frank and his board are not going to enjoy and will not be able to ignore!

Or is it just the first relatively local away game in ages...?

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, there’s only about 4 local ish always all season. I did consider going myself, but then realised I needed to cheese grate my knees. 

I’m only going for the piss up….the match will probably spoil a good day out as usual. God it’s depressing!!😔

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Bring back Peter Clarke!

Fast forward to 1:40 😃

happy daze!

If only we had that kind of fighting spirt. Instead of the dead fish effort we get week in week out. Would we win a game like that these days? Never in a million years.

34 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If only we had that kind of fighting spirt. Instead of the dead fish effort we get week in week out. Would we win a game like that these days? Never in a million years.

I had forgotten that we played the whole of the second half with ten men 😮

Do any of you remember how many we took to this one?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Or is it just the first relatively local away game in ages...?

Yeah your probably right but for context…Chesterfield at the time we’re 2nd only 2 points behind Wrexham who they had already beaten with a game in hand and brought only 1456 to BP.

There would have been 3k of us there tomorrow if we’d been up there challenging!

Good turnout considering the current situation with many probably going for the day out.
How many seriously expecting the win, though?

Even a rout won't be enough to dislodge him.
We are stuck in a rut and it is extremely depressing, football-wise.

Archived