MATCH: Chesterfield (A) 25/02/23

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: Chesterfield (A) 25/02/23
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan has been culpable for so many goals this season I’ve lost count, he’s not on his own but, IMO, he has been an absolute liability!

Maybe the captaincy has been a burden for him, whatever it is he needs a break and we need to get him out of this team.

Clarke would be the obvious option to bring back in as Captain. Whether Unsworth agrees is another matter!

A theme through all the poor performances has been the lethargic body language of some of the players, with others looking to compensate by working twice as hard.

This must affect team spirit as in any industry no one likes working along colleagues who don't look interested and not pulling their weight.

This is a problem of poor recruitment and management, and the more the slackers are tolerated the more the situation will get worse.

Out of around 40 players in the squad there must be 11 decent ones who will battle for 90 minutes.

I'd like to hear from the manager why he persists with lack lustre players, is it because he has favourites and his head in the sand?

If we concede an early goal at Chesterfield tomorrow it could be a rout.

They have been on a terrible run and will be desperate to get back on track.

We are the perfect opposition for them as we have proved time and time again that we are so so easy to play against.

We will have a big following and the fans deserve a big performance. If we get a repeat of the Gateshead debacle it’s going to get toxic, very toxic.

I think one way or the other tomorrow could either be the turning point or the tipping point Unsworth!

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we concede an early goal at Chesterfield tomorrow it could be a rout.

They have been on a terrible run and will be desperate to get back on track.

We are the perfect opposition for them as we have proved time and time again that we are so so easy to play against.

We will have a big following and the fans deserve a big performance. If we get a repeat of the Gateshead debacle it’s going to get toxic, very toxic.

I think one way or the other tomorrow could either be the turning point or the tipping point Unsworth!

I think whether it’s a rout or not if we lose again it’ll be a tipping point. The fact that we’ve now been straddling the relegation spots for literally months is evidence in itself things aren’t working. A few times I’ve thought we’ve perhaps turned a corner only be back to square one the next game. 

Non-Unsworth related question... does anyone know how soon a full match replay becomes available on the national league tv website? I'm out on Saturday afternoon so wondering if it's worth avoiding the score and trying to watch it later as live. It suggests on the website that its 10.30pm on Sundays but I'm sure I've read on here someone saying it's available quite soon after the game.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Hogan has been culpable for so many goals this season I’ve lost count, he’s not on his own but, IMO, he has been an absolute liability!

Maybe the captaincy has been a burden for him, whatever it is he needs a break and we need to get him out of this team.

Clarke would be the obvious option to bring back in as Captain. Whether Unsworth agrees is another matter!

Hogans 35 next year, I’m friends with a Stockport fan, who said his legs went last season. He isn’t the answer. We need another centre back, alongside Sutton. Put yarney at right back. Surely Clarke is better than hogan. 

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hogans 35 next year, I’m friends with a Stockport fan, who said his legs went last season. He isn’t the answer. We need another centre back, alongside Sutton. Put yarney at right back. Surely Clarke is better than hogan. 

He is but he’s 41!!😆😆

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I still vote Shelton at RB, Yarney & Sutton CB and Gardner/Rooney in with Sheron...

Archived