MATCH: Chesterfield (A) 25/02/23

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we will have 1500 there tomorrow the majority on the sauce from 7 or 8 in the morning, could turn very quickly if the rabble decide they don't want to put the required effort in, for what it's worth I think  they'll probably look like a different team tomorrow desire wise but I expect no change in tactics with the midfield stood on the centrhalves toes yet again, I'm going and haven't seen us win away since last March at Stevenage despite us playing in a pub league this season, 0-0 win for me.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Think we will have 1500 there tomorrow the majority on the sauce from 7 or 8 in the morning, could turn very quickly if the rabble decide they don't want to put the required effort in, for what it's worth I think  they'll probably look like a different team tomorrow desire wise but I expect no change in tactics with the midfield stood on the centrhalves toes yet again, I'm going and haven't seen us win away since last March at Stevenage despite us playing in a pub league this season, 0-0 win for me.

0 v 0 would be a bonus….I think we’ll get mullered!

Safe travels to those going to the game tomorrow. I really do hope we put in a good performance. Even if we lose, I want the team to battle and provide a solid performance. I've always said people who do away games as well as home are proper mad, but with the football that Unsworth provides, you must be REALLY REALLY mad. Have a good one boys and girls!

12 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Non-Unsworth related question... does anyone know how soon a full match replay becomes available on the national league tv website? I'm out on Saturday afternoon so wondering if it's worth avoiding the score and trying to watch it later as live. It suggests on the website that its 10.30pm on Sundays but I'm sure I've read on here someone saying it's available quite soon after the game.

I can't say for definite, but when the National TV started the Saturday games were available a a couple of hours later, but I think times have changed.

I do know the Maidstone game did not become available until early Tuesday (UK time). About 12 hours before the Tuesday night Gateshead game.

If that's repeated, good luck avoiding the score.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Trying to work out whether getting a flat tyre less than a mile from home and 180 miles from Chesterfield is a good or bad thing. As I have eleven tickets in my bag probably the latter.

I'm guessing getting an uber is out of the question then?

Hopefully; Norman, Back 4: Yarney, Sutton, P. Clarke, Kitching. Left side Tollitt, C.M. Rooney & Shelton, Right side Evans, Front 2, Reid & Fondop playing close together and play the full backs wider. Subs; Hudson, Abraham, Nuttall, Couto & Chapman. 3-0 win.

Gardner centre midfield, full backs too narrow, forwards too wide, 3-0 loss.

10 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

I can't say for definite, but when the National TV started the Saturday games were available a a couple of hours later, but I think times have changed.

I do know the Maidstone game did not become available until early Tuesday (UK time). About 12 hours before the Tuesday night Gateshead game.

If that's repeated, good luck avoiding the score.

Cheers for the info. I'll give it a try in hope tonight but after that I'm not sure I fancy waiting til Tuesday. Although it might do wonders for my mood if I take a few days off #oafc and here!

2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Hopefully; Norman, Back 4: Yarney, Sutton, P. Clarke, Kitching. Left side Tollitt, C.M. Rooney & Shelton, Right side Evans, Front 2, Reid & Fondop playing close together and play the full backs wider. Subs; Hudson, Abraham, Nuttall, Couto & Chapman. 3-0 win.

Gardner centre midfield, full backs too narrow, forwards too wide, 3-0 loss.

Evans?

Looks like 1 up front with Reid dropped. On paper looks like we are going even more negative than what we have been, if that’s even possible. I guess i’ll reserve judgement until we see the performance. Take another 1-0 last minute. 

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Chapman and Green start, Reid and Tollit on the bench with Fondop and P Clarke…

Abraham misses out again 😮

Not massively worried about Abraham missing out. My opinion, but not sure why he’s a fan favourite, he’s had a couple of decent cameo’s here and there but he’s another 1 who for me isn’t good enough and isn’t capable of scoring goals on a consistent basis. May be in a minority here, but i’ve been to most games and not impressed on the whole. He offers something different than the other strikers I guess, but not sure it’s enough. 

Archived