Last 10 games

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

In my opinion, he hasn’t shown enough to warrant any further time at BP. If he is coming back on a permanent deal it will be a strange decision 😮

Seems to me Unsworth likes players who toe the line no matter how ordinary they are.

Why have Tollit and Abrahams been left out of his plans?

Be interesting to see what happens after Rooney snubbed him yesterday.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But it didn’t. . so. . 😂😉

Joking aside- I take your point. 

I had a look at the league table yesterday and I think 7th was something like 12 points in front of us. When you think about another four  wins over the season, It seems very attainable and doable. Then I immediately remind myself that we’ve lost 17 points this season from winning positions. . . and there in lies the problem. 

Gained 11 though so a net loss of just 6...

Looking at that team yesterday am I on my own thinking that only 3 or 4 of them ought to be 1st choice next season?

It will be almost like starting from scratch again so the 8 or 9 players he’s supposedly bringing in will have to be really decent additions and good enough to go straight into the side.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not according to you, you reckon 12th keeps him in a job...

You’re conflating a different point.

That’s about my opinion on board expectation and not my expectation’s.

Better players will mean a top half finish, and if we go 15th to 10/12th I think the board will be ok with that. Incremental improvement seem to be the buzzwords. 

I want to see us in the playoffs and anything less is failure. (How entitled do I sound on a top 6 budget👀😂)

Better players alone won’t be enough, we also need to see a big improvement in Unsworth’s management to get there. Something I don’t think he’s capable of. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’re conflating a different point.

That’s about my opinion on board expectation and not my expectation’s.

Better players will mean a top half finish, and if we go 15th to 10/12th I think the board will be ok with that. Incremental improvement seem to be the buzzwords. 

I want to see us in the playoffs and anything less is failure. (How entitled do I sound on a top 6 budget👀😂)

Better players alone won’t be enough, we also need to see a big improvement in Unsworth’s management to get there. Something I don’t think he’s capable of. 

No manager is going to have the luxury of floating around in mid table from now on, regardless of the closeness of their relationship to the CEO.

41 minutes ago, League one forever said:

15th to 10/12th

Like a lot of the fans I wouldn’t be happy with that modicum of improvement and taking into account the money they’ve spent and continue to spend I don’t think even the Rothwell’s will be happy with that either !

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Like a lot of the fans I wouldn’t be happy with that modicum of improvement and taking into account the money they’ve spent and continue to spend I don’t think even the Rothwell’s will be happy with that either !

Agree with your last point, our budget is already top 3 and some would be shocked what a number in this squad are on, particularly as we have seen no improvement to the league position since Shez went.

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Agreed.

But what we and the board expect are two different things in my view. They strike me as very fair and balanced, and as long as he’s doing a bit better/top half I think they’ll be ok with that, but time will tell. 

I will also add though- If he struggles badly next season, then they’re not stupid and he’ll get the chop. 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Looking at that team yesterday am I on my own thinking that only 3 or 4 of them ought to be 1st choice next season?

It will be almost like starting from scratch again so the 8 or 9 players he’s supposedly bringing in will have to be really decent additions and good enough to go straight into the side.

It's quite possible that genuine quality signings can bring up the level of the players currently here.

We have a top 7 budget for next season (could be the 7th biggest could be the biggest for all we know) we need to be signing players who are some of the best players in their respective positions in the league I'd like 4 definite 1st teamers a right back who finishes the season as the best right back in the league a centre mid who can dictate the game any game including against promotion rivals away from home a right sided player who can get 15 goals and 15 assists and an explosive striker who will bag you 25 goals.

I know that's quite high targets to be aiming at but if we wanted to get promoted then you need several players who are best in their respective positions in the league. 4-5 of the 9 signed in the summer probably need to be our best players next season if we are to go up.

Archived