Oldham Athletic Girls & Women

Do we have a women's side? I looked on the club website and it mentions the Girls & Women's club, but that only seems to be U18, U12, U11, U9 and U8 sides.

Just curious as both of the other teams I keep an eye out for - both National League South, so lower down the pyramid - are going all-in promoting their women's sides this season. Signing announcements, cross-promotion with the men's side, etc.

5 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Do we have a women's side? I looked on the club website and it mentions the Girls & Women's club, but that only seems to be U18, U12, U11, U9 and U8 sides.

Just curious as both of the other teams I keep an eye out for - both National League South, so lower down the pyramid - are going all-in promoting their women's sides this season. Signing announcements, cross-promotion with the men's side, etc.

TBH I am not 100% sure

But I know OACT do community teams and have seen stuff like womens, walking football etc..I think at the honeywell centre if it helps

Edited by underdog
  • Thanks 1

l remember us merging with Ashton and then quietly being ignored to death.

if there isnt an open age Female team in this day and age ld be shocked.

l would also check the score every week if we launch a team for non binary, blind people of colour in wheelchairs that have Tourettes.

it is important not to discriminate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Agreed but apparently we're too big for H&G at the moment. Maybe next up after the Puma deal.

H&G have done a good job of kitting the shop out and looking at the amount of clubs they make kits for, I would suggest we are not too big for them. I imagine the financial power of Puma is why we chose them

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

6 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I imagine the financial power of Puma is why we chose them

yes defo a case of quickly grabbing the biggest pot. puma had to choose us first tho and it was only bc they are on their way down. they wouldnt be arsed with clubs down here until very recently when clubs and athletes at the top of their portfolio like libpool and oakland started piling out due to the brands association with the continued genocide in occupied Palestine. lno they also used to sponsor chester but that was via libpool. chester also quit them.

it is taking propaganda and news repression to try and hold the brand, but it isnt sustainable. its pretty much the only short termist, blinded by lights move The Saviours have made, but l can understand why as it is barely a fringe movement in the UK and brown people genocide half a planet away wudnt have had any reason to have been on our new boards radar.

When the rugby club move up to BP could their current ground be a suitable venue for a women's team? Who else plays there? Can't see much merit in the short term for a women's team to play at BP where I'd imagine there'd be a very small crowd. Could be wrong of course.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

When the rugby club move up to BP could their current ground be a suitable venue for a women's team? Who else plays there? Can't see much merit in the short term for a women's team to play at BP where I'd imagine there'd be a very small crowd. Could be wrong of course.

That would be Avro FC’s ground.

I was under the impression there is a Women’s and Girls team but they weren’t officially under the club.

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

but they weren’t officially under the club.

that's my impression from the article on the club website

The Girl’s & Women’s club operates as a separate entity to Oldham Athletic but work closely in partnership to represent Girls and Women playing football under the club name and badge, representing Oldham Athletic every time they play!  

The CEO quote does suggest that there will be an open age team fully associated with the club in time.

Probably depends on funding. IIRC Yovil had a successful women's team in the precurser to the wsl but on small crowds had no chance once the big teams started splashing the cash.

Thanks Dick,

perhaps their under one roof claim only applies to the kit provided for first teams and their replicas etc are outsourced.

Unlike many other bespoke teamwear brands, every step of our production process is done under one roof - this cuts manufacturing lead times - and means we have the capability to manufacture bespoke kits within 21 days

Shame- be nice to support some UK manufacturing