3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Pep Guardiola's fault. He might have "changed football" at the highest level, but people (not just our fans) watch his team on sky play all the tippy tappy bollocks and expect lower league plodders to be able to do it.

I wouldn't disagree with that. Certainly, the sometimes endless sideways/backwards passing indulged in by 100+ charges of FFP regulation breaches Citeh can be mind numbingly boring to watch.

3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Pep Guardiola's fault. He might have "changed football" at the highest level, but people (not just our fans) watch his team on sky play all the tippy tappy bollocks and expect lower league plodders to be able to do it.

Nah, I don't think that's right.  I want us to run at teams, boss midfield and create loads of chances.  I don't want to see the opposition knock it round us, while we wait (and wait and wait..) for an opportunity to break.  In recent-ish history, I want to see us playing like LJ had us set-up or Wellens (pre-Abdallah nonsense) or Shez (pre-Abdallah nonsense)...

5 hours ago, Londonboy said:

And it seems like many have forgotten we won 4 and drew 2 of our last six games last season, and have in my view an already more balanced and higher quality squad, so can some people cheer the fuck up!!🙂🌞

Bristol Rovers did it in one year, as did Grimsby, and it only took Orient two. I think that’s the option we should go for.

We need to get the fuck out of this league as soon as possible before we get bogged down it, cos that’s what we do 

• Like 2

It's clearly a lot more difficult these days, that's for sure.

When automatic relegation from the old 4th Division replaced the re-election system in the late 1980s, it was initially quite common for relegated teams to go straight back up in one season. I'm fairly sure that Lincoln City, Colchester United and Darlington did so in that era, and maybe one or two others as well?

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I wouldn't disagree with that. Certainly, the sometimes endless sideways/backwards passing indulged in by 100+ charges of FFP regulation breaches Citeh can be mind numbingly boring to watch.

Wish we could score scored 94 league goals.

4 hours ago, Ackey said:

He literally hits him in the face 10ft from the referee and whilst clearly being watched by the lino too.

image.png

This should start almost exactly as he does it :)

Slight slap. Not a punch. Silly though. If you're going to get sent off you may as well drop him with a clean right

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Notts lost in the playoffs 3 years in row before their last minute winner in this year's final, and Chesterfield have also lost in the playoffs in last 3 years. Both were backed with decent budgets over those periods but didn't go up. 

I'm just saying it's bloody hard and we have no right to assume just because we are Oldham, and have spent a few quid we will walk the league playing entertaining football....we won't! Wrexham Notts and Chesterfield were mile's better than us last season even though we got a couple of flukey results against them so we have a fair way to go in my humble opinion.

I'd settle for a scrambled 6th place finish...playing solid football...and an extra time winner in the playoff final....just like Grimsby did🙂

What the hell do you think you are doing !!! You can talk that much sense in one post . 🙂