15 minutes ago, oldham57 said:

Lundstram and Raglan were the pick for me.

What did Nuttall get sent off for?

Assume this doesn't count to the season?

Didn't see it myself because I was watching the quick free kick but the guy next to me and the Southport Twitter account both said he slapped the Southport player

Not sure if it counts, I seem to remember Hogan got sent off in one last season but still played, but I could be misremembering 

21 minutes ago, St92 said:

Didn't see it myself because I was watching the quick free kick but the guy next to me and the Southport Twitter account both said he slapped the Southport player

Not sure if it counts, I seem to remember Hogan got sent off in one last season but still played, but I could be misremembering 

Hogan's last season was a second bookable IIRC. I can't imagine the National League/FA will be so understanding for a violent conduct offence...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I was worried about being pipped to the title.

With this manager it’s clear we may not even make the play offs.

If we sack him very early doors we may still be able to salvage the season.

You're one of those students they pay to test out new drugs aren't you ?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

I was worried about being pipped to the title.

With this manager it’s clear we may not even make the play offs.

If we sack him very early doors we may still be able to salvage the season.

A rare burst of optimism there, @GKing521. I was expecting you to say we are relegation fodder. After all, it’s already mid-July and we have two meaningless pre-season friendlies under our belt. How much more evidence do we need, for God’s sake?

Another goal and a nice finish from Green. He might not be the type of winger who will deliver a dozen pin point crosses a game but he knows where the back of the net is He could easily bag 10-15 goals next season. Which will be important because you will need goals from right across the team.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another goal and a nice finish from Green. He might not be the type of winger who will deliver a dozen pin point crosses a game but he knows where the back of the net is He could easily bag 10-15 goals next season. Which will be important because the chances of Nuttall getting double figures  are pretty remote. 

FIFY 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

FIFY 

If Nuttall plays 30 games he gets double figures.

The same will also apply to Fondop and Reid, I presume Willoughby would also get there, but not having seen him play I am not as certain.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another goal and a nice finish from Green. He might not be the type of winger who will deliver a dozen pin point crosses a game but he knows where the back of the net is He could easily bag 10-15 goals next season. Which will be important because you will need goals from right across the team.

Yep his Goals and Assists will be what you'd expect from a winger in a playoff team, but he'll have more goals than would be expected.

20 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

A rare burst of optimism there, @GKing521. I was expecting you to say we are relegation fodder. After all, it’s already mid-July and we have two meaningless pre-season friendlies under our belt. How much more evidence do we need, for God’s sake?

it’s pre season. It’s about getting the players sharp for the season ahead. We can only comment on what we see though.

My view having seen both games is that we look solid, organised at the back, the Altrincham lad looks decent in the middle, but we look lightweight upfront. Despite plenty on here pulling their pipe over Nuttall I’ve still yet to see it, but I’m not writing him off yet.

in short, nothing to get either exited or worried about, which is what I expected really 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I get the feeling some are hoping to see us evolve with all these better players.

It won’t happen. 

It will be Rhinoball with better players. He won’t change, and why should he- as long he gets results. . . . 

4 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

My view having seen both games is that we look solid, organised at the back,

Exactly my point. 

Hard to beat, must not lose first. No change from last season. 

As long as that gets results- fine. 

If it doesn’t- the wolves will be circling quickly. 

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

FIFY 

He scored 16 goals in the national league last season yep 9 for Scunthorpe but it shows he can score at this level. 

He should easily make double figures if he remains first choice if not then we have 2 players in Reid and Fondop who will happily take his place who will bag double figures.

Both our main strikers this season will bag double figures in fact we may even end up with 2 bagging over 20.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It will be Rhinoball with better players. He won’t change, and why should he- as long he gets results. . . . 

You're right, but man it's shite to watch..

I think Frank should be demanding something more convincing from the investment he's put in...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Yep his Goals and Assists will be what you'd expect from a winger in a playoff team, but he'll have more goals than would be expected.

You'd usually expect a winger to be bagging 20 assists and maybe 5-10 goals with Green you might only get 10 assists but he may well bag 15. Maybe this is where football has changed in the last 10-15 years wingers are more goal scorers than providers these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You're right, but man it's shite to watch..

I think Frank should be demanding something more convincing from the investment he's put in...

I know. 

But I’ve got mixed feelings- Ideally I want to enjoy the football and win. 

But with Unsy, it’s pragmatism of the result at the cost of enjoyment. And given the choice - that’s better than entertaining losing football. 

36 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Exactly my point. 

Hard to beat, must not lose first. No change from last season. 

As long as that gets results- fine. 

If it doesn’t- the wolves will be circling quickly. 

the wolves are already circling. l thought they would at least wait for the actual Football to start, but it seems they are sucker punching their cyber low blows already.

The Gaffer has already said he is pushing them really hard so that they will purposely be leggy so that they can build resiliance. some have chosen to ignore this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

The Gaffer has already said he is pushing them really hard so that they will purposely be leggy so that they can build resiliance. some have chosen to ignore this.

Aye, that’s a good point. 

To play his style you have to work your bollocks off, I suppose it’s how and when you work that people will argue with. But if we start well, most won’t care either way. 

• Like 1