52 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Line up looks like our strongest 11 right now and possibly looks like a 3-5-2 Be interesting to see how we go with this one.

Think Nuttall Willoughby is a natrual combination Nuttall is probably the best of the 4 interms of playing with his back to goal. I actually think Willoughby will be our main man this season but expect Nuttall to be getting over 15 for the season.

Still it's only pre-season

It's been 442 with Hobson RB

They did seem to move Ward from LM into more of a front 3 and go to a 5 but only lasted maybe 5 mins max before being changed back

• Thanks 1

Honest, no overreacting to a friendly review...

Improvement on the Hyde game.

Ward looked like he wants to play proper football, looks to play lots of give and go, drifts in quite a bit from LM though so think he might be better in a 3 man midfield

Raglan looks like a great pick up

Lundstram looks decent 

We seemed to grow into it as the game went on, even after the red card

Lacking a bit of creativity in the first half and not doing enough to give Willoughby chances

Think a 433 with Ward in the 3 to create could be the way to go

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, another fan said:

Did you ever ring the news desk at the "Daily Express for the final score after a night match?

Yes! Only way to find out in 60s before local radio etc 

Mind you, all league results were given at end of national news at 10.30

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St92 said:

Honest, no overreacting to a friendly review...

Improvement on the Hyde game.

Ward looked like he wants to play proper football, looks to play lots of give and go, drifts in quite a bit from LM though so think he might be better in a 3 man midfield

Raglan looks like a great pick up

Lundstram looks decent 

We seemed to grow into it as the game went on, even after the red card

Lacking a bit of creativity in the first half and not doing enough to give Willoughby chances

Think a 433 with Ward in the 3 to create could be the way to go

How did our right back play?

Nice goal from Green. Was happy to see him score after being scythed down twice in the first 10 minutes. An obvious tactic from Southport’s manager who had him there previously.

I also thought Nuttall did well (before getting himself sent off!), coming deep and laying balls off to others, and seemingly playing with a bit more confidence taking shots on, hitting the crossbar with one.

Decent showings as well from Lundstram, Willoughby, and Hogan IMO.

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Awaiting the anger from @yarddog73

Looked good going forward, linked up well with Hope but defensively weak as piss and was done two or three times for strength and pace, he's done okay but probably needs a season out on loan to play week in week out.

Shape and balance of the team is awful, we effectively had three centre halfs who have all predominantly played on the right side of a pair at the back, Hobson doesn't look comfortable out there as a right back, even less so than Sutton tbh, I prefer Hogan left of a two and Hobson next to him, I know Hobson and Raglan are quality but we effectively have along with Sutton four players whose preferred position is a right sided centre half. 

Kitching looked lost and positionally was all over the place, Ward and Sheron just gave the ball away all afternoon. Lundstrum could be some player this season, MOM for me along with Hogan.

Green doesn't do enough drifts in and out too much but had little protection from the ref, Willoughby worked hard but seemed to be the only one pressing at times and Nuttall actually looked a little sharper today but stupidity got him sent off.

This second keeper Hudson needs to work on his left peg as well, he's fucking awful on his weak foot but made some impressive stops in the warm up tbf.

Another 90 minutes of rhinoball, we hardly looked like scoring till Nuttall got sent off and I'm hoping we start to improve in the next game or two as we are a million miles away at the minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I left at half time but it looked to me like we played 3-5-2 with Green and Kitching as wing backs...

We seemed to change to that part way through the half but it seemed to be changed back within 5 minutes to me