The Next Oldham Manager

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I was hoping for something a bit more fresh and exciting than that quartet Faz.

From a list of those currently unemployed though? There may be others on the list that excite you more who are employed so they won't be getting a shout out in the newspaper.

Just now, nzlatic said:

From a list of those currently unemployed though? There may be others on the list that excite you more who are employed so they won't be getting a shout out in the newspaper.

Just think we've got a great opportunity to reinvigorate the playing side and put together a team that is exciting to watch, I'm sick of safety first managers, seeing the ball in the air more than on the floor.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Just think we've got a great opportunity to reinvigorate the playing side and put together a team that is exciting to watch, I'm sick of safety first managers, seeing the ball in the air more than on the floor.

I don't disagree with that, but because the names weren't released to the times doesn't mean we aren't looking at someone who fits that profile.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Mixed feeling about this. Unbeaten in 6 puts huge pressure on the new manager who comes in with a hard run of fixtures. 
Big call. 

Not sure about that. The last 3 performances and results have been poor so that'll give the new boss some leeway with fans.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Im finally starting to like you.

It’s clear they’ve been relieved of their duties as any new man will want to bring their own staff in. My worry, despite wanting a new manager in who’s been there and done it is this will be expensive. Is there any budget left to bring in the 3/4 players (starters) we need?

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Mellon please. 

Oldham Athletic could surely have done better than Micky Mellon, Gary Bowyer or Steve Thompson.

It would have been interesting to know who applied or the club approached. I wonder if the Cowleys or David Artell were  interested.

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

Oldham Athletic could surely have done better than Micky Mellon, Gary Bowyer or Steve Thompson.

It would have been interesting to know who applied or the club approached. I wonder if the Cowleys or David Artell were  interested.

There may have been other candidates on the shortlist, I guess it won't be that long until we find out.

16 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

The Cowleys are after the Sheffield Wednesday job it suggests they are aiming somewhat higher than Oldham. We are currently mid table in the national league the candidates available reflect that.

Dan Cowley

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Mellon has won promotion about 5 times, including from this division. And our star striker played his best football under him. Not sure how we could be doing better than that tbh.