MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 20/01/24

• Bender featured this topic

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 11am. Would be surprised if this is called off. It's above zero now and doesn't drop below overnight. Forecast is for it to be up to 5 degrees by 10am.

2 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Gardner out again for 2 weeks according to Mellon.  Foot injury. Needs bining. Time for him to draw his pension.

I'd like to know what's wrong with Lundstram, never looks fully fit yet still selected 

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

From tonight till kick off the weather forecast is never less than 4°.

If this is called off it will be a disgrace.

They had a pitch inspection at 9am this morning which ruled it unplayable. I don’t live far away and that comes as no surprise given the ground here was frozen solid. Temps tomorrow are much higher so bizarre for them to do that today. Although given their cup exploits they probably want it called off. 

28 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They had a pitch inspection at 9am this morning which ruled it unplayable. I don’t live far away and that comes as no surprise given the ground here was frozen solid. Temps tomorrow are much higher so bizarre for them to do that today. Although given their cup exploits they probably want it called off. 

My reading of it too. Seems odd to say it failed this morning and then we've requested a re-inspection at a time well after when they would have set off (if they haven't travelled today). Can only assume Eastleigh proposed postponement but we want to give it every chance given the forecast.

3 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

My reading of it too. Seems odd to say it failed this morning and then we've requested a re-inspection at a time well after when they would have set off (if they haven't travelled today). Can only assume Eastleigh proposed postponement but we want to give it every chance given the forecast.

Yep. Funnily enough they didn’t seem to have any issues for the cup game midweek despite it being well below zero for days. Just one tweet about frost covers. 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Team to face Eastleigh on board behind MM.

Keeper

Sachdev

Hobson

Raglan

Hogan

Kitching

Lundstrum

Sheron

Conlon

Norwood

Fondop

Subs 

Walker 

Dickinson

McGahey 

Hope

Ward

Looks OK, just hope Hudson is in net. 

The land around here in neighbouring Dorset has been frozen all week, despite the sun making a daily appearance. If they’ve got covers on, it still might not stop the frost and if so, I doubt it will thaw out in time