MATCH: York City (A) 20/02/24

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It highlights what I see as a scourge of modern football - stats.  But more the interpretation of the stats rather than the stats themselves.  I am sure lots of them are very useful for clubs and managers when they are analysed and put in the proper context but that level of analysis isn't available to the ordinary fan so the strong likelihood is that the stats will be misinterpreted - as Forshaw's goalscoring streak this time last year appears to have been.

I had a four hour drive last night back home and had the Liverpool/Luton game on the radio - which was fun until Liverpool steamrollered them.  The commentary was more to do with the stats than the game.  At one point I was regaled with the fact that Liverpool had won 59.21% of aerial duels, to which the only sensible response is 'So bloody what?'

lm not writing him off he has good instincts and positioning its just that men defenders dont let him stand where kid defenders do and he isnt arrogant/tough/cocky enough to do owt about it. yet.

• Bender unfeatured this topic