MATCH: York City (A) 20/02/24

What is wrong with them, honest to god.

Embarrassing result. York are absolutely buzzing with that. 

Re-think in the summer needed to launch a proper assault on the title.

Decent crowd and our players falter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

🙄🤦‍♂️

Well that wasn’t very good was it? Honestly I just can’t believe how poor we are at playing football, we seem incapable of passing the ball at any kind of pace on the ground to our teammates. I guess it’s just this division and we are still capable of scraping 07th spot.

• Like 2

Also worth pointing out the mental weakness of Solihull, Bromley, Barnet and Altrincham who all dropped points against lower teams tonight. Thus proving they also have no chance in the play offs. 

• Like 11

Mate, for your own sake, have a break!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Also worth pointing out the mental weakness of Solihull, Bromley, Barnet and Altrincham who all dropped points against lower teams tonight. Thus proving they also have no chance in the play offs. 

Er, Barnet were away to Aldershot who went above us with the win and Alty lost at Hartlepool who are now making a late push for 7th, frankly I would have preferred they had both won as we are really battling the likes of Halifax, Aldershot and maybe Pools for the last playoff spot, not a chance we are consistent enough to get anywhere close the the top 5

Don’t think Hogan was poor. Although tbh, after witnessing that, I can’t praise or criticise anyone.  Such a nothing game.

Their goal look way l offside though, not the guy who headed it in the box, the 2 impeding Hudson?

We miss Norwood’s craft up top for sure. 

15 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well that wasn’t very good was it? Honestly I just can’t believe how poor we are at playing football, we seem incapable of passing the ball at any kind of pace on the ground to our teammates. I guess it’s just this division and we are still capable of scraping 07th spot.

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Er, Barnet were away to Aldershot who went above us with the win and Alty lost at Hartlepool who are now making a late push for 7th, frankly I would have preferred they had both won as we are really battling the likes of Halifax, Aldershot and maybe Pools for the last playoff spot, not a chance we are consistent enough to get anywhere close the the top 5

Not consistent enough?

23 points from the last 11 league games (W7 D2 L2).

Ill take that again right now til the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Last Tuesday Aldershot lost 5-0 at home to Fylde. Hartlepool recently drew against Woking and it’s not that long ago we beat them home and away. 

It’s absolute overreactive nonsense to say we aren’t “consistent enough to get anywhere close to the top 5”. Just look at the form table - last 10 matches, 20 points puts us we’re 3rd behind Chesterfield (22) and Fylde (also 20). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JED said:

This is a decent result - if we beat Kidderminster on Saturday.

If we do that then it's 10 points from a possible 12 in the last 4 games. Which is promotion for in anyone's book.

But Saturday has a typical 0-1 at home written all over it They NEED to turn up Saturday away wins at places like Maidenhead are all well and good but we only had what 2-300 of our own fans see it. Saturday will 12000 from a PR perspective its really important we win Saturday and win well put a performance in. Some good home wins will get the fans believing that promotion is a real possibility. I'd go s far to say Saturday is the biggest game of the season for this reason.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

12 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

A few weeks ago we had 7 strikers on the books, now we don't even have 1 on the bench!

Where are Dallas, Hope and Reid?

Two good posts.

Although we worked hard, our play tonight was one dimensional and predictable. Too many had poor games - and for the majority of the game, our midfield was bypassed again by our insistence on lumping the ball forward aimlessly.

York were fairly basic too which meant a turgid and uninspiring game. We got a point which was about all we deserved.

I’m not sure why MM only made one change and, with injuries to Norwood, Walker and Dallas, I’m thinking it’s time that Reid was given a chance. 

Horrible game of football tonight. 

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we do that then it's 10 points from a possible 12 in the last 4 games. Which is promotion for in anyone's book.

But Saturday has a typical 0-1 at home written all over it They NEED to turn up Saturday away wins at places like Maidenhead are all well and good but we only had what 2-300 of our own fans see it. Saturday will 12000 from a PR perspective its really important we win Saturday and win well put a performance in. Some good home wins will get the fans believing that promotion is a real possibility. I'd go s far to say Saturday is the biggest game of the season for this reason.

Exactly. It is better to reflect over a period of games rather than one match in isolation, otherwise Chesterfield are rubbish for losing to Bromley.

As far as morale and mood goes then yes Saturday is definitely the biggest game.

• Like 1