MATCH: York City (A) 20/02/24

• Matt featured this topic

Think we will turn up tonight, hoping for another 3 or 4 goals.

Problems for Mellon, particularly if one or two return. I think we'll start with the same eleven, no need to change anything for me, that means there could be terrific competition for places on the bench.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry in advance. Me and my mate are going today, he’s not seen an away win in 24 games. He’s never seen us win away. 

1st time for everything…. Although if we do lose it‘ll be your fault.

3rd best away team against 3rd worst home team….. If he doesn’t see an away win tonight, please don’t take him again. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I had these down to do well at the start of the season for some reason, currently 3 points off the bottom four so that's gone well. Considering our away form it should be a comfortable away win. Any indication if Dallas or Walker will be back?

They spent pretty big I think, pre-season?

Just hope we come out of the traps as quickly as we did on Saturday. No resting on laurels, no feeling our way into the game, get into it from the first pass, first tackle, first shot on goal. Think the inclusion of Sheron and Sutton helps in this respect, both positive players. Looking forward to see how Oli Hammond, the human perpetual motion machine, acquits himself after a stellar performance v. Maidenhead (would love to see his GPS stats, the ground that lad covered on Saturday, great engine). Lots of reasons for optimism, please be more of a Maidenhead performance than a Borethem Wood.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Think we will turn up tonight, hoping for another 3 or 4 goals.

Problems for Mellon, particularly if one or two return. I think we'll start with the same eleven, no need to change anything for me, that means there could be terrific competition for places on the bench.

If Kitching has recovered, I would start with him at lwb - either Hobson or Sutton to the bench.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Mellon said it was sickness when interviewed.

Thanks, I should never have doubted @trickyrickyholden. Hopefully nothing too serious and he'll be back soon. I notice York have signed a highly regarded youngster from Leeds, wide player, not sure if he's right or left footed. Might give Hogan a stiffer test at LB than Maidenhead managed, assuming Kitch is still ill. Tbf, Hogan has been one of our best players this season and he had a very good game on Saturday.

• Like 1

Tough team to pick. I’d rather Kitching play at LB than Hogan, but can’t see him dropping any of Hobson, Raglan and Hogan after the first half against Boreham Wood. 

That means a shift to 5 at the back with either Green or Sutton dropping out. Don’t think we can drop Green after his last game and a half. So Sutton misses out for me, unfortunately. 

Everyone else, the same as Sat. 

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I'll take your word for it but was described as injury on the official twitter feed when the team was announced.

MM said in his post match interview that he called in Ill on Thursday morning. 

48 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

MM said in his post match interview that he called in Ill on Thursday morning. 

Could it have been Alex Reid doing an impression of him while holding him hostage in his cellar?

• Like 2