MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

Surprised nobody has mention Kitching. In that second half he didn't try to beat a man once to get to the byline. What's happening in his head? Seems to have no confidence.

Mellon in post match interview actually said we haven't got a right back. Where's Sachdev? We've needed one for 2 seasons now and we (the fans) told Unsworth at the meet the manager event.......

Ps how many corners didn't get past the first man?? Basics.....

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet
  • Like 2

Forget the players!  Mellon set up the team not to lose in a game we had to win.

We have seen his keep it tight not to concede mentality which has seen us concede 4 goals in the last two games.  What if we tried to win?  I'm certain we have conceded fewer goals when in a try to win mentality rather than a not to lose formation.

These players showed what they can do against Chesterfield but Mellon falls beck on his boring unproductive strategy time after time.  His race has been run he is a yesterday man just as Rhino was a nowhere near man.  This season, next season, sometime actually never with this manager.

Players can do better but not when a rigid no lose system is imposed upon them.

Will he do anything different against Rochdale?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Billy_of_Lees said:

It's saved us the customary play-off disappointment I suppose 

"Customary play-off disappointment".

You make it sound like it hasn't been nearly 20 years since we knew was a play off disappointment was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Surprised nobody has mention Kitching. In that second half he didn't try to beat a man once to get to the byline. What's happening in his head? Seems to have no confidence.

Mellon in post match interview actually said we haven't got a right back. Where's Sachdev? We've needed one for 2 seasons now and we (the fans) told Unsworth at the meet the manager event.......

Ps how many corners didn't get past the first man?? Basics.....

Kitching has been turning back for weeks now… he simply will not try to beat the man to get to the byline. It’s weird. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Based on what? We haven't lost to them in for 8 years, they're below us in the table and they're in turmoil...

Probably based on the fact that Latics' form has nosedived, oh, and the players have decided that they don't play football anymore..at least not the way Mellon wants them to.

Just now, Wardie said:

Probably based on the fact that Latics' form has nosedived, oh, and the players have decided that they don't play football anymore..at least not the way Mellon wants them to.

That's not the way it seemed in the 2nd half yesterday...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's not the way it seemed in the 2nd half yesterday...

That's true but the consistency of quality is truly baffling and has cost us big time. I really don't think there is any chance of the playoffs now.

9 hours ago, old codger said:

His race has been run he is a yesterday man just as Rhino was a nowhere near man.  This season, next season, sometime actually never with this manager.

If we had not given Mellon such a long contract, I’m not sure he would be safe.

And if the rumours are true, he may well walk at the end of the season…

I don’t actually think we were bad yesterday. First half was very even. Shocking defending by Sutton by not stepping up and failing to clear the ball. 

second half we were brighter had all the ball but could not put it in the net. We are seriously lacking pace and a number 10 to create chances. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And their top scorer is suspended...

Erm... 1 win in 10.  Terrible home form.  Can't score.   Confidence in bits.  And no doubt Rochdale will be well up for revenge..

3 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I don’t actually think we were bad yesterday. First half was very even. Shocking defending by Sutton by not stepping up and failing to clear the ball. 

second half we were brighter had all the ball but could not put it in the net. We are seriously lacking pace and a number 10 to create chances. 

We weren't bad but it still showed what we are lacking. 

25 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

True.  We played like real promotion contenders...

Again, that isn't what I said. I said we didn't play like a team who had given up playing for their manager. And you've still not pressed the block button...

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What rumours are these?

12 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Erm... 1 win in 10.  Terrible home form.  Can't score.   Confidence in bits.  And no doubt Rochdale will be well up for revenge..

1 win in 10 not ideal. 

Only lost 1 in last 4 at home.

We scored on Friday.

They looked fairly confident in the 2nd half yesterday, albeit a bit powder puff in front of goal.

Rochdale are on the beach.

You've still not pressed the block button...

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

1 win in 10 not ideal. 

Only lost 1 in last 4 at home.

We scored on Friday.

They looked fairly confident in the 2nd half yesterday, albeit a bit powder puff in front of goal.

Rochdale are on the beach.

You've still not pressed the block button...

The problem we had with our starting 11 yesterday is, after Norwood (who has only scored that pen against Chesterfield since returning from injury) our next highest goalscorer was Hallam Hope with 2.  

And stop putting yourself down mate, you aren't that irritating that I need to block you, yet...

3 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

The problem we had with our starting 11 yesterday is, after Norwood (who has only scored that pen against Chesterfield since returning from injury) our next highest goalscorer was Hallam Hope with 2.  

And stop putting yourself down mate, you aren't that irritating that I need to block you, yet...

Hope has actually spoilt us this season and scored 3 (Rochdale, Barnet, Mickleover). 12 points is very achievable over next 4 games. Whether we make the playoffs will probably depend on Halifax and their games in hand, but we're still right in the mix...

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Credible rumours or just some blokes in pub/on X?

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hope has actually spoilt us this season and scored 3 (Rochdale, Barnet, Mickleover). 12 points is very achievable over next 4 games. Whether we make the playoffs will probably depend on Halifax and their games in hand, but we're still right in the mix...

What price do you want on us getting 12pts in those 4 games?

41 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd have more confidence of achieving 4 wins if we had a stronger bench 

Edited by O.A.F.C.
Getting distracted when typing

52 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

This.

One side is 4th the other 9th. There was nothing between the teams yesterday other than a dreadful defending mistake.