59 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

About 1000 I reckon

😳I’m not confident of hitting last season’s figure but I am confident we’ll have sold a damn site more than 1000!

I think we will shift about the same amount as last season give or take come August time. While people maybe still abit pissed about the fact that we didn't atleast make the play offs come August time after we've seen abit of movement in and out of the squad plus people have not had their football fix for 3-4months then you will see a return to optimism. Despite going on a retchid run Micky Mellons approval ratings are quite high 2/3rds want him to stay compared to David Unsworth around Jan 23 where 90% wanted him sacked. That can change pretty quickly certainly if we carry on the form of the last 10 games last season into the first 10 games of next season then I cant see him lasting. Their is clearly still alot of respect for the owners and what they've done plus Oldham fabs are pretty stubborn anyway, lets face it the amount of crap weve put up with then its going to take more than a poor end to the season to get us to change the habit of a lifetime. So you might see an initial slow take up by expect us to be pushing upto the 3500-4K mark come August.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think we will shift about the same amount as last season give or take come August time. While people maybe still abit pissed about the fact that we didn't atleast make the play offs come August time after we've seen abit of movement in and out of the squad plus people have not had their football fix for 3-4months then you will see a return to optimism. Despite going on a retchid run Micky Mellons approval ratings are quite high 2/3rds want him to stay compared to David Unsworth around Jan 23 where 90% wanted him sacked. That can change pretty quickly certainly if we carry on the form of the last 10 games last season into the first 10 games of next season then I cant see him lasting. Their is clearly still alot of respect for the owners and what they've done plus Oldham fabs are pretty stubborn anyway, lets face it the amount of crap weve put up with then its going to take more than a poor end to the season to get us to change the habit of a lifetime. So you might see an initial slow take up by expect us to be pushing upto the 3500-4K mark come August.

Cant see many people paying full price this year. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Cant see many people paying full price this year. 

Rarely people do, but the point Im making is that I just don't see a particularly big drop off in season tickets if their is one at all.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Rarely people do, but the point Im making is that I just don't see a particularly big drop off in season tickets if their is one at all.

I disagree, you'll get a better idea though when all those seats from those that dont renew go live on the 17th.

I can tell you first a fact though that the take up has been poor in comparison to last year and sales will be down for this season.

I renewed at ticket office this afternoon and asked. He said it had picked up in the last week or so, and he thinks we are at about 2500 or thereabouts. 
Worrying numbers. 4500+ last season, which I presume includes the half season tickets. I vaguely remember it was around 3700 last season under early bird if memory serves me right. 

36 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Bradford have sold 13000 and they're still shit.

Our average attendance for last season was almost 7k including 4.5k ST holders and tbh, for what was on offer, that is phenomenal.

We’ve been starved of any sort of success for so long that with a proper season and promotion at the end of it I have no doubt that figure would be up around 9k or even more!

To be fair Bradford have over twice the population of Oldham and at £349 after their early bird offer they are actually £46 cheaper than ours for the division above.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

I renewed at ticket office this afternoon and asked. He said it had picked up in the last week or so, and he thinks we are at about 2500 or thereabouts. 
Worrying numbers. 4500+ last season, which I presume includes the half season tickets. I vaguely remember it was around 3700 last season under early bird if memory serves me right. 

About what I posted above.

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

Club should be pushing them out but they are silent this year. If we can get 3k+ season tickets i still think its a decent number for this level

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Club should be pushing them out but they are silent this year. If we can get 3k+ season tickets i still think its a decent number for this level

I agree, all seems very quiet from the club at the minute. Last season we saw update's every 500 they sold I think, and nothing this year on any topics.

1 hour ago, oafcmb said:

Constantly pushing the early bird date on social media - the only silence is regarding numbers sold. Obviously not as good as last year - but that is hardly surprising. 

It will pick up but this season there will be far more 'pay on the day' customers who will wait and see and pick and choose.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What do people actually want the club to say? Everyone already knows they're on sale - not sure there's need for the club to make any grand statements about it...

People need something to moan about here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People need something to moan about here

People also need something to be enthused about….the comments from MM have hardly helped the cause and have probably dampened the prospects of a promotion campaign for many.

I’ve already bought mine but there will be a fair few who are still undecided.

A few positive comments from our CEO wouldn’t have gone amiss whilst we are trying to sell season tickets don’t you think?

• Like 2

I completely fail to understand the obsession with some on here over the need for the club To Put Out A Statement.

As @Lee Sinnott points out, the STs are on sale. If anyone wants one, you know what to do. If you don’t want one, calm down and wait for August to come around. It’s not difficult.

• Like 3

I don't think it'll be dramatically less. The amount of fans to declare staunchly on social media that they won't be getting one only for doing a massive u-turn and get one ("I'm going to give them one last chance") has been ludicrous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

People also need something to be enthused about….the comments from MM have hardly helped the cause and have probably dampened the prospects of a promotion campaign for many.

I’ve already bought mine but there will be a fair few who are still undecided.

A few positive comments from our CEO wouldn’t have gone amiss whilst we are trying to sell season tickets don’t you think?

Who cares what the CEO said. All people who run clubs that make predictions about where they want to be next season or in 5 years time are normally wrong

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't think it'll be dramatically less. The amount of fans to declare staunchly on social media that they won't be getting one only for doing a massive u-turn and get one ("I'm going to give them one last chance") has been ludicrous. 

Attention seekers?