MATCH: Wealdstone (H) 20/04/24

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Talking of Macclesfield they would beat us comfortably at the minute, play a similar way to us with John Rooney playing the CDM role that Mcghahey has been playing, got some real quality on the flanks Tre Pemberton was quality at rightback with Kane Drummond equally impressive in front, Luke Duffy played played well on the left but he's still not quite ready for the step up, they brought him in to replace James Berry when he signed for Chesterfield. Of the others the keeper Byrne is better than what we have along with the lad who played on the left of the two centrehalf Mendy who was good on the ball and but has a mistake in him, Owalabi who I recommended a couple of years ago played upfront on his own and did a good job for the team. I think they are on the up and a crowd of about 4000 isn't too bad for that level.

Might be facing Ashton Utd in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And Benny Couto.

Be a good test for Couto, Pemberton and Drummond down the right flank for Macc could both play at our level at least and I suspect are interesting scouts from the EFL.

Edited by yarddog73

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes I think they'll be strong favourites and probably should be given their respective budgets. 

Ashton no pushovers, a very competitive team.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Sounds like a section of knob heads to me!

It was if they couldn't wait for us to go behind. What Fondop thought of it who knows, one minute none of them are fit to wear the shirt, the next he is gods number 9.