MATCH: Wealdstone (H) 20/04/24

Just now, League one forever said:

Lads. .

Say what you want. 

Dissect what what you want. 

He’s won game in 14 - and any manager at any football is under massive pressure with that return. 

yep exactly and the frightening thing is the majority are signed up next year to play for him again. Either he moves a load out or we are in for same next year 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Lads. .

Say what you want. 

Dissect what you want. 

He’s won 1 game in 14 - and any manager at any football is under massive pressure with that return. 

That’s True, what a shit show 

16 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Salford perhaps, Tranmere, Bradford. I reckon a fair few league 2 teams would be interested. For what it's worth I think binning off our best player because he's pissed off that we're shit might not be the best idea. Instead id try to look at making us not shit by getting rid of the terrible players (and possibly the man in charge)....

It’s about value for money. He may be our best player but if binning him frees up budget and (it’s a big if) it’s spent wisely then we can have a better team overall. The case is made by reference to his salary. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

True!  Looks like from open play Fondop and Norwood will have a pretty similar goals per minute record this season.  Nobody would have suggested that as recently as March

It's a shame we can't get proper xg stats for our strikers from say the start of the year, would be interesting to see how big a drop of Norwood has had.

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

It’s about value for money. He may be our best player but if binning him frees up budget and (it’s a big if) it’s spent wisely then we can have a better team overall. The case is made by reference to his salary. 

If that's the only way to improve the rest of the squad then it's probably a sacrifice we have to make, but given he came in late in the day, I'm not sure that's the case....

10 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

It's a shame we can't get proper xg stats for our strikers from say the start of the year, would be interesting to see how big a drop of Norwood has had.

I really couldn't care less abut xg stats!  I want g stats!  That said I don't think I've watched a game this season where he has failed to score a 1 on 1, starting in about the third minute of the season at Southend  Take half of those and....

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 7:24 PM, PeteG said:

We should be doing, he's got at least 2 good years left in him at this level. I'm happy to build a side around him for the next 2 years if it means he gets us back in the football league. From League 1 down to the National League it's difficult to build a team around anyone regardless of age because if they are above that level it's likely they will get bought. That's not the case with Norwood, he's dropped down to get the club back up. Simple, build the team around him!

39 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Don’t think i am aware of anyone making a case for that 

There's one. I couldn't be bothered finding the few others who said similar

16 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Norwood frustrated, attitude clearly not happy must kill moral. If we can’t surround him with the quality that keeps him happy we are better without. 

• Like 1

They played in Brazils colours and we looked in awe if their slick excellent passing.

Their number 2 played like Socrates with his calmness and immaculate distribution. 

Our players can't even pass a ball 5 yards to a colleague. 

Add a lack of desire to that and its a downhill slope.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

They played in Brazils colours and we looked in awe if their slick excellent passing.

Their number 2 played like Socrates with his calmness and immaculate distribution. 

Same last season. 

Wealdstone have become our nemesis. 

Fucking Wealdstone. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Was no 2 Jack Cook who's grandad played for Latics apparently?

Sick of every team looking way better than us. 

Release as many as we can and sack MM as this has been a disgrace. 

We made the mistake last season keeping Unsy, giving him a summer and hands on recruitment. It will end in tears with Mellon.

Lets get as clean a slate as we can and go from there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It’s every week. I mean how can sheron be pro centre mid with composure and passing like that. He can’t have hoofed it at other clubs surely. How can MM constantly accept that. Sheron misses his intended target by 15/20 yards some times. There’s others as well. What are they doing on the training ground, as we’ve seen literally no progress 

Just now, aaronoafc said:

We made the mistake last season keeping Unsy, giving him a summer and hands on recruitment. It will end in tears with Mellon.

I saw the sense in giving him the summer,  not anymore- there’s too many under contract who haven’t performed under him, and 1 in 14 win is pathetic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

It’s every week. I mean how can sheron be pro centre mid with composure and passing like that. He can’t have hoofed it at other clubs surely. How can MM constantly accept that. Sheron misses his intended target by 15/20 yards some times. There’s others as well. What are they doing on the training ground, as we’ve seen literally no progress 

Of all that shit today you pick out the guy who was in the pitch for ten minutes?

7 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Always works for us this. We've been doing the same thing for 30 years, but it will definitely work this time 

• Like 1

I mean he stays for me but fuck me their is a big job to do this summer it doesn't need repeating how bad its been in the last quarter of the season  but if they don't get it right Mellon will come under pressure very quickly. It might be the biggest summer of his career.

We finish 8 points outside the play offs all we had to do to finish inside them was to beat Fylde, Wealdstone and Kidderminster at home and that would have been enough are all those teams part time?

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Always works for us this. We've been doing the same thing for 30 years, but it will definitely work this time 

You can't just keep a dud in charge on that basis though.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

I mean he stays for me but fuck me their is a big job to do this summer it doesn't need repeating how bad its been in the last quarter of the season  but if they don't get it right Mellon will come under pressure very quickly. It might be the biggest summer of his career.

We finish 8 points outside the play offs all we had to do to finish inside them was to beat Fylde, Wealdstone and Kidderminster at home and that would have been enough are all those teams part time?

That’s just wanted me to slit my wrists..