MATCH: Wealdstone (H) 20/04/24

10 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Got to get Norwood off the wage bill. That won’t be too challenging I wouldn’t have thought. Will free up some decent funds in one hit 

Who would pay what we're paying? 33 year old with a dodgy hamstring and an attitude problem

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Someone Twitter has put- 

Nors wanted out in Jan because he was moaning about his deal, and wanted his win bonus putting in his base salary because we weren’t winning enough games, and wanted his taxi’s to and from Leeds paying because he’s banned from driving. 

Maybe it’s bollocks, but that’s a detailed thing to make up. 

January would have been a strange time to suggest we werent winning enough games since we clearly were at that point. Our trajectory, at that point, had it been maintained would have seen us finish 3rd perhaps. 

Edited by AndyB2

Just now, True Tic said:

I thought he lived this neck of the woods? 

When we first signed him he was living in Manchester. Not sure if that's changed but he is banned from driving so it would have been a bit of an odd move.

The last few games should have been work to set us up for next year so we can start well. Haven’t seen anything to suggest any progress has been made. Mellon rapidly losing credibility and will need to start well next year 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Who would pay what we're paying? 33 year old with a dodgy hamstring and an attitude problem

Perhaps not what we are paying him but if he wants a move there will be lots of takers given his track record. Can’t say that for many others 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Truly awful making them look like Brazil, they could have scored 7.

Something tragically wrong. Literally not made a stride forward in positioning tactics or passing in months 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Salford perhaps, Tranmere, Bradford. I reckon a fair few league 2 teams would be interested. For what it's worth I think binning off our best player because he's pissed off that we're shit might not be the best idea. Instead id try to look at making us not shit by getting rid of the terrible players (and possibly the man in charge)....

• Like 2

Just now, doctor evil said:

Salford perhaps, Tranmere, Bradford. I reckon a fair few league 2 teams would be interested. For what it's worth I think binning off our best player because he's pissed off that we're shit might not be the best idea. Instead id try to look at making us not shit by getting rid of the terrible players (and possibly the man in charge)....

Although he appeared to be delighted when Mellon signed

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

This is a guy people want a team building round next year...

I wouldn't say build a team around him, but if we start next season without him I can guarantee we'll have a worse striker upfront...

4 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I wouldn't say build a team around him, but if we start next season without him I can guarantee we'll have a worse striker upfront...

But you can't guarantee we'll have a worse team.  

Just now, doctor evil said:

It would be impressive if we managed it

True!  Looks like from open play Fondop and Norwood will have a pretty similar goals per minute record this season.  Nobody would have suggested that as recently as March