MATCH: Wealdstone (H) 20/04/24

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Of all that shit today you pick out the guy who was in the pitch for ten minutes?

not about today though is it. That’s just a prime example of what we’ve seen. Outplayed most weeks, inability to pass, rinse repeat no improvement over and over. Sutton right back when he’s been woefull another. Can’t say he’s got any better as season gone on can u really 

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Always works for us this. We've been doing the same thing for 30 years, but it will definitely work this time 

We didn’t last year. Turned out well didnt it?

Edited by aaronoafc

Just now, deyres42 said:

You can't just keep a dud in charge on that basis though.

But getting rid of the manager and the whole squad just leaves us in the same situation we've been in every season for the last 15 years. I give the new manager and players 3 months before the Dark Fruits Army start chanting against them, and We'll start the cycle all over again. I'm done with it 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Always works for us this. We've been doing the same thing for 30 years, but it will definitely work this time 

Guy- no one loves failing, no loves the fact we are shit. No one loves the fact we go on long winless runs. No one advocates that sacking the manager will definitely bring success. 

The manager has told us numerous times that this summer will be difficult, he’s told us his hands are tied. That means a lot are here next year.

We can’t sack 20 players. 

He’s won 1 game in 14. 

What do you want? Blind loyalty just to say we’ve stuck with a manager??? 

Just now, League one forever said:

Guy- no one loves failing, no loves the fact we are shit. No one loves the fact we go on long winless runs. No one advocates that sacking the manager will definitely bring success. 

The manager has told us numerous times that this summer will be difficult, he’s told us his hands are tied. That means a lot are here next year.

We can’t sack 20 players. 

He’s won 1 game in 14. 

What do you want? Blind loyalty just to say we’ve stuck with a manager??? 

Nope. Just voicing my frustration that we're going to be in the same place this summer that we've been in every summer for as long as I can remember. A new manager who won't last the season. A squad full of new players i can't even be arsed learning the names of. The same teams from places I've never heard of outclassing us. Surrounded by the same toxic dickheads at every game. I can't spend my money on it anymore. I'm done

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

But getting rid of the manager and the whole squad just leaves us in the same situation we've been in every season for the last 15 years. I give the new manager and players 3 months before the Dark Fruits Army start chanting against them, and We'll start the cycle all over again. I'm done with it 

That’s fine. 

What is your solution? 

The football is poor, the results are terrible. 

Are we special case, where we say- the number one thing is continuity - it must come above results. If we do that, the manager effectively gets a free pass. 

What you want is understandable but totally unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Nope. Just voicing my frustration that we're going to be in the same place this summer that we've been in every summer for as long as I can remember. A new manager who won't last the season. A squad full of new players i can't even be arsed learning the names of. The same teams from places I've never heard of outclassing us. Surrounded by the same toxic dickheads at every game. I can't spend my money on it anymore. I'm done

I was responding to the above when I saw this. 

I get it mate. It’s awful. Can understand why you feel that way, we all need a break. 👍🏻

The main objective for this years business plan was a minimum a play off position.

Someone needs to fall on their sword but I wonder who will fall first.

It’s an a resounding  corporate management failure at the highest level and their are serious questions that need asking.

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

That’s fine. 

What is your solution? 

The football is poor, the results are terrible. 

Are we special case, where we say- the number one thing is continuity - it must come above results. If we do that, the manager effectively gets a free pass. 

What you want is understandable but totally unrealistic. 

I was responding to the above when I saw this. 

I get it mate. It’s awful. Can understand why you feel that way, we all need a break. 👍🏻

I can totally understand why people want Mellon gone tbh, and my early posts were a bit dickheadish, I think the last two years have really fatigued me. I've been going for 27 years and every season just blurs into one, it feels like every season no matter what happens its the same outcome. I went for a cake and a coffee with the missus whilst the game was on today and forgot it was even an early kickoff, I've been worn down. Like you say, i think I need a break. Apologies if I came across as a prick to any posters above, I'm frustrated as the rest of you 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

not about today though is it. That’s just a prime example of what we’ve seen. Outplayed most weeks, inability to pass, rinse repeat no improvement over and over. Sutton right back when he’s been woefull another. Can’t say he’s got any better as season gone on can u really 

Also nowhere near our worst player this season

14 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

That’s just wanted me to slit my wrists..

I mean I wouldn't go that far and hope you don't either. But still even with alot of poor performances this season we still weren't that far away from getting in the play offs I mean turn 3 defeats into 3 wins and we'd be there and there would still have been plenty of games where we shit the bed. It's tough getting out of this league no doubt about it but it's far from impossible, certainly not in our situation.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Shit happens but for whatever reason 1 win in 14 is unacceptable. I don’t think any manager in any league would survive with a record like that!

If the majority of this squad are here next season and under this manager then it’s obvious to me we’ll be fighting a relegation battle!

I’ve heard a lot of things today from pretty reliable sources which indicates there are serious problems in and around the dressing room.

There has to be some truth in it because that was just shit again.

IMO there were only 3 players giving their all today, Sutton, Gardner & Fondop. It’s happening far too often, something is definitely not right!!

• Like 2

There was a point when the Wealdstone defence had the ball and no-one went towards them to intercept, so they just stood still with the ball.

Eventually I think it was Gardner who jogged forward to get the game going again.

If ever a passage of play summed the season it was that for me.

3 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The main objective for this years business plan was a minimum a play off position.

Someone needs to fall on their sword but I wonder who will fall first.

It’s an a resounding  corporate management failure at the highest level and their are serious questions that need asking.

Agree. Hard not for that to be someone on the board. They stuck with Unsy, they gave interim manager 6 games and managed to piss off redfearn. They appointed Mellon, they sanctioned the contracts for players who look short of what is needed past this season. I’d want to see at least one go for failing top 7 

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

There was a point when the Wealdstone defence had the ball and no-one went towards them to intercept, so they just stood still with the ball.

Eventually I think it was Gardner who jogged forward to get the game going again.

If ever a passage of play summed the season it was that for me.

Agree. watch Fondops second. Barely anyone celebrates with him. No enthusiasm at all from many 

8 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I can totally understand why people want Mellon gone tbh, and my early posts were a bit dickheadish, I think the last two years have really fatigued me. I've been going for 27 years and every season just blurs into one, it feels like every season no matter what happens it’sthe same outcome. I went for a cake and a coffee with the missus whilst the game was on today and forgot it was even an early kickoff, I've been worn down. Like you say, i think I need a break. Apologies if I came across as a prick to any posters above, I'm frustrated as the rest of you 

I’ve been literally watching paint dry today, as I need to put another coat on the wall before Monday- it’s been my best Saturday for ages. 😁

17 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We’ve had him here 7 months now and he is over 30 games in.

You would expect to see what a Mellon team might look like by now….if it’s this then fuck me!!!

He keeps saying he knows what a good player looks like yet his signings have been truly horrendous….

Conlon is totally disinterested, Sachdev doesn’t know if he’s on his arse or his elbow, Hammond looks like he’s never played football before, Dallas couldn’t trap a bag of cement and Walker…well what about Walker?

He knew what he was inheriting here and took the job on knowing that….I cannot think of a single positive he has brought to the table!

Have you seen anything…and I mean anything at all, to suggest Mellon is the man to take us forward?

Edited by oafc1955
  • Thanks 1

For the resources we have to hand, it’s bloody poor where we are. We can only hope things do fall into place somehow. Mellons previous tells me we should stick with him but 1 win 14 is it? That’s appalling . 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Surrounded by the same toxic dickheads at every game. I can't spend my money on it anymore. I'm done

You need to join us in the main stand where it's much less toxic than the other stands and I've been in them all this season. Assuming you're not in the main stand already 😂

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

56 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve had him here 7 months now and he is over 30 games in.

You would expect to see what a Mellon team might look like by now….if it’s this then fuck me!!!

He keeps saying he knows what a good player looks like yet his signings have been truly horrendous….

Conlon is totally disinterested, Sachdev doesn’t know if he’s on his arse or his elbow, Hammond looks like he’s never played football before, Dallas couldn’t trap a bag of cement and Walker…well what about Walker?

He new what he was inheriting here and took the job on knowing that….I cannot think of a single positive he has brought to the table!

Have you seen anything…and I mean anything at all, to suggest Mellon is the man to take us forward?

Absolutely nothing!!

However much we feel we don't want to start again, I'd bin him now as he has lost the players and many of the supporters.

Not sure who we would get but a dour sour Scotsman clearly isn't the answer...😬

Mellon post match:
“We looked knackered”
“They’ve all got contracts for another year”
and the best one…
“I don’t understand why people don’t understand”
Plus

“There’s more going on…”
“We’re imbalanced”
“ It’s what I inherited”
Etc etc
And when the interviewer asked MM why the season had fallen to pieces, he denied it, saying we had played some top teams and accused Alan of “lazy journalism” 
😱

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Mellon post match:
“We looked knackered”
“They’ve all got contracts for another year”
and the best one…
“I don’t understand why people don’t understand”
Plus

“There’s more going on…”
“We’re imbalanced”
“ It’s what I inherited”
Etc etc
And when the interviewer asked MM why the season had fallen to pieces, he denied it, saying we had played some top teams and accused Alan of “lazy journalism” 
😱

Yes, very poor to shoot down the interviewer. 

Blamed everyone but himself saying his task was impossible.

• Like 1