Neil Eardley

So i guess he was made captain to reward him signing a new contract etc.....

But in my opinion we should flog him and get some cash to balance the books. He has an ear peice in during matches with Ronnie Moore whispering 'hoof it up the line'........

I don't get it the one time he did pass to feet a good move followed so why just punt into the channels? It aint just today he is regular at doing it!

Guest sheridans_world

His best game of the season today, made some FANTASTIC runs, some brilliant crosses and actually came past the half way line.

If he plays like that every game, make him captain every game!

I thought the 5 who played at the back all had good games today, I'm sorry I can't say that about the midfielders, including the so-called MOM.

it seems that midfield which is the dept. shez should know most about creating as he was a midfielder. he has completely muffed.

His best game of the season today, made some FANTASTIC runs, some brilliant crosses and actually came past the half way line.

was you drunk by any chance today? :o

them balls he does were he hoofs it down the wing are the most pointless things.

it results in two things. flick on by ricketss then we lose it

or

we some how get a throw in which we also lose it.

at times today he did do a bit of running and take it inside and do a short pass but very rare!!

OMG you must be joking!!!!! As soon as we saw eardley was captain we knew we would loose.

Think about it, Sheridan has ALLEGEDLY lost the dressing room why else make him captain when theres more experienced players on the pitch and better leaders?

ALLEGEDLY Sheridan had his hands in his pockets and stood doing nothing all game.

Have we just got used to this ALLEGEDLY dire cr@p for people like yourself to come out with eardley had a good game?

you need to see more football mate.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I think if we get an offer good enough we should offload. But you cant blame the kid for just lining it every time, its mostly the manager thats telling him to, so maybe Shez will notice and encourage a more passing approach - Passing: what made Shez great, you would think he'd cotton on.

I agree that Eardley had a good game. MOM for me! It amazes me we get such differing views, but I can understand booing the result but I thought we were not worthy of the defeat. Okay, I am no fool, we were not great but every defender had a decent game today. Stam did nothing wrong when he came on, Trotman won almost every header and not even Gregan would have been able to do anything about the goal, it was possession lost by Davies that led up to it... with no assistance from the midfeild.

We lost the game in midfield, preferring to bypass it with the long ball, or the pass square by the forwards. Don't get me started on Taylor... very poor again today.

I thought Eardley did ok today, nothing special though. Bertrand did well at left back too. I thought Ricketts was excellent in the first half and played some lovely balls through and how Davies didnt score when he played him in i'll never know. The central midfield needs sorting out, and why on earth did shez bring Allot on for JP, there both defensive midfielders and we were losing!! What was most evident was that we had no leader on the pitch today, even our senior players like Lids and Ricketts are quiet players and when Allot came on who was captain at Chesterfield he didnt open his mouth either

Guest sheridans_world

Always the same two being negative.... anyway moving on from them.

Earldey's 'hoofs' up the wing, while i suppose technically it is a hoof, many times Davies or Rico have latched onto them and a chance has come from them, give him a break, he gets the ball to the strikers feet, where we want it.

why on earth did shez bring Allot on for JP, there both defensive midfielders and we were losing!!

See now....after the discussions about Gary Mc and the Shez rhetoric about McD and his training being spot on....the only possible change had to be, throw Gary on and give the lad 20mins to see what offer, the hungry lad can give us! Yep, I've said he ain't in my starting XI and to be honest, I'd like someone else to try in his place (someone with more pedigree) but we're in League One, the squad depth is what it is and in chasing a game you don't throw on a CDM in place of the previous CDM. You stick on someone who'll run at the defence infront.

Yep, I'm critical of Shez. But I do hope he'll see it and at present this is his education. As for Eards being captain...why not? Eards over the past 3 games has been the most reliable and is the only one....bar Marlon, who's place is secure IMO. And he's an international at present....maybe others could actually learn a bit from him for once? After all....with things going wrong.....it's worth trying out.....and if that's the reason we'll lose, as Kyle suggests, then it's time to close the gates on BP and us all go home! No point trying owt else again at all! Ever!

Eardley had a good first half when we were all over Northampton. We just seem to be going in at half time and coming out a different team. When he came back out, all he seemed to be able to do was lump it forward.

Regarding Macca.......I definitely would have brought him on for JP- I think he could have actually changed the game.

I have a bias opinion because i think that Eardley is a steaming pile of horse manure who should not be playing for us or wales for that matter. But i think today yet again he had a bad match. He managed one decent ball in the whole 90 minutes and i think that if anyone is stupid enough to buy him then get rid as soon as we can.

, it was a total lack of creativity from midfield.

We've had a total lack of creativity from midfield all season, this coincides with the loss of Wellens who created the majoity of everything we did and unfortunately has not been adequately replaced.

Edited by Hometownclub

The only way we are going to get goals is by getting the ball down the flanks and behind defences. Unfortunately Eardley just won't stop hoofing a long diagonal ball toward the oppositions centre back.

Maybe it's not all his fault - We all know Liddell won't take a man on, so why give him the ball? We could always move Lids inside where he is most threatening, and switch Taylor to the right where he might form an understanding with Eardley, and those overlapping runs that we need from Full Backs may just start happening.

The ball was whipped across only a couple of times on Saturday, but one of them provided Ricketts' best chance with a powerful header at goal - that's what we need more of.

As for our static midfield, if the play is going on in the opponents half, that is where they'll push up to, but when the ball is hoisted over them only to be headed back to our defence, they are always going to play more defensive roles themselves.

There are a lot of criticisms I have with the current squad which are best kept to myself, but the two greatest problems to overcome are the lack of common sense, and the ability to play the simple ball.

So there you have it. Switch Taylor, stop the hoof, think about your next move and keep the passing simple. It doesn't take a quality manager to introduce those measures.

The only way we are going to get goals is by getting the ball down the flanks and behind defences. Unfortunately Eardley just won't stop hoofing a long diagonal ball toward the oppositions centre back.

Maybe it's not all his fault - We all know Liddell won't take a man on, so why give him the ball? We could always move Lids inside where he is most threatening, and switch Taylor to the right where he might form an understanding with Eardley, and those overlapping runs that we need from Full Backs may just start happening.

The ball was whipped across only a couple of times on Saturday, but one of them provided Ricketts' best chance with a powerful header at goal - that's what we need more of.

As for our static midfield, if the play is going on in the opponents half, that is where they'll push up to, but when the ball is hoisted over them only to be headed back to our defence, they are always going to play more defensive roles themselves.

There are a lot of criticisms I have with the current squad which are best kept to myself, but the two greatest problems to overcome are the lack of common sense, and the ability to play the simple ball.

So there you have it. Switch Taylor, stop the hoof, think about your next move and keep the passing simple. It doesn't take a quality manager to introduce those measures.

Can't see how Neal Eardley is getting the flak on this thread the worst Oldham player on saturday was Neil Kilkenny who had his worst game in a blue shirt in my opinion followed by the rest of midfield which is clearly the week point in the team at the moment.

I have a bias opinion because i think that Eardley is a steaming pile of horse manure who should not be playing for us or wales for that matter. But i think today yet again he had a bad match. He managed one decent ball in the whole 90 minutes and i think that if anyone is stupid enough to buy him then get rid as soon as we can.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You get my nomination for 'prize' of the week

IMO Eardly had a decent game to day. Midfield was poor all game, and got worse in the second half! The strike force were getting the ball every now and then but not taking there chances! I cant understand why on earth Davies keeps running out wide, and when he does pass the ball why he doesn't go into the centre and try for goals. It seems to me he'd be much happier playing on the wing :-s.

Defence was ok today. nothing special but not deserving of the any flak. nothing was really wrong. Eardly may keep hoofing it down the field, but isnt that what greegan does under pressure aswell? At the end of the day he's a defender and if he blasts the ball down the flanks everyime it goes to him then fair play! it keeps the ball away from our area! I think Eardly is a great player. and we should keep him a couple of years yet. he's only 18 and I think he will grow alot and be a big player in the game 1 day!!!

Eardly may keep hoofing it down the field, but isnt that what greegan does under pressure aswell? At the end of the day he's a defender and if he blasts the ball down the flanks everyime it goes to him then fair play! it keeps the ball away from our area!

If you are happy to watch players hoof the ball when they have 30 yards of space round them, then you have no right to complain about our predicament at all. It is about working the ball into an advantageous position and capitalising. NOT smacking it and hoping for a defensive error.

As for Gregan, I agree totally - he does hoof it, which is why I prefer Stam, whose first seven clearances on Saturday all found a blue shirt, and the eighth was mis-read by Kalala. (I suggest Sean watches Stam as closely as some of us did on Sat).

Trotman also kept a close eye on where he was putting the ball - the defence as a whole weren't bad, and Eardley is a promising defender - but he's got to start linking up with a capable winger, not punting upfield.

I think alot of the problem is the fans expectations of the poor lad. I mean, even since the rumours of Liverpool sniffing around everybody on here believes hes a world beater and the second his performances dont match up to it all your on his back.