Fan Power Can Make The Difference

Everyone at the moment feels down and peed off but we have to now channel positive ideas togther and not allow this negative situation to gain momentum !

Lets use this thread to direct our Positive thoughts and ideas at each other and those at the club - especially TTA!

The next week will be a tough time, everyone has a job to do which starts now and continues on what will surely be a cold afternoon on Sat !

Lets get behind the club, remember we are the 12th man ...

E-mails of encouragement are welcomed, if you can do anything lets all do it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't have put it better myself mate!!!

It's no secret that TTA were very despondent yesterday (and who can blame them!?) but it's now up to us to show them that we're here and we're not quitting on them... our council does not represent our views on this club and it's future!

We succeed together, we fail alone.

Keep The Faith and back TTA!

There are several threads regarding last night's travesty but if you want to make a difference, then please read this and take some action if you can spare the time.

Today is a massive massive day.

Last night went against us but we can make a difference today. Moaning won't help so let's do something positive.

I have spoken with Alan Hardy this morning and he wants us to continue the fight. TTA are not happy and there is a meeting planned for today to discuss the way forward. At the moment, things are bleak but we can turn that around.

Everyone who cares about Latics can do something. Whether it is writing to The Chron; Advertiser or Manchester Evening News. More importantly, email or telephone your Councillor and ask them to justify The Council's decision. Why not write to your MP and try to put pressure on The Council that way?

This may have a positive impact on The Councillors and will show the Club you care and may make TTA look on things in a different light come their Board Meeting this afternoon. Tell us on here what you have done. That way, Alan can use the evidence to show how the Latics Army are behind TTA and it may help sway their decision. Alan will use this thread - plus the emails of support that he has received to show how much we are prepared to do in order to right this wrong.

Whatever you do, please make sure it is positive. Goading the Councillors will not work and will make them less inclined to change their mind. Be positive and constructive - persistent and forceful.

We only need two of them to change their vote and then things will look a whole lot better. We possibly could get a result before Christmas. I am trying to get the details of The Councillors who voted against the proposal and will post their details on here. One is Roger Hindle who can be contacted at roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk. I've written to him. You can too and it would be better if you were in his Ward as it may focus his thoughts on re-election time.

We can make the difference! TTA's Blue and White Army!

There are several threads regarding last night's travesty but if you want to make a difference, then please read this and take some action if you can spare the time.

Today is a massive massive day.

Last night went against us but we can make a difference today. Moaning won't help so let's do something positive.

I have spoken with Alan Hardy this morning and he wants us to continue the fight. TTA are not happy and there is a meeting planned for today to discuss the way forward. At the moment, things are bleak but we can turn that around.

Everyone who cares about Latics can do something. Whether it is writing to The Chron; Advertiser or Manchester Evening News. More importantly, email or telephone your Councillor and ask them to justify The Council's decision. Why not write to your MP and try to put pressure on The Council that way?

This may have a positive impact on The Councillors and will show the Club you care and may make TTA look on things in a different light come their Board Meeting this afternoon. Tell us on here what you have done. That way, Alan can use the evidence to show how the Latics Army are behind TTA and it may help sway their decision. Alan will use this thread - plus the emails of support that he has received to show how much we are prepared to do in order to right this wrong.

Whatever you do, please make sure it is positive. Goading the Councillors will not work and will make them less inclined to change their mind. Be positive and constructive - persistent and forceful.

We only need two of them to change their vote and then things will look a whole lot better. We possibly could get a result before Christmas. I am trying to get the details of The Councillors who voted against the proposal and will post their details on here. One is Roger Hindle who can be contacted at roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk. I've written to him. You can too and it would be better if you were in his Ward as it may focus his thoughts on re-election time.

We can make the difference! TTA's Blue and White Army!

Inspiral, is there any way we can find out the names of the 11 councillors that voted on the issue last night to email them?

My local councillor is Bashforth, and I'll be emailing him to ask him to justify the decision which was seemily based on personal opinion and conjecture, and asking him why - when he said that he would defer to his deputy during this meeting - he decided to chair the meeting and excert a considerable amount of prejudicial personal opinion on the fact that he found the traffic 'figures' difficult to believe.

I also intend to challenge them on the loss of the Clayton Sports Hall which is a privately owned facility and one which is currently shut anyway.

Inspiral, is there any way we can find out the names of the 11 councillors that voted on the issue last night to email them?

My local councillor is Bashforth, and I'll be emailing him to ask him to justify the decision which was seemily based on personal opinion and conjecture, and asking him why - when he said that he would defer to his deputy during this meeting - he decided to chair the meeting and excert a considerable amount of prejudicial personal opinion on the fact that he found the traffic 'figures' difficult to believe.

I also intend to challenge them on the loss of the Clayton Sports Hall which is a privately owned facility and one which is currently shut anyway.

I'm trying to get the list Dan.

I'll post it as soon as possible along with all Contact Details.

Can anyone help out with a list of MPs etc? I'm a bit behind with my Oldham Politics!

I'm trying to get the list Dan.

I'll post it as soon as possible along with all Contact Details.

Can anyone help out with a list of MPs etc? I'm a bit behind with my Oldham Politics!

Oldham Council

Cllr Hugh McDonald, 32 Silverdale Drive, Lees Oldham OL4 3DX 0161 652 6532 cllr.h.mcdonald@oldham.gov. uk

Cllr David Jones, 25 Ashton Crescent, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 8HE 0161 682 5143 cllr.d.jones@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Riaz Ahmed, 157 Frederick Street, Oldham OL8 4DA 0161 652 3819 Cllr.r.ahmed@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Sid Jacobs, 120 Foxdenton Lane, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9QR 0161 624 6542 cllr.s.jacobs@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Jeremy Sutcliffe, 51 Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham OL8 4LU 0161 652 7388 cllr.j.sutcliffe@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr David Hibbert, 28 Moreton Street, Chadderton Oldham OL9 0LT 0161 620 5637 cllr.d.hibbert@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Peter Dean 193 Grange Avenue, Werneth, Oldham, OL8 4EF 0161 628 6859 cllr.p.dean@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Aileen Bell, 53 Dalton Street, Failsworth, Manchester M35 0DU 0161 688 5010 cllr.a.bell@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr John Johnson 49 Dalton Street, Failsworth. Manchester M35 0DU 0161 688 7620 cllr.j.johnson@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Jean Stretton, 20 Carnarvon Street, Hollinwood, Oldham OL8 3PW 0161 682 0526 cllr.j.stretton@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Stephen Williams, 73 Wood Park Court, Whitebank Road, Oldham OL8 3JL 0161 345 6264 cllr.s.williams@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Fida Hussain, 49 Newport Street, Werneth Oldham OL8 1RE. 0161 626 5263cllr.f.hussain@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Shoab Aktar, 227 Windsor Road, Oldham OL8 1AE 0161 287 2005 cllr.s.aktar@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Gerald Ball, 15 Tuns Road, Fitton Hill, Oldham OL8 2PT 0161 652 9464 cllr.g.ball@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Stephen Bashforth, 53 Penthorpe Drive, Royton Oldham OL2 6JL 01706 290313 cllr.s.bashforth@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Phil Harrison, 31 Saffron Drive, Moorside, Oldham OL4 2PU 0161 624 2717 cllr.p.harrison@oldham.gov.uk

Cllr Jean Jones, 25 Ashton Crescent, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9HE 0161 682 5143. Cllr.j.jones@oldham.gov.uk

Just need to know who voted for and against us now..

Everyone at the moment feels down and peed off but we have to now channel positive ideas togther and not allow this negative situation to gain momentum !

Lets use this thread to direct our Positive thoughts and ideas at each other and those at the club - especially TTA!

The next week will be a tough time, everyone has a job to do which starts now and continues on what will surely be a cold afternoon on Sat !

Lets get behind the club, remember we are the 12th man ...

E-mails of encouragement are welcomed, if you can do anything lets all do it.

True, although everyone mightilly peed off but as you quite rightly said, everyone (including us) have a job to do. and I suppose ours is to show TTA that we are right behind them, and we are going nowhere!!!!!!!!!

Here we go people. Names supplied by Oldham Council

Against

Steven Bashforth Royton South

Roger Hindle St James'

Javid Iqbal Werneth

Tony Larkin Royton North

Keith Pendlebury Hollinwood

Philip Rogers Chadderton North

Christine Wheeler Saddleworth South

Remember, if contacting them, keep it positive and don't get drawn into animosity as it won't help our cause.

For :) :-

Rod Blyth Shaw

Barbara Dawson Failsworth East

Jean Jones Medlock Vale

Jeremy Sutcliffe Chadderton North

I am also contacting the Councillors who voted in our favour. Mainly to thank them for their support but also to ask why they came to that decision. This made help us to understand the thought process of those who voted against the proposals.

Blyth; Dawson; Jones and Sutcliffe.

Against :angry: :-

Bashforth (!); Hindle; Iqbal; Larkin; Pendlebury; Rogers; Wheeler.

I will get their contact details and Ward info posted as soon as I can.

Remember, if contacting them, keep it positive and don't get drawn into animosity as it won't help our cause.

Im trying to write a posative email but I just cant do it.....been at it for an hour now.....

Blyth; Dawson; Jones and Sutcliffe.

Against :angry: :-

Bashforth (!); Hindle; Iqbal; Larkin; Pendlebury; Rogers; Wheeler.

I will get their contact details and Ward info posted as soon as I can.

steven.bashforth@oldham.gov.uk;

roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk;

javid.iqbal@oldham.gov.uk;

tony.larkin@oldham.gov.uk;

keith.pendlebury@oldham.gov.uk;

philip.rogers@oldham.gov.uk;

christine.wheeler@oldham.gov.uk

I think these are right!

I think these are right!

:angry:

Just found out that Keith Pendlebury is my Councilor

:angry:

Here's an idea. If the club have been involved in any way with your kids' school, a charity you are involved with, visited someone you know in hospital, anything along those lines - get the headmaster, fundraiser, yourself, whoever to write to the councillors emphasising the positive work they do and expressing concern at the danger posed by this decision. IT will show that the issue is wider than just football fans.

Dear All (three different MEN news desks - ed),

First, apologies for copying in three different departments, I was unsure as to who this related the most.

As you may or may not be aware, Oldham Athletic last night put forward a planning application which was to see the currently historic, yet tragically dilapidated, Boundary Park transformed into a 21st century football stadium for the community.

Not only did it intend to provide top class fan facilities, it also offered bar and restaurant services which would have greatly improved the income of the club during match days.

In addition to this it incorporated both business suites, conference facilities and a hotel - which would provide the Oldham business community with much needed resources and the Club with 24 x 7 x 365 income which is so vital to a town club like Oldham where attendance and fan commitment alone are not enough to survive. In addition it contained plans for much needed housing for the area, of which plenty was "key worker" housing aimed at the staff of the Oldham Royal hospital.

Last night, in front of over 100 supports of the project, and many Oldham Athletic officials, the Oldham Council rejected the application 7 votes to 4, due mainly to their concerns over the traffic impact (this despite a detailed report from the Highways Agency which SUPPORTED the application) and the profit made from the housing (ludicrously estimated by one councillor to be £100million!!!).

This story may not have the glamour of one of the big Manchester teams, but it's a devastating blow to Oldham Athletic, who's owners (lovingly dubbed "The Three Amigos" after saving the club from the brink of administration) are now seriously considering walking away, as their weekly losses - rumoured to exceed £50,000 - are no longer a reasonable going concern for their business strategy.

This club (once a Premiership-fairytale and FA-cup giantkiller) has tried, and is trying, to work it's way out of it's hardships with smart business practice and commitment from fans, owners and employees. But the naïve actions of the Oldham Council have put a massive dent in the plans... it's now a distinct possibility that a town with no Cinema (the only town of it's size in the country without one), no Bowling Alley or many other commercially ran social facilities could soon have no professional sports team!

On behalf of the Oldham Athletic faithful, I implore you to back our campaign to get this development back on track and to give the people of Oldham a 21st century development to be proud of... just look at what Stadium development has brought teams and deprived communities such as Hull !!

If there are any contacts, information or anything else I can provide please do not hesitate to contact myself or the club (who I'm certain would be more than happy to hear from you).

Hopefully awaiting your response,

Stephen A****,

"We are all gutted and we have no further desire to work with the council. This has been four years in the making and it all ends here."

It shouldn't though. Once last attempt with an appeal may proove successful so why give up now? Obviously he's going to be upset but who isnt? Come on Simon don't let the council win!

I think these are right!

I'm going to email them to ask:

Why they went against their officers' advice on national traffic and planning criteria when the application was only in outline form; and

why they allowed issues raised by individual Councillors to go unchallenged such as:

the proposed redevelopment "looking like 60s' Russia" (when that view was formed from looking at a plasticine model, but the Applicant had stated that this would be a quality residential development);

the time taken to get off B & Q car park on a match day (when match-day scenarios have to be ignored as the Stadium is already there and was there before any of the houses); and

the profit to be made from the development calculated roughly by one Councillor at £200,000 a unit, hardly 60s' Russia (which, having raised it, even he admitted is not a valid factor to be considered in planning matters).

I shall also write to the local newspapers.

If anyone wants to use any of my points it might be best to rephrase and juggle them so that it doesn't look like an orchestrated email assault.