Fan Power Can Make The Difference

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

I have emailed all cllr's in favour and will await their repsonse before emailing the cllr's who rejected the application.

I am in the middle of typing a letter to the Chron, Observer and MEN, also copying in the times.

I have received an email from Alan Hardy thanking those who took the trouble to be there last night. He says:

We will have to reflect on last night's decision and consider what is now the best way forward but I fear the worst for the club as the owners are losing patience with Oldham Council. What the Chairman of the planning committee told us in front of the residents in previous meetings was that there was no way the application could be turned down on planning issues but then last night did his best to convince everyone that figures produced from 2 separate traffic assessments was wrong beggars belief.

I will do my best to convince the owners that the Council should be challenged on this decision but the immediate reaction last night was 'why bother'.

Thanks again for your support and to everyone who supported us last night, the turn out was just what we wanted.

Regards

Alan

These are desperate times and we must give TTA every encouragement to go back to the Council. It's understandable that they're thinking 'why bother', but it we can bombard them with goodwill messages of encouragement, they might just get back on the horse and ride to the Council Chamber for a reconsideration of the outline planning application.

Let's act NOW in time for today's board meeting. The wrong decision from that meeting means the end of TTA's long-term involvement with the Club.

We cannot have that on our collective conscience by saying if only we had one more to prevent it.

Send emails to:

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

simon.blitz@oldhamathletic.co.uk

danny.gazal@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Copy to: alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I have received an email from Alan Hardy thanking those who took the trouble to be there last night. He says:

We will have to reflect on last night's decision and consider what is now the best way forward but I fear the worst for the club as the owners are losing patience with Oldham Council. What the Chairman of the planning committee told us in front of the residents in previous meetings was that there was no way the application could be turned down on planning issues but then last night did his best to convince everyone that figures produced from 2 separate traffic assessments was wrong beggars belief.

I will do my best to convince the owners that the Council should be challenged on this decision but the immediate reaction last night was 'why bother'.

Thanks again for your support and to everyone who supported us last night, the turn out was just what we wanted.

Regards

Alan

These are desperate times and we must give TTA every encouragement to go back to the Council. It's understandable that they're thinking 'why bother', but it we can bombard them with goodwill messages of encouragement, they might just get back on the horse and ride to the Council Chamber for a reconsideration of the outline planning application.

Let's act NOW in time for today's board meeting. The wrong decision from that meeting means the end of TTA's long-term involvement with the Club.

We cannot have that on our collective conscience by saying if only we had one more to prevent it.

Send emails to:

email sent

Send emails to:

Simon, Danny, Simon,

This is just a quick note to offer support for you today.

Whist I appreciate the frustration you must feel with a body who acts counter to logic and reasoned advice and opinion, please do not let this frustration impede what you, and we, have worked so hard for.

I believe we have a common goal, albeit for different reasons, and jointly we will overcome what will turn out to be (with hindsight) minor setbacks.

As I'm sure you know, a planning appeal will go to the Planning Inspectorate, who must act with impartiality and responsibility especially with regard to a development which included key-worker provision.

It is also not beyond possibility that due process within OMBC has not been followed, and that this decision is not valid.

Please be assured that, we the fans, support you and will do our best to help in whatever capacity.

We have a flag which has its roots in past dark days and I think the sentiment is appropriate today. It says "Keep The Faith".

regards

Richard Slater

As much as I am at pains to say this, I vote for the club to move out of Oldham, somewhere where the local council will welcome TTA's proposals with open arms. Oh, and I'll be voting either BNP or Conservative until I move from the area.

not really the point - TTA won't take us out of OMBC to Tamesdie or elsewhere and another council accept TTA's proposals. The club will either fold or be 'moved' elsewhere and the extant outline PP for housing will be progressed on the land that TTA own.

Stupid thing is that will generate more trafic in the long run than the proposal they declined last night.

Edited by OminousPoultry

I know what you're thinking, but what can you do? I work hard, pay my taxes etc. and see nothing to benefit me or my family. I've served my country for 12 years living in various places. This decision has just confirmed the massive mistake I made coming 'home'. :huh:

not really the point - TTA won't take us out of OMBC to Tamesdie or elsewhere and another council accept TTA's proposals. The club will either fold or be 'moved' elsewhere and the extant outline PP for housing will be progressed on the land that TTA own.

Stupid thing is that will generate more trafic in the long run than the proposal they declined last night.

I know, how short sighted are some people?

There are several threads regarding last night's travesty but if you want to make a difference, then please read this and take some action if you can spare the time.

Today is a massive massive day.

Last night went against us but we can make a difference today. Moaning won't help so let's do something positive.

I have spoken with Alan Hardy this morning and he wants us to continue the fight. TTA are not happy and there is a meeting planned for today to discuss the way forward. At the moment, things are bleak but we can turn that around.

Everyone who cares about Latics can do something. Whether it is writing to The Chron; Advertiser or Manchester Evening News. More importantly, email or telephone your Councillor and ask them to justify The Council's decision. Why not write to your MP and try to put pressure on The Council that way?

This may have a positive impact on The Councillors and will show the Club you care and may make TTA look on things in a different light come their Board Meeting this afternoon. Tell us on here what you have done. That way, Alan can use the evidence to show how the Latics Army are behind TTA and it may help sway their decision. Alan will use this thread - plus the emails of support that he has received to show how much we are prepared to do in order to right this wrong.

Whatever you do, please make sure it is positive. Goading the Councillors will not work and will make them less inclined to change their mind. Be positive and constructive - persistent and forceful.

We only need two of them to change their vote and then things will look a whole lot better. We possibly could get a result before Christmas. I am trying to get the details of The Councillors who voted against the proposal and will post their details on here. One is Roger Hindle who can be contacted at roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk. I've written to him. You can too and it would be better if you were in his Ward as it may focus his thoughts on re-election time.

We can make the difference! TTA's Blue and White Army!

Quite agreed mate. I've mailed Councillor Bashforth as I live in Royton South and I've emailed my support to TTA.

Guest sheridans_world
Bit stuck at work at the moment, had a bit of an idea - has anybody emailed the local radio stations, BBC Mcr, Rev etc?

Cheers Rummy, i'll do it now.

Edit: Emailed both

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Talksport with John Gaunt, ha.

Edit: I can hear it now 'and the murders want to build a new stadium I SAY NO!'

Edited by sheridans_world

I have sent the following to cllr. bashforth copied to alan hardy ans simon corney

as an expat I am proud of my antecedents. my oldham roots go back over 150 years and my grandfather helped build and develop the town into the vibrant (if rather poor) community in which I grew up. over the years I have watched (from a distance) the decline of the town, supported all too depressingly by visual evidence on my too infrequent visits. I see regeneration elsewhere but simply decline in Oldham (and not too long ago serious rioting on the street where I used to live).

Against this background you cite, in a response to another e-mail, the need for regeneration but, in turning down the proposals for the development of Boundary Park, the need to consider the impact on the greater community. Would you do the courtesy of explaining what overriding negative impact this development would have and how you would expect to attract inward investment in the light of the planning committee's decision.

footy68 - talking rubbish again. Look at those who voted. The only Conservative on the Planning Committee VOTED AGAINST!!!

Please don't let your own political prejudices muddy the waters at a time like this!

Enlighten me please!

As for the ins and outs of who voted I don't care. The Labour AND LD's have done nothing constructive to help either Professional sporting club. Remember Sportspark 2000? Was it £7 million to draw up plans and talk about it over tea and bicuits and say......NO. The Council in this town are only interested in things which are for the good of the 'multi-cultural society' and not the town.

Now call me a racist!

Enlighten me please!

As for the ins and outs of who voted I don't care. The Labour AND LD's have done nothing constructive to help either Professional sporting club. Remember Sportspark 2000? Was it £7 million to draw up plans and talk about it over tea and bicuits and say......NO. The Council in this town are only interested in things which are for the good of the 'multi-cultural society' and not the town.

Now call me a racist!

Your a racist :P Well, you did ask me to :)