Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

I'm in as are my two younger cousins I bring to games.

As drum kid says we are in this together :)

Just done a quick count of numbers who have specifically said they are going (plus how many they are bringing) and we have passed the 100 mark.

This is going to be BIG!

Keep spreading the word, to pull this off in such a short space of time would be amazing.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

I am looking for a megaphone at the moment, bit 80's but will work with the idea of

Solo: 'what do we want?'

All: PLANNING PERMISSION

Solo: 'when do we want it?'

All: NOW

Also the 'everywhere we go' could be a suggestion?

People please bring positive messages to this march, 'PLEASE STAY T T A, PLEASE STAY T T A'

Guest sheridans_world
Just done a quick count of numbers who have specifically said they are going (plus how many they are bringing) and we have passed the 100 mark.

This is going to be BIG!

Keep spreading the word, to pull this off in such a short space of time would be amazing.

If those 100 all bring a friend, thats 200....

If those 100 all bring a friend, thats 200....

Got a feeling there will be more than that buddy.... and if there isnt we will still make it sound like 2000!!!!

... I see they have branded this a protest march on the Fishal - for me, that is not what this is... it is a SUPPORT march, we are joining together to support our Town, our Club and most importantly the Three amigos... we will get this through if they reappeal, there is no doubt after this backlash, but we have to show them we believe in them and everything they have done for our club... and that they will eternally have our support and belief in what they are trying to do for us...

to The Three amigos - thank you, we believe in you... and this is a SUPPORT rally... there is no point in protesting against idiots like the people on the panel... but through supporting our club and our owners we WILL secure the future of our club...

Definitely count me in - and my husband who is not a Latics fan but will be converted before Saturday if I have anything to do with it. The camaraderie (spelling?) on here is wonderful - all of us together - brings a lump to the throat - lets hope we can get through this and come out with the right result. See you all on Saturday.

I'll be there representing Boundary Blues. We have over 400 members, if the football club goes out of business because of the :clown::clown::clown::clown: at the council, what will happen to those 400 6-16 year olds every week?!! They will have to find something else to do, goodness knows what though as this town has no bowling, no cinema, no leisure facilities for teenagers!!

Now then, what can we put on banners?

I'll be there representing Boundary Blues. We have over 400 members, if the football club goes out of business because of the :clown::clown::clown::clown: at the council, what will happen to those 400 6-16 year olds every week?!! They will have to find something else to do, goodness knows what though as this town has no bowling, no cinema, no leisure facilities for teenagers!!

my friend is bringing a bed sheet to school tomorrow and we are writing

COUNCIL, WHOEVER YOU MAYBE,

YOU'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORY

FOR SHUTTING THE DOOR ON OAFC

CHANGE YOUR MIND AND DONT LET IT BE

on the banner

LATICS 'R' US

with the letter R reversed of course!

my friend is bringing a bed sheet to school tomorrow and we are writing

on the banner

Make sure he's washed it first!! :grin:

This might be my old scouting days coming through, but yer can't have a proper march without a drum! :grin:

I'll let you into a little secret.

When I was 13, I used to march in the same Boy's Brigade troop as Councillor Roger "Just Say No" Hindle. Last night was the first time that I'd seen him in 30 years.

He still hasn't replied to my email! :angry:

I'll be there, definitely.

Don't post on here that often anymore (I know, I should do more) but I'd like to say congratulations on some fantastic work today from everyone. If there's anything that I can do to help (besides turning up, obviously), please let me know.

I've been working away for the last few days but recieved a text message last night with the decision. I felt sick to the stomach.

But out of the ashes comes this...................................................... The finest display of passion and camaraderie I have witnessed in over 20 years of following Latics. I'll be there on Saturday and thanks to all involved for setting this up; legends!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

I'm considering ducking out of work early tomorrow and jumping on the train down to be a part of this

Its a week before pay day so im skint and im not sure how work would react to me having another "doctors appointment" but i think this would be more than worth it

I'll let you into a little secret.

When I was 13, I used to march in the same Boy's Brigade troop as Councillor Roger "Just Say No" Hindle. Last night was the first time that I'd seen him in 30 years.

He still hasn't replied to my email! :angry:

Do you have his e-mail address? I used to work with him many moons ago and to be honest he was a right prat then. He hasn't changed much, except for a massively expanded waistline, no doubt due to those council lunches that we all pay for.

Back then he was, or claimed to be, a Latics fan, so I need to remind him of that, amongt other things.

just an idea for a chant, focused on the councils decision

Just brilliant them words

With this much support how can anyone not want to come along

That's 2 from Warwickshire coming along

:grin: