Barry Owen Chron Comments

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked on the playershare boost thread last week how I could sign up online and didn't get an answer...I know paying on the gate is the biggest way of supporting but I only have Latics Player subscription and pay on the gate every 5 him games or so at the mo...the unbeaten run has probably made that every 4 games now and signing up to plsyershare...

My point is people will be taking notice and starting to dig a but deeper slowly but surely...not just turning up on a Saturday when they probably have other commitments these days!

I replied to the playershare thread. The form isn't yet on the webseite. It's being reformatted as there were problems getting it on latics website, in the chron and in the program. Www.laticsplayershare.co.uk

On there are all the details to set up a standing order or paypal payments. Once the online form is live i will publicise it.

Just out of interest and this won't directly or even indirectly affect our crowds, so probably in the wrong thread altogether....Maybe!

What are the OWTB members thoughts on this. Do you think if that OAFC had someone working within the English FA after being invited to do so, would OAFC be in a good position to have listening ear's in the power establishment? and would this be a great thing to have?

Simple answer - from what I have seen this would be bad for us and bad for football at large.

Really Lees. You think having someone within the FA would be bad for Latics. That does surprise me, however you replied to the question which is good.

I don't think Barry's ideas are generally progressive ones, so I don't think him putting his view of what would be good things to do would help us or anyone else. I'm only guessing but is he positive towards safe standing, does he fight ordinary fans' corner against poor treatment by Police and security? As for him communicating back, these threads speak volumes.

I will agree some wording could have been better. Did you disagree with the sentiment?

Personally, yes, I did.

It wasn't well worded PR spin encouraging new or lapsed fans to come to BP on the back a freshly launched reduced ticket initiative, taking advantage of the recent upturn in form.

It was yet another rant, with no message attached other than a "were pissed off you dont come to games, and if winning a few games doesnt bring you back, we dont know what will anymore"

It could & should have been a decent opportunity to take advantage of the current form of the side, for Latics - a relative feel good factor around the place, and seek to draw in a few floating 'fans' off the back of it with an offer or something to entice them in.

But it wasn't.

It really, really wasn't that at all.

Personally, yes, I did.

It wasn't well worded PR spin encouraging new or lapsed fans to come to BP on the back a freshly launched reduced ticket initiative, taking advantage of the recent upturn in form.

It was yet another rant, with no message attached other than a "were pissed off you dont come to games, and if winning a few games doesnt bring you back, we dont know what will anymore"

It could & should have been a decent opportunity to take advantage of the current form of the side, for Latics - a relative feel good factor around the place, and seek to draw in a few floating 'fans' off the back of it with an offer or something to entice them in.

But it wasn't.

It really, really wasn't that at all.

Exactly this...

I am as excited as the OAFC fan next to me about our recent form, and good PR and engagement to channel that into getting more money out of my pocket is the way to take hold of this opportunity for all it is worth. Not damning the limited customer base we have for not shelling out the minute we look like we have a team that can play. The recession has programmed us as individuals to seek good value for money and it is only very recently that OAFC performances are starting to look worthy of the price tag...

I am actively trying to get more viewing time into my diary these days and a bit of encouragement and help doing that would probably go a long way....think any comms should go to the business minded people going forward rather than the bobby

What Barry could have said;

The club were very pleased with the increase in the number of home fans attending the Bradford City match and intends to build on this by introducing several cut price initiatives.

The board wants SportsDirect.com Park bursting at the seams to encourage the team in their quest for promotion.

Look out for some special offers for the forthcoming home league matches against Crawley, Yeovil Town and Crewe, also a discounted block ticket scheme from January until the end of the season.

Edited by BP1960

Here's my reply to Bazza, as I too didn't attend the Bradford match and therefore am seemingly one of the fans he's having a pop at. I'm been fine-tuning it last night and today. It's ready now.

Dear Barry

I was on :censored:ing holiday in Spain you mong.

Kind regards,

Frankly Mr Shankly.

Here's my reply to Bazza, as I too didn't attend the Bradford match and therefore am seemingly one of the fans he's having a pop at. I'm been fine-tuning it last night and today. It's ready now.

Dear Barry

I was on :censored:ing holiday in Spain you mong.

Kind regards,

Frankly Mr Shankly.

Watch it Mr Shankly, the club might follow the schools example by fining you for going on holiday instead of being in attendance.

I'm one of five (that I know of) regulars away in Eindhoven for the weekend for the Crawley game. One always takes his lad, two more of us often do.

We should have cleared this with Barry, shouldn't we.

Barry is going to be livid, I cant make the Crawley game either, weekend away with the wife, hope Barry understands.

Nooooooo.......you need an authorisation slip....tut.....naughty harry and naughty disjointed...go and stand in your corner with you hands your head until either:

1) you need to set off for the Bristol match tomorrow

2) you need to turn the radio on to find any commentary at 2.30pm tomorrow

There could be a strapping involve too, well I'm old skool.I got a strapping once and missed being on cheggars plays pop, but that's another story.....not unless you make monetary compensation to playershare of....wait for it, wait for it.....1p

By Jove that's it.....you can't attend a game, donate some dosh to playershare or buy something on easyfundraising.

Show your support in another method maybe....just a thought.

You all ought to be fined with the money going to Playershare. :wink:

Heheh, money spent on the posters around the ground and printing off of the newsletter has cost me enough this month.

Let's not forget I'm contributing a pressie to the 100th confirmed standing order of the playershare member too. No wonder I can't afford a seson ticket with absence notes mind

Apologies also for my absence been in Costa del Sol for half term. Did send substitutes, but will be at every game between now and Christmas at least.

Hmmm want do you think chaps is an acceptable absence slip...with other substitutes too.

Shall we accept?

Oh go on then.

Don't let it happen again be mindful of the impact of your absence on pies, pints and programmes too.

Heheheh

The club will only accept a doctor's note as evidence of not attending home matches.

Have you had your flu jab?

Are we setting a standard now bp....oo harsh Dr or hospital appointment only. You heard it here first on OWTB

I've not had a flu jab does this mean I'm now barred too?

Are we setting a standard now bp....oo harsh Dr or hospital appointment only. You heard it here first on OWTB

I've not had a flu jab does this mean I'm now barred too?

You must admit it's a long time since we had an healthy crowd at SportsDirect.Com Park.

Nooooooo.......you need an authorisation slip....tut.....naughty harry and naughty disjointed...go and stand in your corner with you hands your head until either:

1) you need to set off for the Bristol match tomorrow

2) you need to turn the radio on to find any commentary at 2.30pm tomorrow

There could be a strapping involve too, well I'm old skool.I got a strapping once and missed being on cheggars plays pop, but that's another story.....not unless you make monetary compensation to playershare of....wait for it, wait for it.....1p

By Jove that's it.....you can't attend a game, donate some dosh to playershare or buy something on easyfundraising.

Show your support in another method maybe....just a thought.

I hate to break this to you but I'm in Malmo when we play Crawley