Dean Holden not long term solution...

I continue to be amused that anyone thinks there is any money to throw at a new manager. We lost against Preston because of the psychological blow of our manager deserting because he could see the ship was about to sink so he jumped first and due to a common hamsting injury problem.

The players were down and the quick goal defeated whatever positivity there was. It will get better!

I continue to be amused that anyone thinks there is any money to throw at a new manager. We lost against Preston because of the psychological blow of our manager deserting because he could see the ship was about to sink so he jumped first and due to a common hamsting injury problem.

The players were down and the quick goal defeated whatever positivity there was. It will get better!

I continue to be amused that anybody thinks LJ 'jumped'

I suppose Simon had a word with him on the lines of we are skint could you spend your time drawing up portfolios and applying for jobs and in the mean time we won't sell any players in the January window even if other clubs are interested and you can sign another striker take Wilkinson on loan and so on.....

Pushed or Jumped, Pushed or Jumped.....

I would just like to see Dean where a nice suit.

Look the part, players will respect you as the part - not as the mate coach from training.

Maybe they'll bother to mark their men at crosses if they're being watched by someone who looks, as well as talks, like they really mean business

Someone's been watching too much Series 1 of the Wire.

Think it will be important for the new man to be prepared to work with both Lockwood and Holden I think we should keep both on for the sake of continuity.

Problem is new managers usually bring in their own team, if its Dowie though being out of the game he might keep them.

Have we got Lockwood for another year?

Edited by BP1960

Problem is new managers usually bring in their own team, if its Dowie though being out of the game he might keep them.

Wasn't Holden around during our Dowie years? Might have a relationship already.

True but we would have enough room for a new man and for him to bring in assistant and still keep Lockwood and Holden in there until the end of the season then assess the situation.

I've just watched his Latics Player post match interview and I'm open to the idea of him maybe keeping it.

Easy to say after a win I know but, he comes across really well.

I particularly liked what he said about us sitting too deep second half - I had the impression LJ wanted that at 1-0 up, I like the fact that DH doesn't......

Hmmm....

I've just watched his Latics Player post match interview and I'm open to the idea of him maybe keeping it.

Easy to say after a win I know but, he comes across really well.

I particularly liked what he said about us sitting too deep second half - I had the impression LJ wanted that at 1-0 up, I like the fact that DH doesn't......

Hmmm....

I wonder what happens if we win at Yeovil - Dean given to the end of the season?

We never win at Port Vale. Tuesday will be another defeat by more than 2 goals.

I completely agreed with you before the match, lovely that we were wrong.

Maybe Dean is our longed "lucky "manager!

4-0 loss Saturday?

Edited by singe

I completely agreed with you before the match, lovely that we were wrong.

Maybe Dean is our longed "lucky "manager!

4-0 loss Saturday?

5-0 win at Yeovil, the lads will be smarting from that 4-0 loss here.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to see Dean where a nice suit.

Look the part, players will respect you as the part - not as the mate coach from training.

Maybe they'll bother to mark their men at crosses if they're being watched by someone who looks, as well as talks, like they really mean business

Nice work Dean.....

Three points to follow...