OEC & Chaddy End Changes

It seems from many posts that the RRE is going to become party zone central.

I would have thought that many existing Chaddy enders ( myself included) are going to try to relocate to the North stand.

I forgot to mention that there will be a nice new stand to sit in as well. But yeah let's make the rre a party stand, ,in the big bit, if you fancy the new stand get your seats close to the rre. We need to make b.p a place like it was in the glory years, a place where we were one nil up before the game even started

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And alot of the RRE's who were Lookers will be moving to the North Stand as they have first choice, like I said we'll only need the small section.

Get over it will you its a plastic seat at the of the day. You go to WATCH Oldham Athletic not to go and watch the chaddy end. Times have changed and the club needs to progress.

And alot of the RRE's who were Lookers will be moving to the North Stand as they have first choice,

How many years ago was the lookers/Martins/Broadway stand removed? ?

I haven't had a season ticket for a few years now, do you think the club has a secret lookers stand ex season ticket holder 100 page dossier?

Don't know how but they've already saId we've got first option.

Sales will commence at the open days, with former Broadway Stand season ticket holders having the opportunity to reserve seats in the new North Stand on the 27th and 28th April as per the club’s promise when the Broadway Stand was demolished.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

Good god I wish some of you would grow up.. It's a :censored:ing stand!!! And has been a depressing :censored:hole for years it's about time we gave it to the away fans I would sit on a deckchair pissed wet through on the touch line to watch latics - if you won't show up because "we aren't in Oldham's kop" then good riddance to you

Edited by JWhite101

Fans threatening to not renew season tickets due to the clubs sensible idea to move stands is frankly embarrassing. Get a grip and move with the times. Would these fans have refused to renew their ticket if we'd have built a new stadium?

Yep, thats the exact same situation.

How long have credit cards been in existence? 25 years and more probably, so how come the club only accept Cheques, which most places don't even accept any more for season tickets.

It doesn't affect me as I'm neither a RRE or CRE ST holder, but if you want to bang on about moving with the times, how about the club start moving with the times first.

I'm also curious what the average age of those saying that the Chaddy Enders who don't renew are pathetic, because it's only a blue seat is. I wouldn't mind betting the majority of them haven't been alive longer than those people have sat in that seat for 20+ games a season.

We've had people claim they wouldn't be renewing if so and so is made manager, we've had people say they won't be renewing if fans are moved from the RRE more, we've had people say they won't be going if we sign/don't sign a convicted rapist, to say that you won't be renewing over a bit of blue plastic which has been your bit of blue plastic for 20+ years isn't THAT daft in comparison. Especially as it isn't necessary to move our fans out of the end that has been the home end for 100+ years.

Oh for what it's worth I'm in that list somewhere, before anyone points it out.

Can't wait for the away fans to make more noise in the Chaddy next than the RRE next season..

Look on the brightside all the fans leaving due to the stand move will be replaced by the ones who left when the main stand was knocked down. Average crowd won't change :)

Now how do we replace the ones who stop going because we appoint a manager they don't like or if we lose 2 games.....erm :censored: em!

How long have credit cards been in existence? 25 years and more probably, so how come the club only accept Cheques, which most places don't even accept any more for season tickets.

Paid for my first ST in 2009 with my credit card and paid for our STs last may the same way. You tried buying your st online?

I've been paying for my season ticket via switch for some years now and I'm so sorry that I wasn't born early enough to be in the elite latics group but for me in the 25 years I have been going I go to watch football I don't go to sit on a particular seat

Edited by JWhite101

I think deep down the majority realise it was going to happen eventually. Its the club statement that they have consulted the fans when they obviously haven't that's annoys me. If they had would realise it wasn't so cut and dry on who wants to move or not.

If you work for the club and keep reading this board you need to stop using it as a basis of opinion for the whole fan base because the amount of :censored: posted on here daily is not a good platform to base major decisions on.

Do your :censored:ing 'due diligence' properly for once and you may fund that the fans trust your choices more including who you appoint as manager even if its the cheap option.

Can't wait for the away fans to make more noise in the Chaddy next than the RRE next season..

Look on the brightside all the fans leaving due to the stand move will be replaced by the ones who left when the main stand was knocked down. Average crowd won't change :)

Now how do we replace the ones who stop going because we appoint a manager they don't like or if we lose 2 games.....erm :censored: em!

Dear god! I know what you're saying but I don't think we should go that far.

I think you'll find the Chaddy End acoustics are not awful next season.

I don't think we will, truthfully which team last brought an atmosphere to our ground for the full 90 mins? or even 45 minutes? I can't think of a team this season that have managed to make constant noise for a sustained period of time... not even the big followings!

Over the years the club has had several badges, shirts, sponsors, managers, players, owners, terraces, seats, stands, stand names, plastic pitch, grass pitch, catering companies, match day prices, car park prices, season ticket prices, coach companies, coach prices and different members of the blue crew, but its good to see the most important thing to the fans is a f*****g plastic seat.

Will be kinda sad seeing the Chaddy End sparsely populated when the likes of MK Dons bring their 25 fans with them. I know it's not exactly been full in recent years with our own fans, but had some good memories in that stand over the years. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards though!

The fans who stopped coming because we knocked down the lookers will not be coming back just because there is a stand there now.

They have either got in to new habits, got used to spending all the extra money elsewhere or they have died.

The attendances will go up for a short while just for the novelty value, whilst people 'have a look' BUT if we have sold our best players (probably) had a whole new squad who nobody knows (probably) and appointed an uninspiring manager (probably) then its just gona be a temporary spike and back down to 2600 by november.

Balls in your court Corney, dont :censored: it up (probably).

Edited by Monty Burns

Big respect to the club for making this bold - and in my opinion correct - decision.

Yeah some people will bitch and moan, but these are the type of people who love to moan about anything and everything.

From an objective point of view this is such a no brainer.

Actually looking forward to next season now!!

I don't think we will, truthfully which team last brought an atmosphere to our ground for the full 90 mins? or even 45 minutes? I can't think of a team this season that have managed to make constant noise for a sustained period of time... not even the big followings!

neither did Oldham fans including the might athleticos. Why is that going to change?