OEC & Chaddy End Changes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we will, truthfully which team last brought an atmosphere to our ground for the full 90 mins? or even 45 minutes? I can't think of a team this season that have managed to make constant noise for a sustained period of time... not even the big followings!

Yes I'm a miserable old goat but still cannot understand why constant noise is a good thing. I've always thought it should ebb and flow with the game with fans providing support when needed and when provoked.. 90 minutes of meaningless racket regardless of what is happening on the pitch does my head in. I watch far too much football on telly but if Palace are on I'll happily whole away 90 minutes with a sudoku or two.

Yes I'm a miserable old goat but still cannot understand why constant noise is a good thing. I've always thought it should ebb and flow with the game with fans providing support when needed and when provoked.. 90 minutes of meaningless racket regardless of what is happening on the pitch does my head in. I watch far too much football on telly but if Palace are on I'll happily whole away 90 minutes with a sudoku or two.

I suppose it's all about opinions, but I think the palace fans are tremendous. I also take my hat off to our own Athleticos, we've seen some dire stuff at BP this season again, but their enthusiasm can't be faulted.

I agree, there are times when a constant noise can be great such as when most of the crowd joins in the blue and white army chant, or in particular Everton at home in the cup. But all game long? Sometimes less is more. I was in the Chaddy for the Barnsley game and the incessant drumming did my head in.

BTW Dave, they must be tough Sudokus. :wink:

And alot of the RRE's who were Lookers will be moving to the North Stand as they have first choice, like I said we'll only need the small section.

Everyone who sits in the RRE because of it's amazing "facilities" will be relocating won't they? There will be much better "facilities" in the new stand, and that's all anyone cares about isn't it? So, RRE will be dead next season I'm assuming.

Everyone who sits in the RRE because of it's amazing "facilities" will be relocating won't they? There will be much better "facilities" in the new stand, and that's all anyone cares about isn't it? So, RRE will be dead next season I'm assuming.

I'm sticking to the RRE as there is singing in there and it will only get better too

If all the singers move into the new stand though then there won't be singing in there. Unless, it's the RRE that actually makes the noise and not the people in it...

Then it will just be me and my gob....hahah.

For me though, home end is behind the pegs however as it's a new start whose to say the singing section won't be in the new stand.

Let's see

Then it will just be me and my gob....hahah.

For me though, home end is behind the pegs however as it's a new start whose to say the singing section won't be in the new stand.

Let's see

Can the Athleticos talk to the club and make a decision where they will be next season please?

I want to know before I buy my ticket.

If and when the time comes we have a big Cup game and BP sellout - I wonder if we'll be back in the Chaddy and the large RRE given over to the away fans in order to fit more Latics fans in...

Aren't the Chaddy and the large section of the RRE a similar capacity?

Doubt the club are worrying about that just yet. We only just sold out the Liverpool game and had tickets spare for Everton so you'd think they'd probably give the away side the whole RRE or whole Chaddy and hope we sold out the other 8000(?)/10,000(?). I do think it's naïve to talk like the Chaddy will never be open for home fans again though. Corney is trying to sell up and when a new owner comes in they may want to wipe the slate clean. Wouldn't rule out standing being put in there either when that is legalised.

What actually are the capacities of the 3 existing stands at BP?

Edited by NewBlue

Aren't the Chaddy and the large section of the RRE a similar capacity?

What actually are the capacities of the 3 existing stands at BP?

I'm sure someone will have the exact figures. Current capacity published as 10,638.

Approximate figures:

Chaddy End 3,500

RRE (Large) 3,000

RRE (Small) 1,600

Main Stand (Upper) 1,500

Main Stand (Lower) 1,000