The worst pitch in the division?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the groundsman not got a water pump to drain the water away so it gives the pitch more time to recover?

The new pump is at work on the pitch right now;

Edited by BP1960

An ex player told me today that he received a phone call from the club asking if he would play in a match on the pitch next week. The match would be "Simon Corney and friends" against a team of ex pros. The reason that was given for the game was "Simon wanted a kick about and hasn't played for a while..."

An ex player told me today that he received a phone call from the club asking if he would play in a match on the pitch next week. The match would be "Simon Corney and friends" against a team of ex pros. The reason that was given for the game was "Simon wanted a kick about and hasn't played for a while..."

They can play at Chapel Road can't they if they just want a game.

We've got to use the pitch to our advantage. Holloway was excellent today but there is no point playing 2 up top if no one gets close to him or gambles.

This. The amount of times I could call he would win a header long before he did - and yet no other player would attack beyond him was infuriating.

This. The amount of times I could call he would win a header long before he did - and yet no other player would attack beyond him was infuriating.

There was a great header near the end from Holloway which Flynn didn't react to, a goal poacher would have snapped it up and probably won us 3 points.

Maybe the club didn't have the finances to invest/do anything to maintain it in the summer so that's why it's like a bloody sand pit now.

But, it's our pitch and we should know how to play on it

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/summer-update-regarding-sportsdirect.com-park-pitch-3210528.aspx

Looks like the deeper roots have worked wonders!

It's a disgrace that a professional football clubs pitch is worse than the local playing fields next to it that have several games a week played on them.

I genuinely think the groundsman is to blame when he comes back the pitch is dreadful. Only 2 seasons back the guy who left for city had a brilliant surface. This guys loves to fill the pitch with sand!

He said when he came in the grass was mixture of plastic grass and real and talked about last season saying the roots were the problem. Get rid of him.

I genuinely think the groundsman is to blame when he comes back the pitch is dreadful. Only 2 seasons back the guy who left for city had a brilliant surface. This guys loves to fill the pitch with sand!

He said when he came in the grass was mixture of plastic grass and real and talked about last season saying the roots were the problem. Get rid of him.

Really? Are you an agronomist? Grossly unfair to criticise an individual unless you have detailed knowledge.