Bradford

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Which is exactly what Fane does. Wins the ball and plays a simple pass to a more creative player.

He cannot pass f--ing water and actually does not win the ball very often.

As for also not scoring any goals yet and being incapable of winning headers I cannot think of much to recommend him.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

As for also not scoring any goals yet and being incapable of winning headers I cannot think of much to recommend him.

You have actually watched a football match, haven't you? A Latics match, of course.

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Placide

Hamer - Gerrard - Bryan - Moimbe

Fane

McLaughlin - Byrne - Pringle

Davies - Duck

Not thought of Hamer. I've only seen him play there once against Leicester.Maybe worth a go since he has loads of pace and did OK at right back and did a couple of decent runs.Defo an option.Rest of your selection seems fine with me.

55 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Ridiculous comments. Try to be a bit less blinkered and a bit less biased, then people might take your comments a bit more seriously.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I hope he plays every single game from now until the end of the season and drives your blood pressure through the roof!

He’s probably my favourite Latics player this season. Does that make you angry?

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

You have actually watched a football match, haven't you? A Latics match, of course.

Let's not let the actual facts get in the way of a good sarcy comment.

2 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

I hope he plays every single game from now until the end of the season and drives your blood pressure through the roof!

He won't.

23 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Ridiculous comments. Try to be a bit less blinkered and a bit less biased, then people might take your comments a bit more seriously.

Pot/Kettle Been through it with several different midfielders who invariably end up in the 4th division.

Plenty of dummies coming out tonight.

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

He won't.

Pot/Kettle Been through it with several different midfielders who invariably end up in the 4th division.

Put in the team to break down play/tackle and do a simple pass to Byrne/Gardner who then move us forward.

That is exactly what he does. 

Do you want him to have the passing ability of De Bruyne and a Paul Scholes esque laced shot?

He does what is asked of him very well. What isn’t there to understand about that?

Our most attacking successful period came with Fane in the team. Shez didn't fancy him, Wellens understood that to actually score goals you need to have the ball first and brought him straight back in. No wat would we have had that successful spell without Fane being in the team. I can't believe his place in the team is even up for debate.

Completely mindless in this day and age to play football without a ball winner, at any level.

7 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Put in the team to break down play/tackle and do a simple pass to Byrne/Gardner who then move us forward.

That is exactly what he does. 

Do you want him to have the passing ability of De Bruyne and a Paul Scholes esque laced shot?

He does what is asked of him very well. What isn’t there to understand about that?

16 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

He won't.

Just looking at your username. What is it that you actually smoke??? ???

7 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Our most attacking successful period came with Fane in the team. Shez didn't fancy him, Wellens understood that to actually score goals you need to have the ball first and brought him straight back in. No wat would we have had that successful spell without Fane being in the team. I can't believe his place in the team is even up for debate.

Completely mindless in this day and age to play football without a ball winner, at any level.

Agreed 100%

Some people are just blinkered and will never see any of the good work that he puts in.

One things for sure though, having spoken to RW about him, he certainly sees his value to the team, as do Byrne and Gardner.

Still, what do they know eh?!?! ?

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Agreed 100%

Some people are just blinkered and will never see any of the good work that he puts in.

One things for sure though, having spoken to RW about him, he certainly sees his value to the team, as do Byrne and Gardner.

Get a few beers down Wellens and Byrne and see what they really think about Fane. It certainly isn't what they say to the press.

That said, he should still be in the side for me...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Agreed 100%

There are none so blind as those who will not see! 

If you actually watched the games you would see how little he actually adds to the team and what he misses.

It is a game of opinions and you think that others are not allowed to disagree with yours. You are wrong.  My opinion is as valid as yours but it is more correct. :ass3:

Other posters will agree with you but I had the same type of arguments about Wesolowski and Winchester who were both (and ended up as) 4th division players.  Bye x

9 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

I do understand that first point, it is pretty bleeding obvious.

9 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Now this is the point where your argument doesnt hold water. Of a 10 year old might be a start.

BTW he still doesnt head the ball and never scores so you are conveniently missing half of the criticisms which I levelled at him but hey ho each to their own!

He is tall gangly and gets around the field and sometimes wins the ball so you carry on cheering him if you like.  One day he may even score a goal for you.

I expect much more from a pro footballer even from a third division footballer.

I’ve been a fan for a while now but he’s lost his man for a fair few goals lately.

Teams don’t necessarily need a Fane in the side, someone like Stephens when he was here would be ace. Even someone like Matty Lund who’s gone from Rochdale To bradford on loan would be an improvement and someone Byrne would prefer to play with

20 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I’ve been a fan for a while now but he’s lost his man for a fair few goals lately.

Teams don’t necessarily need a Fane in the side, someone like Stephens when he was here would be ace. Even someone like Matty Lund who’s gone from Rochdale To bradford on loan would be an improvement and someone Byrne would prefer to play with

I could be completely wrong but isn’t that matty Lund from burton ? And the Lund that use to play for us is now at Rochdale ? 

No, my post is utter shit - ignore 

Edited by LightDN123

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I do understand that first point, it is pretty bleeding obvious.

Now this is the point where your argument doesnt hold water. Of a 10 year old might be a start.

BTW he still doesnt head the ball and never scores so you are conveniently missing half of the criticisms which I levelled at him but hey ho each to their own!

He is tall gangly and gets around the field and sometimes wins the ball so you carry on cheering him if you like.  One day he may even score a goal for you.

I expect much more from a pro footballer even from a third division footballer.

N’golo Kanté, one of the few true masters of this position only scores 1 goal per season.

Unless you want him to score from the halfway line why on Earth would you expect him to score goals when his sole duty is to stay in the middle and break down attacks?

Anyone would think he gives 10% effort and fannies out of tackles the way you go on.

Does what he’s asked very well. Gives 100%.

Edited by oafc_lover

5 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

N’golo Kanté, one of the few true masters of this position only scores 1 goal per season.

Unless you want him to score from the halfway line why on Earth would you expect him to score goals when his sole duty is to stay in the middle and break down attacks?

Anyone would think he gives 10% effort and fannies out of tackles the way you go on.

Does what he’s asked very well. Gives 100%. End of.

I was going to upboat you until the ‘End of’ ...?

Edited by TheBigDog

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Look at it this way - you're the manager and can pick a team for tomorrow and set it up any way you like.......

with the squad we have do you have a better chance of picking an 11 to produce a clean sheet and a 1-0 win or a 3-2 win? 

1-0 is always shorter odds than 3-2 at the bookies, so maybe that offers an answer to the question....?

29 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

And here we have it in a nutshell-if you can tackle and run around-your a good un.

If you cannot pass, cannot head, cannot see a pass and probably never going to score a goal-this is a midfield player. It doesn't matter.

They always like a 'trier' at BP.

46 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Look at it this way - you're the manager and can pick a team for tomorrow and set it up any way you like.......

with the squad we have do you have a better chance of picking an 11 to produce a clean sheet and a 1-0 win or a 3-2 win? 

Looking at Bradford's goal difference I'd go for the 3-2. 

I think for the majority of teams in our league a 3-2 would be the better option, but not always. 

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

There are none so blind as those who will not see! 

If you actually watched the games you would see how little he actually adds to the team and what he misses.

It is a game of opinions and you think that others are not allowed to disagree with yours. You are wrong.  My opinion is as valid as yours but it is more correct. :ass3:

Other posters will agree with you but I had the same type of arguments about Wesolowski and Winchester who were both (and ended up as) 4th division players.  Bye x

Fane will always divide opinion. The only opinion that actually affects the team though is Wellens’, and he must like him seeing as he always picks him! Perhaps your knowledge of football is greater than our manager.

I agree with you on Winchester, always thought he was weak.

Wesolowski on the other hand though was Player of the Year so he must have had something going for him. The only reason he left for Shrewsbury was for more money, he’s not the first one that has left Latics for that reason. Always thought he was pretty good though.