Bradford

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

He cannot pass f--ing water and actually does not win the ball very often.

As for also not scoring any goals yet and being incapable of winning headers I cannot think of much to recommend him.

I'll go back to your (almost) original post. If you don't think Fane wins the ball very often, you've missed about 75% of his ball winning tackles. 

And that's the point; he does win tackles and comes out with the ball. Not every time, granted, but there are so many midfielders, even in the Greedy League, whose sole purpose is to just win the ball and give it to someone who will create.

Fane doesn't need to hit 20, 30 or 40 yard passes. A simple 10 yarder to the likes of Byrne is all he needs to do. And that worked quite well before.

I know none of this will change your opinion, but please don't insist that your opinion is the correct one as you have done a little further back. The one whose opinion counts most is the one that picks the team. 

I like Fane, he's grown to read the game this season. He breaks up attacking play well, not afraid to but a boot in and all he jneeds to do like Brisol has said, is to get the ball to creative player who can get it in the box.

He's  not great near the box himself..bless he's like a rabbit in the head lights you can almost feel the panick when he's realised he's left the rest of the team behind...hahah. Something we can work on, one aspect of the game at a time with him.

lets keep him

Looks like most  on here feel Fane is an improving player who we signed from Kidderminster following a trial.Also I look at away fans forums and again he regularly gets praised as one of our better players.

Seems he can't please everyone.For me his main assets from day one were his tackling ability ,moving forwards!,and effort .Not the most elegant to watch but it's not a fashion parade. 

Anyway we are getting off the subject matter of the thread and I'm looking forwards to a win against a tough top 6 side tomorrow. 

Whatever team RW selects tomorrow they must all play as a team and help each other out when under pressure .If our wingers can put some decent crosses in for a change and our forwards get in the box we have a chance!!

Please RW ...two up front please at home.

I don't want to see pretty tippy tappy stuff with no end shots around the edge of the box.Get in them from the start and put them on the back foot. 

Fed up of being 2-0 down after a few minutes and then left chasing games.

Placide 

Mcglaughlin      Bryan    Gerrard     Moimbe

Dummigan       Byrne    Fane        Pringle 

Davies   Nazon 

Subs 

Zues

Wilson 

Benyu

Gardener

Edmunson

Holloway

Nepo

Dummigan becoming a liability at RB defensively so I’d swap him with Mcglaughlin, give Dummy a go on the wing because he has good attacking qualites but been poor defensively, this is where I feel we are being caught out by teams with our full backs getting forward far to often and teams are getting down the sides of us on the counter, prime examples was both Plymouth goals last weekend, I feel we are missing Hunt in this case as he’s a very steady defender. Gardener needs a break been poor for a while now not sure what it is, maybe carrying an injury ? Pringle LW getting crosses into Davies and Nazon ! 

Team for tomorrow

Placide 

Trialist      Trialist    Trialist      Moimbe

Trialist       Trialist    Trialist   Nepomuceno 

Trialist   Trialist

23 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Placide 

Mcglaughlin      Bryan    Gerrard     Moimbe

Dummigan       Byrne    Fane        Pringle 

Davies   Nazon 

Subs 

Zues

Wilson 

Benyu

Gardener

Edmunson

Holloway

Nepo

Dummigan becoming a liability at RB defensively so I’d swap him with Mcglaughlin, give Dummy a go on the wing because he has good attacking qualites but been poor defensively, this is where I feel we are being caught out by teams with our full backs getting forward far to often and teams are getting down the sides of us on the counter, prime examples was both Plymouth goals last weekend, I feel we are missing Hunt in this case as he’s a very steady defender. Gardener needs a break been poor for a while now not sure what it is, maybe carrying an injury ? Pringle LW getting crosses into Davies and Nazon ! 

I don't think Moimbe will start, I know he's been here a couple of weeks but he's played a match and a half (in 8 games) since the first week in April 2016. With some justification RW can claim he's been foisted on him.

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Whatever team RW selects tomorrow they must all play as a team and help each other out when under pressure .If our wingers can put some decent crosses in for a change and our forwards get in the box we have a chance!!

Please RW ...two up front please at home.

I don't want to see pretty tippy tappy stuff with no end shots around the edge of the box.Get in them from the start and put them on the back foot. 

Fed up of being 2-0 down after a few minutes and then left chasing games.

Holloway played well under these ground conditions in his previous spell, would RW risk 4-3-3 with Davies and Nazon with him up front?Considering Bradford play 3 at the back and have been leaking goals maybe it's an option?

Edited by BP1960

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Holloway played well under these ground conditions in his previous spell, would RW risk 4-3-3 with Davies and Nazon with him up front?Considering Bradford play 3 at the back and have been leaking goals maybe it's an option?

He does play well when the going is Soft (Heavy in Places) but then tends to ultimately get injured for 3 months too.... 

On 01/02/2018 at 6:49 PM, whittles left foot said:

We played at Shrewsbury without him and the midfield performed well. So the quote above is not true.

Our midfield isn't a midfield without fane. We all know he's not technical and if we could get a better holding midfielder who can spray balls about, that would be ideal. But, without him at this moment in time, we're knackered defensively. Even when he's out of the team, we're not that much better going forwards cause, they don't make runs and/or see a pass and play it quickly enough. 

GK - Zeus 

LWB - Mclaughlin / Nepo

CB - Byrne

CB - Gerrard 

CB - Edmundson

RWB - Dummigan

CM - Fane

CM - Gardner / Pringle

CM  - Byrne

ST - Duck

ST - Davies

Take a little defensive pressure off the wide defenders and let them push on. Zeus for Placide..... Could  argue for both but for me, Placide has pushed too many back out in front of goal. Zeus a bit of an unknown though so im a bit split on that

Edited by Fruitygoo

5 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

GK - Zeus 

LWB - Mclaughlin / Nepo

CB - Byrne

CB - Gerrard 

CB - Edmundson

RWB - Dummigan

CM - Fane

CM - Gardner / Pringle

CM  - Byrne

ST - Duck

ST - Davies

Take a little defensive pressure off the wide defenders and let them push on. Zeus for Placide..... Could  argue for both but for me, Placide has pushed too many back out in front of goal. Zeus a bit of an unknown though so im a bit split on that

I know Byrne is good but he can't play 2 positions at once. Presumably the CB is Bryan. 

2 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Our midfield isn't a midfield without fane. We all know he's not technical and if we could get a better holding midfielder who can spray balls about, that would be ideal. But, without him at this moment in time, we're knackered defensively. Even when he's out of the team, we're not that much better going forwards cause, they don't make runs and/or see a pass and play it quickly enough. 

2 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:
  On 2/1/2018 at 6:49 PM, whittles left foot said:

We played at Shrewsbury without him and the midfield performed well. So the quote above is not true.

So how do these two comments match up in your opinion?

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’d be tempted with Wilson at RB and Dummigan at RW. 

I’d rather Hamer and then Dummigan on the wing. Dummigan should be playing on the ring, he’s horrendous defensively but good going forward, is direct, will take people on and is intelligent

Placide

Dummigan

Bryan

Gerrard

Moimbe

Gardner

Fane

Pringle

McLaughlin

Davies

Nazon

I think he will have Byrne on the bench today. Both he and Pringle were looking to play the same role last week, I think we only need one proper playmaker.

Jack hasn’t quite been ‘at it’ yet since he came back.

Pringle hasn’t impressed me at all yet but RW might just want to give him a chance on his own today, plus he must be getting more match fit now. Worth a try. Especially if Jack is on the bench.