Wellens sacked!

13 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Thats my recollection too..... although for the life of me I can’t recall who was #1, Royle started in ‘82 and left in ‘94, Dario Gradi started at Crewe in ‘83, Brian Clough left Forest in ‘93.....!?!?

When Royle left in 1994 he'd had a year longer as you say than Gradi at Crewe. Clough had by then left Forest (1975-93), so at the time he left BP Royle may have been the longest-serving manager?

Don't remember him being mentioned as such though. Maybe there was somebody else (in the 92 clubs)?

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Scholes was a great player, but would be another rookie. He would definitely need someone like Phelan with him. I'm just not sure he would cut it as a manager.

That could be said for every new manager.....and all the best managers were once a new rookie...... Gerrard..Lampard have both gone into management at clubs much bigger than us... Scholes I would think falls into their type of category...some would argue even better..... I'm baffled sorry...

32 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

That could be said for every new manager.....and all the best managers were once a new rookie...... Gerrard..Lampard have both gone into management at clubs much bigger than us... Scholes I would think falls into their type of category...some would argue even better..... I'm baffled sorry...

That seems more like an argument for Scholes starting out at a higher level than league two.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

That seems more like an argument for Scholes starting out at a higher level than league two.

Yes I agree.. but would I turn my nose up at him...... not at all.... I want to feel good about our club again....

Scholes....feel good factor... I'd say so ...

Edited by maximus1267
More to add
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Yes I agree.. but would I turn my nose up at him...... not at all.... I want to feel good about our club again....

Scholes....feel good factor... I'd say so ...

I.... think.... that.... he.... won't.... even....want,..... the ..... job ....anymore....

18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Love how max’s unbridled positivity has been his downfall in his stated wish to be a viewer rather than a poster ?

Haaaa, What a society we live in when positivity is your downfall.

Ive been a viewer since the start of this site and I was a regular poster on the old JK Latics site.

Last week I thought the board needed a bit of optimism injected and a sense of reality as to why we follow this club.

I have found that some people just cant survive without the constant need for pessimism, doom & gloom and a real sense of negativity in their lives. These people are scared of being positive and upbeat and react by attacking those who are.

Things at the club aren't great no, but its a fecking game of football, means alot to me but its never going to make me into some sad person who only ever sees the negatives about our club.

I'm a fan that's it, let those lucky enough to be involved in our club deal with that side of it.

People come and go in football, that's the way it is. One minute your great and then your not.

Too much shit in this world to spend all your time moaning and groaning on here. What will be will be.

I'll always remain positive and promote positivity to anyone I meet. Home life, work life can be stressful and demanding. Football shouldn't be, unless you let it.

Like I said last week, have a beer and enjoy summer ( its glorious in Cumbria ) and wait for some good news instead of waiting for all the bad.

15 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I have found that some people just cant survive without the constant need for pessimism, doom & gloom and a real sense of negativity in their lives. These people are scared of being positive and upbeat and react by attacking those who are.

Never sat in the main stand i take it? ^_^

17 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Ive been a viewer since the start of this site and I was a regular poster on the old JK Latics site.

Last week I thought the board needed a bit of optimism injected and a sense of reality as to why we follow this club.

Things at the club aren't great no, but its a fecking game of football, means alot to me but its never going to make me into some sad person who only ever sees the negatives about our club.

I'm a fan that's it, let those lucky enough to be involved in our club deal with that side of it.

People come and go in football, that's the way it is. One minute your great and then your not.

Too much shit in this world to spend all your time moaning and groaning on here. What will be will be.

I'll always remain positive and promote positivity to anyone I meet. Home life, work life can be stressful and demanding. Football shouldn't be, unless you let it.

Like I said last week, have a beer and enjoy summer ( its glorious in Cumbria ) and wait for some good news instead of waiting for all the bad.

Sometimes Max everything in the garden isn't always rosy!

I'm glad your life works on remaining positive and promoting positivity to everyone you meet. Your lucky this works for you personally.

However some of us live in the real world, and with Latics there is very little to be positive about at the moment. 

I'm also a fan, of 40 years plus, and its my view that those "lucky" enough to be involved with running of our club, have been, and still seem to still be making a complete fuck up of things. 

Watching the team play regularly over the past 10 years, I am sure most will agree that it's been a pretty bloody difficult place to be positive in over this time time ....with the exception of one or two amazing results or performances.

We can all hope that things get better quickly at the club...lets be honest they cant get much worse (says with hands covering his eyes), but this forum allows us all to have an opinion either positive or negative, and get things off our chests now and again.

Also it may not be reflection of peoples life outside of the forum. Football is an emotive subject and knee jerk reactions and comments are common place on here which is why we read and post on here.

Long may it continue as the world would be pretty boring place if we all had the same lovely views on things...and I'll still have a few beers and relax over the summer with my family regardless.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Sometimes Max everything in the garden isn't always rosy!

I'm glad your life works on remaining positive and promoting positivity to everyone you meet. Your lucky this works for you personally.

However some of us live in the real world, and with Latics there is very little to be positive about at the moment. 

I'm also a fan, of 40 years plus, and its my view that those "lucky" enough to be involved with running of our club, have been, and still seem to still be making a complete fuck up of things. 

Watching the team play regularly over the past 10 years, I am sure most will agree that it's been a pretty bloody difficult place to be positive in over this time time ....with the exception of one or two amazing results or performances.

We can all hope that things get better quickly at the club...lets be honest they cant get much worse (says with hands covering his eyes), but this forum allows us all to have an opinion either positive or negative, and get things off our chests now and again.

Also it may not be reflection of peoples life outside of the forum. Football is an emotive subject and knee jerk reactions and comments are common place on here which is why we read and post on here.

Long may it continue as the world would be pretty boring place if we all had the same lovely views on things...and I'll still have a few beers and relax over the summer with my family regardless.

I live in the real world mate I can assure you.

In a weeks time will be the 1yr anniversary of the loss of my mam.

Everything's not rosy.

But football is football......

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Sorry mate ( londonboy ).

I've read that back and it sounds real shitty....i apologise....

I love the club too....theres just more important things in life than football

No problem Max.....and I wholeheartedly agree!

On 11/06/2018 at 5:59 PM, maximus1267 said:

So you post on here because you are tired of people moaning but then moan about the moaners-remind me how the logic works there then

30 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

So you post on here because you are tired of people moaning but then moan about the moaners-remind me how the logic works there then

I tell you what pal...... wots the point.

I now know why I didn't post for 10 yrs....

Ya buggered if ya positive and ya buggered if your not.....

Crack on with it..... I'll leave it to superior beings like yourself....i give up

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Crack on with it..... I'll leave it to superior beings like yourself....i give up

A sense of humour might have helped

20 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I bet you don't.