My sincere hope is that we are still clearing up from what appears to be a messy takeover which brought the club to its knees. This probably involves getting rid of everyone associated with last season (many of whom it would appear have been scarred by last season and their relationship with the club is beyond repair) - Gerrard will follow quickly after Wellens I am sure. 

This enables us to move into next year with a cleaner slate. I sense Corney made life difficult to AL and would like to think that is the root cause of this mess.

With SC gone we can move forward.

In may be talking bollox. 

To be honest and no disrespect to club employees...but during the transition from one owner to another if Al wanted a straight answer, Simon Brooke would be one of the ones to go too, not being a club employee and all. By the way this was after Al was advised not to both with us..Al went out of his way to find Simon Brooke to find  out more.

Simon has been on hand to advise Al and I think we have seen some improvement with regards to promotional work, communication that has come out of the club of late. Simon has a marketing /media background, so I can understand why Al would want to tap into this help/advice.

if this relationship develops into a job offer then that is between both parties at this stage and yes, the trust/Simon would then look at it as a conflict of interest and I'm sure  would do the right thing.

We are aiming for the AGM to be in July, date and location still to be finalised, so I'm sure we will know more by then

thanks

Edited by underdog

56 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

On a side note - you’ve got into the positives with upboats/downboats - well done!!?

I went up to 22 after people agreed with my posts against Wellens. The walk the league lads got extremely annoyed with the fact that I suggested that such a scenario would be unlikely due to the circus behind the scenes. Seems you have to post poems and be blindly posistive to be upvoated...

This just serves to confirm that the idea of having a single fan representative on the board is a total nonsense, much as it was with our friend Barry.

They can’t talk openly due to commercial or legal sensitivities and in both cases they have ended up working for the club....great  for them but zero benefit to supporters in general

The trust needs a new approach I believe where they have a board of a sufficient size who meet with the owner on a monthly basis and can convey supporters concerns and hopes etc in an independent manner ......of course this is only possible if the owner cares one iota about the fans beyond taking their money.....we’ll find out in due course 

This is not meant in any way as a criticism of Simon who i’m sure has acted with integrity but the realty is he is not independent and never could be in his position as a board member or as part of the management team.

18 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This just serves to confirm that the idea of having a single fan representative on the board is a total nonsense, much as it was with our friend Barry.

They can’t talk openly due to commercial or legal sensitivities and in both cases they have ended up working for the club....great  for them but zero benefit to supporters in general

The trust needs a new approach I believe where they have a board of a sufficient size who meet with the owner on a monthly basis and can convey supporters concerns and hopes etc in an independent manner ......of course this is only possible if the owner cares one iota about the fans beyond taking their money.....we’ll find out in due course 

This is not meant in any way as a criticism of Simon who i’m sure has acted with integrity but the realty is he is not independent and never could be in his position as a board member or as part of the management team.

Look forward to seeing this idea tabled for further discussion at the AGM. Underdog has put out a rallying call to get involved.

the trust is the vehicle to give fans some say in the responsible running of the club. It needs to find the optimum way of achieving that, including in terms of how it is structured. Fans have to drive it though. 

Put the idea forward.

10 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Click on my profile and you can see the usual suspects who downboat me. Just bias innit. I was right but it apparently makes me even more of a cunt.

I only saw one person saying we'd walk the league and we're, and he was doing it with tongue firmly in cheek. 

6 minutes ago, singe said:

I only saw one person saying we'd walk the league and we're, and he was doing it with tongue firmly in cheek. 

Yes but if you said to them we wouldn’t achieve promotion they would be very upset and wouldn’t be able to comprehend it 

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

The trust needs a new approach I believe where they have a board of a sufficient size who meet with the owner on a monthly basis and can convey supporters concerns and hopes etc in an independent manner ......of course this is only possible if the owner cares

To be fair he's been to meet the Trust board 2 or 3 times and is very open to do more, plus fans forums and informal meeting. I think we will see more of this.

4 hours ago, underdog said:

To be honest and no disrespect to club employees...but during the transition from one owner to another if Al wanted a straight answer, Simon Brooke would be one of the ones to go too, not being a club employee and all. By the way this was after Al was advised not to both with us..Al went out of his way to find Simon Brooke to find  out more.

Simon has been on hand to advise Al and I think we have seen some improvement with regards to promotional work, communication that has come out of the club of late. Simon has a marketing /media background, so I can understand why Al would want to tap into this help/advice.

if this relationship develops into a job offer then that is between both parties at this stage and yes, the trust/Simon would then look at it as a conflict of interest and I'm sure  would do the right thing.

We are aiming for the AGM to be in July, date and location still to be finalised, so I'm sure we will know more by then

thanks

28 minutes ago, leeslover said:

To be fair he's been to meet the Trust board 2 or 3 times and is very open to do more, plus fans forums and informal meeting. I think we will see more of this.

It’s very hard from an average fans point of view to have any inkling of what is or has gone at the club. 

I get the impression you like what you see with AL. You both come across as fair minded. So with the information your privy to, and using your own judgement. Are you confident/happy/positive with our direction of travel under him? 

I dont have any sources, or have any mates of mates at the club. I just want to glean an idea about the bloke from people who have met him, and whilst your not on the board you know a lot more than average joe. 

Im hoping that you’ll tell me we’re not going down the orient route. . . 

8 hours ago, underdog said:

thanks

Hi Tracy, thanks for keeping us up to date.

Has Simon been doing Commercial work/helping out since September since Luke Foster left?

Has he been doing more Commercial work/helping out since Billy Quarmby left at the end if March?