Run up to Christmas...

Good win today in what seemed like a decent 2 half performance based on most people's comments. 

Next 6 weeks will define our season I think. 

We play 4 of the top 8 before Boxing Day plus away cup games at Maidstone and Dale. 

I'd take 9pts from 15 and a 3rd round fa cup tie at City! 

Let's hope Surridge stays fit and some confidence returns. And just maybe a good 3rd round cup tie will allow us to strengthen a bit in January and then who knows. 

47 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

There’s nothing I’d want less than to play City away in the 3rd round.

Agreed 

that could be more than 10 goals against unfortunately, and less than 30,000 there 

would put us back a few years 

would prefer Newcastle away

they always play a weak team and there’d be 40,000 plus there 

Just looked at our league games before Christmas.

Tranmere A

Lincoln H

Crewe A

Bury H

Exeter H

That's not an easy run.  I'll be honest I'm expecting somewhere between 4 and 7 points from that lot.

Our form is getting better, but 5 of our 6 wins this season have been against the current bottom 6 (Notts being the only team to pick up a point against us when by all accounts they didn't deserve it).  I quite like that stat as it gives me confidence that we won't go down, but in terms of pushing towards the top of the league we have a lot still to prove.

I'm really hoping that Cambridge was a pivotal win.  If we had lost we would've been very close to that bottom 6, which would've made this run in very nervy, but now we can go into the Tranmere game with a bit of positivity (and a good following to help).  This season has already been pretty up and down, this pre-Christmas period would be a brilliant time to have an upswing!

Our record v the teams above us is dire, so we will have a real sense where we are by Christmas, even if most of us have a view already.
If the 2nd half performances continue, we should pick up points. More first half performances and matches will be lost before half time against better teams of course.

10n7pl0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 9:29 AM, singe said:

Our record v the teams above us is dire, so we will have a real sense where we are by Christmas, even if most of us have a view already.
If the 2nd half performances continue, we should pick up points. More first half performances and matches will be lost before half time against better teams of course.

10n7pl0.jpg

Christ when you position the table like that Singe it really does show where we are....Crawley are our "biggest scalp" FFS so far this season and they are now 14th!!

But on the positive side...we are shit hot against the 17th placed team and below!!

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Christ when you position the table like that Singe it really does show where we are....Crawley are our "biggest scalp" FFS so far this season and they are now 14th!!

But on the positive side...we are shit hot against the 17th placed team and below!!

We are top of the bottom half if you look at it that way.😁

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Isn't that the table we normally win :scarf001: